BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I am sorry but that isnt even a choice. Rhodes and Gestede held us back??? One of the craziest things I have heard on this board. Both were quality throughout their time here.

You can’t have been here long pal. This is den’s thing and I’m determined not to bite! :)

F7E53976-ABEC-4292-883D-7CDC21DD1519.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was chuffed we got the three points. I expected more from Hull to be honest, I thought they'd give us a tough game. Reading between the lines they're in a similar situation to  the one  we were in a year or two back. Low morale, lack of direction through out the club, fans disaffected etc. They could really struggle this season if they're not careful.

Yes, was quite surprised to see one or two journos tipping them for relegation. Seems they are on a downward trajectory.  Millwall have been the biggest yard stick so far.  As it stands, we should give most teams a game with our first 11.  Wigan also seem to have made a decent start.  Nothing to fear. 

15 minutes ago, chemosabby said:

the jury forme is still out on who is guaranteed a midfield place,but it's great to have a few options against different team setups. No doubt a few harder games coming up but a real positive start.The back 4 staying injury free is crucial and back up is needed. Hopefully a good performance on Wednesday will cement a good start and set the tone. 15 points from first 10 games would be great. 5 in the bag.

I agree regarding the back 4 , we're a bit thin on the ground if we get injuries. I like it when no one is guaranteed a place, makes 'em realise if they don't perform then there's other lads who will.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

There is a very fine line between success and failure. Adkins seems to be bowing to the inevitable after just one home game. We have been there. 

Meanwhile we have apparently prepared up to 8 million notes for The Forest lad. To coin a Billy Preston tune “ Will it go round in circles?”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nigel-adkins-draws-question-mark-1914068

29 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thought we were absolutely sensational in the first half. 3-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. Armstrong was having a great time running rings round their centre halfs.

Thought our defense handled them no problem in the first half. Both full backs I thought were excellent today. Bell has made that spot his own.

Lenihan was immense today and is becoming quite the player. Wouldnt be surprised to see premiership interest in January. Charlie boy did well, we badly need another commanding centre half in here before August 31st as I don’t think he will manage 46 games.

Smallwood was poor again for me, stuck a  boot in here and there but is so slow and devoid of any attacking impetus. Days are numbered at this level.

Evans played well I thought and was busy throughout, especially late in the game, was still busting a gut. Much improved.

Palmer is a talent, it hasn’t fully clicked yet in this system but he is a must start. He is the full package, has it all, will be a huge player for us his year. Unlucky to be subbed.

Bennett with his usual high octane performance, as others have said he is not a winger anymore and the sooner he slots back into centre mid the better.

Armstrong, looking like highway robbery that deal with Newcastle. Licking his chops all afternoon, and was unlucky not to score, caused no end of problems. Could tell he was enjoying himself. 

Dack, what can you say. Elite. Pops up with the winner with a great run into the box. Heart in mouth stuff when he went down, my heart will appreciate him not doing that again.

Rothwell, tidy when he came on, looks a player. 

Graham did well, and should be coming off the bench away from home, and starting at home, this fast counter attacking tactic today doesn’t suit him, but holding the ball up, well there ain’t much better.

Travis is full of piss and vinegar ain’t he, didn’t stop running and is a big laddie. 

I thought Tony was spot on today with the team, subs were head scratchers but that’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

Championship take note, if we are seriously about to spend 10m on the squad before the end of August then you have to be targeting playoffs. If the Brereton deal comes off, and we land a mean centre half and Winger then I don’t think it’s unreasonable.

That was an extremely enjoyable game.

Jackson Irvine was the only Hull player that looked arsed today. Very poor side that.

Similar thoughts to mine but I was surprised to see so many giving Evans so much praise. He wasn't awful or anything I just didn't think he was particularly brilliant either. Perhaps I'm being too critical but I watched him off the ball, I just don't find him that commanding or vocal and always seems to be 10 yards away from his man. A few of us sat near each other were saying the same. 

Funny how people see the game differently. 

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Indeed they are, sir....and a lovely cross and finish it was too. Great block by Nyambe near the end. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-blackburn/392571

TM's 600th game as a manager! I remember him as a centre back at Boro so now I feel quite old. On a more positive note, I'm very happy that Rovers are in a position to benefit from that kind of experience.

