BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys London Ltd accounts

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

For those of who don't have knowledge of shares etc, what does this mean on a practical level? More debt or not? More spending power potentially (although that seems peculiar given the shares allotment)?

It’s to add equity to the club (not debt).

In our case, this is usually done to comply with the FFP regulations as the money owners can contribute has to be in the form of equity.

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s to add equity to the club (not debt).

In our case, this is usually done to comply with the FFP regulations as the money owners can contribute has to be in the form of equity.

So a way for the owners to keep injecting funds to keep us solvent, whilst remaining within what is allowed under the FFP rules? Otherwise we'd likely be under some form of sanction?

24 minutes ago, alex l said:

For those of who don't have knowledge of shares etc, what does this mean on a practical level? More debt or not? More spending power potentially (although that seems peculiar given the shares allotment)?

It means less debt as what was debt owed by the club to Venkys London Ltd is converted in to shares.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

So a way for the owners to keep injecting funds to keep us solvent, whilst remaining within what is allowed under the FFP rules? Otherwise we'd likely be under some form of sanction?

Under FFP you can lose £5 million a season but this rises to £13 million with owner ‘contributions’.

This is assessed over a three year period so essentially you can lose £15 million (or £39 million) over this period.

Owner contributions must be in the form equity, which ‘on paper’ increases the value of the club (they’re clearly not going to get all their money back!).

I don’t know if this is the reason for this injection but it’s why they usually do it.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

At least we have honourable owners…. 😂

IMG_1334.jpeg

A lot never seem capable of separating the difference between financial obligations as owners and just giving the club money because it's the honourable thing to do.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It might be the academy site next then !

By 'that loophole', I meant selling club infrastructure to subsidiary companies.

As I said, I'm not 100% on this (I'm sure someone will be along shortly to either confirm this or tell me I'm wrong though) , but if that loophole has been closed, we cannot sell further sites to other Venky owned corporations

• Like 2