BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] team for rotherham

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, booth said:

It's so frustrating. The full backs really can't be any worse and giving Nutall zero game time is baffling.

Maybe Nuttall's agent is just putting him here until he moves him on in January. One year contract they who pay most win remember!

23 minutes ago, JAL said:

Maybe Nuttall's agent is just putting him here until he moves him on in January. One year contract they who pay most win remember!

If thats the case he needs to change his agent rapido style because any decent agents advice would be is knuckle down get your chance make the most of that chance & me & you if that happens we will be quids in & laughing all the way to the uncle frank.

34 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I assume you are telling us how you work the system Jal.;)

33 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

If thats the case he needs to change his agent rapido style because any decent agents advice would be is knuckle down get your chance make the most of that chance & me & you if that happens we will be quids in & laughing all the way to the uncle frank.

Who's we ?

37 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tomlinson is injured. 

Travis played in centre midfield not right back/wing back

Even more of a reason for him to be at least on the bench every single game, he can play right back, left back, on the wing and in midfield. Disgraceful that he was playing tonight and not tomorrow night to be honest.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Even more of a reason for him to be at least on the bench every single game, he can play right back, left back, on the wing and in midfield. Disgraceful that he was playing tonight and not tomorrow night to be honest.

Reading his interview from earlier the only way any of the youth will get a game is if we have an injury crisis.These lads will all be looking to leave soon.How poor do some of our players have to perform before they are dropped?

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Four out of the six players, he's mentioned he never really considers anyway.

Really don't like his comments about the youngsters. Seems to be hinting that there will have to be a fairly unprecedented injury crisis before they'll be considered.

He should be saying if they do well enough they'll get their chance. The youngsters must be reading comments like that and think "Why bother?"

Very much in agreement with you Rev except for the last sentence. Any youngster in any career needs to "bother" even when he/she feels it's pointless. If they don't continue to work hard they never make progress. I spent years hammering this in to my kids, it's the way of the world nowadays and there are few employers who encourage young people in the manner which was the norm when I started out. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Very much in agreement with you Rev except for the last sentence. Any youngster in any career needs to "bother" even when he/she feels it's pointless. If they don't continue to work hard they never make progress. I spent years hammering this in to my kids, it's the way of the world nowadays and there are few employers who encourage young people in the manner which was the norm when I started out. 

The youngsters will still perform in the hope that scouts or managers from other clubs are watching them.These lads won't be sticking around if they don't see a pathway to the first team.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

But when some of these youngsters are getting to the end of their contracts and still haven't had a chance we will lose them. It must be so frustrating for some of them knowing they are playing well enough to merit a chance but Mowbray is sticking with the likes of Caddis and Williams who have struggled in many games this season. Lots of fans I speak to are sure the team would be improved by the inclusion of some of these youngsters. And ultimately that should be uppermost in Mowbrays thinking.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But when some of these youngsters are getting to the end of their contracts and still haven't had a chance we will lose them. It must be so frustrating for some of them knowing they are playing well enough to merit a chance but Mowbray is sticking with the likes of Caddis and Williams who have struggled in many games this season. Lots of fans I speak to are sure the team would be improved by the inclusion of some of these youngsters. And ultimately that should be uppermost in Mowbrays thinking.

Ya, he is dropping the ball here. 2-3 of them should have been introduced. Mowbray talking about us being down numbers on injuries is confusing to me. Does he actually go and watch them play? I think he is being overly conservative on this.

I think fans would even give more leeway if some of the under 23s were playing. although i could be wrong, lets say he does bring Tomlinson in and he struggles badly. Would fans get on his back? Would he have to go back to the under 23s? 

I was and am against relying on the youngsters as definite squad players - it's a gamble, there's no guarantee they'll do well. And truth be told before you throw them in, you need them to have a good chance of doing ok/well - it has to be a calculated gamble. 

Now given the U23s are doing very well, that suggests that it might not be as big a risk to play them. 

Given that some players - especially our full backs are absolutely appalling - it suggests that the U23s can't be much worse. The gamble continues to decrease. 