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Similar thoughts to mine but I was surprised to see so many giving Evans so much praise. He wasn't awful or anything I just didn't think he was particularly brilliant either. Perhaps I'm being too critical but I watched him off the ball, I just don't find him that commanding or vocal and always seems to be 10 yards away from his man. A few of us sat near each other were saying the same. 

Evans is a bit of an enigma, he has spells of decent passing and is tidy with his touch. He isn’t great in the air but he did okay in that regard today, he had a golden chance to shoot earlier on which he should have taken. He is a fit lad, and puts in a shift. It’s him or Smallwood for one of the spots in centre mid doing the dirty work. 

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thought we were absolutely sensational in the first half. 3-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. Armstrong was having a great time running rings round their centre halfs.

Thought our defense handled them no problem in the first half. Both full backs I thought were excellent today. Bell has made that spot his own.

Lenihan was immense today and is becoming quite the player. Wouldnt be surprised to see premiership interest in January. Charlie boy did well, we badly need another commanding centre half in here before August 31st as I don’t think he will manage 46 games.

Smallwood was poor again for me, stuck a  boot in here and there but is so slow and devoid of any attacking impetus. Days are numbered at this level.

Evans played well I thought and was busy throughout, especially late in the game, was still busting a gut. Much improved.

Palmer is a talent, it hasn’t fully clicked yet in this system but he is a must start. He is the full package, has it all, will be a huge player for us his year. Unlucky to be subbed.

Bennett with his usual high octane performance, as others have said he is not a winger anymore and the sooner he slots back into centre mid the better.

Armstrong, looking like highway robbery that deal with Newcastle. Licking his chops all afternoon, and was unlucky not to score, caused no end of problems. Could tell he was enjoying himself. 

Dack, what can you say. Elite. Pops up with the winner with a great run into the box. Heart in mouth stuff when he went down, my heart will appreciate him not doing that again.

Rothwell, tidy when he came on, looks a player. 

Graham did well, and should be coming off the bench away from home, and starting at home, this fast counter attacking tactic today doesn’t suit him, but holding the ball up, well there ain’t much better.

Travis is full of piss and vinegar ain’t he, didn’t stop running and is a big laddie. 

I thought Tony was spot on today with the team, subs were head scratchers but that’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

Championship take note, if we are seriously about to spend 10m on the squad before the end of August then you have to be targeting playoffs. If the Brereton deal comes off, and we land a mean centre half and Winger then I don’t think it’s unreasonable.

That was an extremely enjoyable game.

Jackson Irvine was the only Hull player that looked arsed today. Very poor side that.

Really good summary.

I’ve thought that Mulgrew has looked our weakest player defensively this season, which is saying something, considering he was immense for us last season. Bell and Nyambe were excellent and both players look like they have the whole package to be a success in their position. I really like Williams, but I think he might find it hard to dislodge Bell now with his recent performances.

Evans has continued to put in solid performances since the latter end of last season and for me deserves his place in the squad for now. Smallwood improved towards the end of the game, but he definitely looks like the weakest link at the moment.

Rothwell has looked like an amazing signing so far. He was running at defenders and making things happen when he came on, but he was tracking back and defending well as well. 

This is a really exciting team to be watching right now. Long may it continue!

On another note, Jackson Irvine is one of my favourite players from the new crop of Australian players. Would have loved to have him in our team, would be a great fit.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Have to say that Evans had an excellent game for me and was MOM,

Armstrongs pace is going to cause problems for a lot of teams this season - what a snip.

Lenihan the usual rock at the back.

Nyambe just gets better and better.

LB is Bells to lose now.

Raya - what a stop.

Those four (excluding Evans) are all young - what will they be worth in todays market after a good season? Then add Dack into that too.

Evans is like a new signing!! League One obviously wasn't his thing!

Massive victory for Rovers, it was imperative that we got our first victory under our belts early doors.  And its even sweeter that we got it on the road.  Big thanks to Hull City supporter Kieran Webster for talking to me both before and after the match. Now lets continue this form back at Ewood against Reading. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Neal said:

Just on way back now. Good day out. A few thoughts... 

Hull could be a banker for relegation, very poor and it seemed the fans know it too. No atmosphere from them at all and out side the ground before and after was very flat. Allam Out. 

Surprised there weren't more Rovers fans but what were there made a good racket. 

On the game. Always felt like there were periods of the game were we could have upped it a gear. They were lacking in quality and we should have really punished them. 

