BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

38 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As I’ve just written on the Other FL thread he’s not even a regular in Shrewsbury’s team - 3 starts in the last 6 games.

BTW - he’s Harrison, not Harold.

Is that not something to do with fitness though? Dunno if he has had any knocks, but I do know he hasn't been playing regularly during his time with us at anything higher than u23, so not going to be too well equipped for the gruelling fixture list everyone is having to contend with.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Is that not something to do with fitness though? Dunno if he has had any knocks, but I do know he hasn't been playing regularly during his time with us at anything higher than u23, so not going to be too well equipped for the gruelling fixture list everyone is having to contend with.

Too much supposition about this lad.  Get him in, play him where he's effective and at least give him the same opportunity afforded to other less gifted players...seems Mowbray doesn't like his attitude, not a nice boy like.

57 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Too much supposition about this lad.  Get him in, play him where he's effective and at least give him the same opportunity afforded to other less gifted players...seems Mowbray doesn't like his attitude, not a nice boy like.

My supposition was in answer to a criticism which, if taken at face value, would mean he isn't good enough. I've long since wanted him to be played here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Seemingly to do with fitness. He's not actually used to playing games in his defence.

“I’ve played, what is it, eight on the bounce now? And I was definitely feeling it in my legs on Saturday.

“I was even feeling it last Thursday leading up to the game and I was maybe not right going into the game mentally – mentally and physically tired – and my performance proved that, I was very sloppy on the ball.

“I felt a yard off everyone, couldn’t get close to people, I had a chat to Albie (Wilbraham) and the manager and they decided it was best to take me out for this one to give me a bit of a rest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

As I’ve just written on the Other FL thread he’s not even a regular in Shrewsbury’s team - 3 starts in the last 6 games.

BTW - he’s Harrison, not Harold.

He has started whenever fit. Took a knock in his 2nd or 3rd game for them I believe. 

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Highly-rated winger Harry Chapman set to leave Blackburn Rovers this summer | Daily Mail Online

Club not taking up option despite Mowbray's wishes. Apparently. 

I've noticed over the years that Simon Jones, the journo who wrote this, does have form for writing utter shite about Rovers. Probably a Dingle. 

I hope he's right, as it would be an indicator that Mowbray will not be manager next season.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Highly-rated winger Harry Chapman set to leave Blackburn Rovers this summer | Daily Mail Online

Club not taking up option despite Mowbray's wishes. Apparently. 

I've noticed over the years that Simon Jones, the journo who wrote this, does have form for writing utter shite about Rovers. Probably a Dingle. 

How can a manager stay on when his views on who should be in the squad are ignored. One position you should never get in in your working life - “ Responsibility Without Power “. Ideally you want “ Power Without Responsibility “.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 10:01, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How can a manager stay on when his views on who should be in the squad are ignored. One position you should never get in in your working life - “ Responsibility Without Power “. Ideally you want “ Power Without Responsibility “.

Power without responsibility shouldn't exist. I'm not saying it doesn't, just that it's reprehensible. But I agree from experience that responsibility without power is awful. The two should be in balance as much as possible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Scored again tonight. 

I bet he is miles happier.

Probably too good for L1 but not quite Championship level (yet) but I expect he’s delighted to be away from a manager who doesn’t rate him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Probably too good for L1 but not quite Championship level (yet) but I expect he’s delighted to be away from a manager who doesn’t rate him.

Just needs games and a manager in touch with reality.  He can play at Championship level no problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

I bet he's delighted not being managed by Uncle Dickhead anymore. I'd imagine his time here has been blighted by tedious lectures about being a good human.  

On ability alone I think he's easily good enough for the Championship. 

• Like 4

I don't see why we wouldn't take the option. 

Albeit a division below he is one of only a few you could say are in form. 

I doubt very much that he's costing a lot of money in comparison to the general standard of a championship winger.

Dolan and Chapman on either side when in form would give most full backs something to think about.

Not saying both should be starting week in week out but good options who can beat their man rather than playing the sideways pass and Chapman knows where the net is.

• Like 4

It has looked a bit peculiar this loan. In that he's scored quite a bit with a few of them looking like real worldies. But he's been on the bench a lot. No idea why as all we see are the highlights of him banging them in from 25 yards. I'd be interested to know though 

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

It has looked a bit peculiar this loan. In that he's scored quite a bit with a few of them looking like real worldies. But he's been on the bench a lot. No idea why as all we see are the highlights of him banging them in from 25 yards. I'd be interested to know though 

A struggling team, I expect they have had  to defend a lot and he seems to be a bit of a luxury in that respect.  Impact sub for the last 30 by the looks of it.  Hes young, scoring at that level when he comes on...he can develop into a good player with a few additions to his game....

When you compare his ability go past players and hit good shots to certain young midfielders in the squad every week, it must be personal with Mogadon.  Shyte of a manager who can't manage kids with a bit of an opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I had a look at a Shrewsbury forum and it's not clear to me why he's been on the bench recently. Their fans rate him very highly, describing him as one of the most gifted players at the club in a while.

However, there are a few mentions of his attitude and an incident of refusing a handshake from management on being subbed. Then, Chapman acknowledged that his fitness was short a few weeks ago, with some fatigue, after playing a number of games consecutively.

He's played as a No.10, it seems, centrally, hence the regular goals. It seems the Shrews have a few options in that area. However, the team seems to have been struggling of late. They seemed to have tried him as both as part of a midfield three and, more recently, as a second forward.

It's clear they want their club to sign him but expect him to move elsewhere. (And not happy that Mowbray described scoring 'a few goals for Shrewsbury' in League One as being next to meaningless as an indicator for the Champ, which is "a million miles" up.)

Edited by riverholmes