Mind you, I think in some ways TM is correct. He does have a bit of a crisis. Warton probably has as much of a claim for a first team spot as any bar Mulgrew and Lenihan (not that TM would ever play him). Nayambe is massively unimpressive but fast imo, but still 1000 times the player Caddis is. Harper may well be better than Evans at cm we don't yet know - but it's immaterial as TM will shunt him onto the wing anyway.  Conway is a great option to have, and adds a bit of energy (if not pace) to us. Lenihan is first choice cb, That's a lot of players to be missing. 

On the other side, we've still got the likes of Graham and Samuel up front, kept hold of Mulgrew, have the excellent Smallwood and a NI international in the centre of the park, have Chapman and Bennett on the wings. By rights and on paper there is still more then enough there to get results from games.

Reckon Shrewbury have no one of that ilk in their team, but have more heart, desire, a plan and players suited to the plan, and are showing that counts for much more, I also reckon no other squad in this division would be as in as strong a position with 6 injuries as well - that'd cripple most other teams in this division. Again this suggests we have more than enough tools to be doing better than we should. 

Most worrying of all it seems like it's excuse central down at Ewood, a sign that the cracks are beginning to show, and TM's confidence in himself is beginning to waver. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon we will see changes for this game

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Downing Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman      Dack         Bennett

Samuel 

I'd be happy enough with that lineup, although in Mowbray's latest interview (on the LET site today) did he not say that Bennett needs a rest and would most likely need to be benched for a game or 2?  Having said that, with the injuries I'm not sure who replaces him in that lineup. Antonsson would provide very little from that position from what I have heard about him.

13 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I'd be happy enough with that lineup, although in Mowbray's latest interview (on the LET site today) did he not say that Bennett needs a rest and would most likely need to be benched for a game or 2?  Having said that, with the injuries I'm not sure who replaces him in that lineup. Antonsson would provide very little from that position from what I have heard about him.

I hope Dack is played centrally. 

Ok, I didn't hear those comments about Bennett. In that case I predict Antonnsson will start in Samuels place, with Samuel shoehorned in on the left. Not good if I am right on that 

23 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I was and am against relying on the youngsters as definite squad players - it's a gamble, there's no guarantee they'll do well. And truth be told before you throw them in, you need them to have a good chance of doing ok/well - it has to be a calculated gamble. 

Now given the U23s are doing very well, that suggests that it might not be as big a risk to play them. 

Given that some players - especially our full backs are absolutely appalling - it suggests that the U23s can't be much worse. The gamble continues to decrease. 

Mind you, I think in some ways TM is correct. He does have a bit of a crisis. Warton probably has as much of a claim for a first team spot as any bar Mulgrew and Lenihan (not that TM would ever play him). Nayambe is massively unimpressive but fast imo, but still 1000 times the player Caddis is. Harper may well be better than Evans at cm we don't yet know - but it's immaterial as TM will shunt him onto the wing anyway.  Conway is a great option to have, and adds a bit of energy (if not pace) to us. Lenihan is first choice cb, That's a lot of players to be missing. 

On the other side, we've still got the likes of Graham and Samuel up front, kept hold of Mulgrew, have the excellent Smallwood and a NI international in the centre of the park, have Chapman and Bennett on the wings. By rights and on paper there is still more then enough there to get results from games.

Reckon Shrewbury have no one of that ilk in their team, but have more heart, desire, a plan and players suited to the plan, and are showing that counts for much more, I also reckon no other squad in this division would be as in as strong a position with 6 injuries as well - that'd cripple most other teams in this division. Again this suggests we have more than enough tools to be doing better than we should. 

Most worrying of all it seems like it's excuse central down at Ewood, a sign that the cracks are beginning to show, and TM's confidence in himself is beginning to waver. 

Not sure i'd risk throwing kids in defence or centre mid from the start but attacking flair on the wings or up front has to be worth a shout when things need freshening up even if it's just a temporary measure.

I'm in a agreement on the excuse thing though now he's reeling off a whole host for everything and also now talking the opposition up every game. There doesn't seem a great deal of confidence in his own team or at least it comes across that way coupled with postponing every game where two senior players aren't available when not long ago he was saying we have a strong squad.

In the grand scheme of things we aren't doing badly but you've got to have confidence and be bold at times if you want to chase promotion we've seen this approach before and its more tailored to midtable safety than grabbing things by the balls and having a go.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't think he builds them up too much there to be honest. My concern is him explaining their tactics like it is a cert that they will play that way.  If I was their manager reading that I would definitely come and surprise us...

Archived