BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] team for rotherham

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

A total lack of pace in the team is one of the major problems Tyrone.  Apart from Chapman and Nyambe I'm struggling to think of another player who I would call genuinely quick.  

Sick of saying it but it's been an issue for as long as I can remember. Management here have either not utilised it (King) or just made no effort to address it completely in any transfer window, save for the odd loan i.e. Chapman. We're so pedestrian and predictable, it's so frustrating.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Downing seems to be getting a few starts in peoples teams at the mo. Perhaps a seasoned League One defender would be good for us, however Downing's only start so far was in a straight forward (ish, never straight forward where Rovers are concerned) win, where he had little to do BUT Ward has been poor and the only way to put pressure on players to up their game is to drop them for poor performance and give someone else a chance.

Chapman must start, whether its trough earning it from sub appearances or through poorly performing players who play in his position. Him not starting sends out the wrong message to the players as far as I am concerned.

It certainly sends out the wrong message to the fans.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How is bringing in Whittingham going to inject pace into the team ? He's about as quick as I am.  Antonnson isn't much quicker, neither is Dack for that matter.

Who would you play then? We don’t have anyone else? The manager doesn’t seem keen on playing U23’s either.

Just now, AggyBlue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/september/we-are-short-on-numbers/

Short on numbers?

Yet doesn't seem to be looking at the under 23's.

Smacks of 'getting your excuses in early'

I don't like managers coming out with negative talk like that. Players like an excuse not to perform and that's giving them an excuse. Can you see Bill Shankly or Cloughie talking like that. They'd be telling the players how crap the opposition are.

On a lighter note if Ryan Nyambe is " on grass " I can see why he struggles with positional play.

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Williams and Caddis are easily the worst Rovers full backs I have ever had the misfortune to suffer. If I go all the way back to my earliest memory of going to Ewood (Hird and Bailey) to the present day, they wouldn't be anywhere near a first team place in any team in any era. Even our most limited full backs in all those years such as Millar, Sulley and Jim Bran were far more effective. They need rooting out and replacing with youthful energy. 

I reckon our under 23s would be competitive as an entire unit in League 1, so I am certain we can easily absorb two from their ranks. How could they be any worse?

When you add Ward into the mix we really are asking for trouble.

Hird and Bailey would be brilliant in a five at the back formation. Two natural wing backs that went for big money when we finally had to sell them.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Tom said:

Raya

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams / Hart

Smallwood Whittingham  

Chapman Dack Bennett

Samuel 

Have Dack in the hole and he will flourish, still think Whittingham has a role to play especially at home.

I'd have Nuttall on the bench as well. 

Doesn't he prefer to hover in the corners while his mates go in the hole?

• Backroom

Playing about what I'd like home and away. Both flat back fours...

Home, 442:

Raya

Travis/Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Hart/Doyle

Bennett   Smallwood   Whittingham  Chapman

Dack (semi-striker, like Dunn under Allardyce)  Samuel

Away:

Raya

Travis/Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Hart/Doyle

Smallwood      Evans

Bennett        Dack        Chapman

Samuel

It's a subtle difference but could work. Happy to have Nuttall and Tomlinson in there too.

"So it is very much where we are. We are short on numbers. When you think we are without Rekeem Harper, Ben Gladwin, Craig Conway, Ryan Nyambe, Scott Wharton, and Darragh Lenihan it leaves us very short."

Literally 2 of them are first teamers, Nyambe is probably 2nd choice, and the other 3 wouldn't get near our strongest 11, and have played about 90 minutes of league football for Mowbray between them.

3 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/september/we-are-short-on-numbers/

Short on numbers?

Yet doesn't seem to be looking at the under 23's.

Smacks of 'getting your excuses in early'

Four out of the six players, he's mentioned he never really considers anyway.

Really don't like his comments about the youngsters. Seems to be hinting that there will have to be a fairly unprecedented injury crisis before they'll be considered.

He should be saying if they do well enough they'll get their chance. The youngsters must be reading comments like that and think "Why bother?"

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Four out of the six players, he's mentioned he never really considers anyway.

Really don't like his comments about the youngsters. Seems to be hinting that there will have to be a fairly unprecedented injury crisis before they'll be considered.

He should be saying if they do well enough they'll get their chance. The youngsters must be reading comments like that and think "Why bother?"

Any of them nearing the end of their deals won't be signing new ones that's for sure

I hope Mowbray is questioned about this at the fans meeting

• Backroom

Really don't like this lining up excuses business especially when the likes of Nuttall or Rankin Costello could have Gladwins place on the bench but clearly aren't considered 

We need to come flying out of the blocks for this one for a rare change.  They've always been a physical outfit  but their manager seems to think they're playing some exciting stuff at the moment  https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2017/september/read--warne-calls-for-fearless-performance-ahead-of-blackburn-test/   I wonder if their manager leaves his better attackers on the bench at home :) They've scored 18 goals in  5 home games so probably not!

Last time they won at Ewood was 1979, although it doesn't really count because the author of the following link thinks it's in Birmingham:-

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=506237

Smallwood's ex-team mate misses him....1 2 3 4:-

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/lee-frecklington-not-looking-forward-to-being-on-the-opposite-side-to-richie-smallwood/

Gonna be a tough game.

Even at this early stage of the season I believe we are getting into 'must win' territory. Nothing less than six points will do for me this week otherwise the gap between us and the top two will be getting insurmountable. And the pressure will mount on Mowbray and some of his under achievers.

Just now, davulsukur said:

It really is. 

I can’t see why Nuttall hasn’t even made the bench.

He did on Saturday but still, none of them have had diddly squat in the way of minutes on the pitch.

Completely sending out the wrong message to the young lads. What more can some of them do? Smashing Fulham 3-0 tonight!

Just now, davulsukur said:

It really is. 

I can’t see why Nuttall hasn’t even made the bench.

I don't see what the problem is giving a lad like this a try someone will be after him in Jan if he keeps this up and we might miss a trick if he goes on loan or something.

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I reckon our under 23s would be competitive as an entire unit in League 1, so I am certain we can easily absorb two from their ranks. How could they be any worse?

This exactly. Mowbray is not the manager I thought he was. If he disregards our wonderful youngsters he should be sacked forthwith.  And I'd like to see young D Johnson take his place.

We need a young enthusiastic manager who believes in bringing through the youth.

Archived