BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Just read this about Jordan Rhodes and gives you a bit of faith in some footballers.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10770749/jordan-rhodes-writes-to-young-middlesbrough-fan-disappointed-he-left-the-club

Jordan Rhodes writes to young Middlesbrough fan disappointed he left the club.

Fair play to him I say.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Class act. Shame more players aren't like that. We swapped him for a guy who headbutted an Elvis impersonator and has an affiliation with the IRA.  Might write him a letter, see if he fancies being my pen pal when he eventually gets jailed

Haha. Made me chuckle, Gregg

9 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Just read this about Jordan Rhodes and gives you a bit of faith in some footballers.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10770749/jordan-rhodes-writes-to-young-middlesbrough-fan-disappointed-he-left-the-club

Jordan Rhodes writes to young Middlesbrough fan disappointed he left the club.

Fair play to him I say.

I am not being negative or cynical, but didn't he do exactly the same when he left the Rovers. 

Has there ever been a player better at scoring goals who is as pish as Rhodes at all other aspects of the game? His first touch in the box sublime, his first touch outside the box a pass to the opposition. If he even gets there first. Strange player Rhodes, like the baby liner on the play-ground playing 20 a side who always bags a lot of goals. 

Seems decent enough however so good luck to him in the PL, err i mean Championship.

3 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Has there ever been a player better at scoring goals who is as pish as Rhodes at all other aspects of the game? His first touch in the box sublime, his first touch outside the box a pass to the opposition. If he even gets there first. Strange player Rhodes, like the baby liner on the play-ground playing 20 a side who always bags a lot of goals. 

Seems decent enough however so good luck to him in the PL, err i mean Championship.

Do you remember Ted MacDougall  ? Very similar player.

On 17 February 2017 at 9:26 AM, rigger said:

I am not being negative or cynical, but didn't he do exactly the same when he left the Rovers. 

How many footballers wouldn't acknowledge a young fan upset they have left there club? I think the fact he's done it twice just shows what a class act he is. I really hope he gets to the Prem and does well there one day because he deserves it. Love you Rhodesy X 

A class act on and off the pitch.

He was sold twice whilst he was here and Venkys fooked him about and the deals never went through, no moaning, no crying, no going on strike, just cracked on and kept his head down, so rare in the modern game.

Class act and we've not even talked about his 80+ goals in a struggling side run by nutters.

Just now, rigger said:

Didn't he fail at the top level as well.

I wouldn't say MacDougall failed exactly. He just wasn't as prolific at the top level. I remember going to a Tommy Docherty book launch and somebody asked him who was the worst player technically he'd managed and he mentioned Ted MacDougall.

Somebody also asked him " Who was the player that got away ? " He  said at that time Utd needed a goalkeeper and he'd found out that Peter Shilton was secretly available for £ 300 a week and wanted another move.  He had to run it by Matt Busby who was still a power behind the scenes at Old Trafford. Busby vetoed the deal saying " Nobody at this club will be earning that sort of money whilst I'm here ".

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

King has been immense this season, he'll never be clinical but gets himself enough chances to afford himself an odd donkey moment.

Rhodes has been poor for Wednesday to the point I've seen them joking about him being a Mr Man - Mister Sitter!

He'll come good and I hope it's against Huddersfield in the Play offs!

Not sure if Rhodes' goalscoring might be on the wane a bit. Hope not as I'm grateful for everything he did at Rovers but he had a couple of lengthy droughts towards the end of his time here, he did alright for Boro in the Championship but he's only got 3 in 12/13 starts for Sheff Weds plus a few sub appearances. 

34 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

no he's not

He'd be a dab hand in League 1!!!

I think this team with Rhodes may well have stayed up, he certainly fired us to safety in Pep Bowyers first year in charge! Hoping he rediscovers his goal touch at Wednesday, seems a good bloke and only ever gave 100% for Rovers. His record is fairly unbelievable for us, to be fair.

Just now, Batman. said:

He'd be a dab hand in League 1!!!

I think this team with Rhodes may well have stayed up, he certainly fired us to safety in Pep Bowyers first year in charge! Hoping he rediscovers his goal touch at Wednesday, seems a good bloke and only ever gave 100% for Rovers. His record is fairly unbelievable for us, to be fair.

:) Pep's in the play-offs if the Pool beat Leyton Orient next week.  He's done a great job.

• 6 months later...

Archived