The back 4 for me were class, Nyambe is so strong and quick, the lad could be a real player for us. I like his and Bell's pace at fullback. Lennihan and Mulgrew won everything and did a steady job, the way Hull played suited them though. 

Evans frustrates me. At one point he was pointing at Nyambe to do his job, he always seems to react too late to everything. He's not proactive enough to command and get us organised. I'm hoping Davenport lives up to expectations. 

Smallwood did an OK job, lad gets a foot in and I personally prefer him to Evans but they're both are too similar. He played a tidy little pass to set up the goal though. 

Bennett. Missed an absolute sitter it looked from where I was sat. Gave the ball away too much for my liking but always full of running and commitment, rather see him in DM because he doesn't have enough quality going forward IMO. 

They were frightened stiff of Arma in first half. His pace and movement was really refreshing to see and it should of counted for more. 

Palmer is a great find and really good in the air too, won loads of headers. His pace and trickery will be useful for us, capable of creating something out of nothing, was surprised TM took him off. 

Dacky obviously only really played in first half. Typical really, can hurt teams, always looks capable of creating something, certainly not out of his depth in this league, although he did give ball away in and almost landed us in the chit. His knock maybe came at a good time in hindsight, Graham made it stick up top which meant more possession in their half rather than ours. 

Graham was class when he came on. Such a difficult player to play against and they couldn't live with him. Unlucky not to get a goal really but exactly the sort of performance you want from a target man, was just missing a goal. 

Travis. Very decent, put himself about, never went hiding, always wanted the ball. You can tell he really wants it, by that I mean to make it as a player for us, didn't give the ball away, chased players down, tidy performance. 

In Rothwell we might have a gem. Looks a technically gifted player, walked his way past a few of theirs on a few occasions, very easy on the eye and has ability. Could grow into a decent player for us, certainly has something about him. 

Rovers as it stands could be a decent championship side but without getting carried away... Hull were very poor and we'll find out more about this group of players against better opposition. Always had a feeling a better side might have punished us on a few occasions today but... You can only beat the team in front of you and today we got the job done. 

Tony Mowbrays barmy army! 

Good post. I wasn't at the game yesterday but you reflect nearly all my thoughts on the season to date. I agree with you on Evans, I think him and Smallwood are too similar as a pairing but out of the two I prefer Smallwood.

Not quite as much of a fan of Graham as you are, I think he's very in and out and doesn't have many inbetween games, his timing is either spot on and everything sticks with him or he has days where he looks way off the pace and he ends up playing the opponent rather than the ball. Twenty or thirty minutes at the end of games might actually suit him very well.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

7 hours ago, den said:

Rhodes and Gestede held us back. 

Not this again.

Not getting drawn into it other than to say that having other inadequate players like Jason Lowe pretending to be a midfielder held us back far more than Rhodes and Gestede ever did.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neal said:

I thought Evans was superb yesterday but he and Smallwood as a pairing doesn't cut it for me: Smallwood looks more than a yard off the pace and I think the step up to The Championship is too much for him. I agree with the earlier comments regarding Benno too, he's no longer suited to playing wide and perhaps his high energy and Evans' more cautious approach could be a good pairing in centre mid. Throw Trav, Palmer (who will improve), Rothwell into the mix too, sign a winger, a commanding centre half and forward to complement Dack and Armstrong, and we could actually rip this league up!

I haven't felt as positive as I do now for yonks, COYB!!

7 hours ago, rigger said:

's brilliant watching Rovers away, another sore throat, I think the team has a great bond with the away fans the support again was superb today.

Same boat my matey ?

This team deserves sold out away ends every single week 

When they came over at the end it was more than just a token clap

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good post. I wasn't at the game yesterday but you reflect nearly all my thoughts on the season to date. I agree with you on Evans, I think him and Smallwood are too similar as a pairing but out of the two I prefer Smallwood.

Not quite as much of a fan of Graham as you are, I think he's very in and out and doesn't have many inbetween games, his timing is either spot on and everything sticks with him or he has days where he looks way off the pace and he ends up playing the opponent rather than the ball. Twenty or thirty minutes at the end of games might actually suit him very well.

On Graham. I think with Armstrong giving us a different dimension up front will allow us to use Graham more usefully. There might be games where we need him to start and use his strength and know how, then there will be others like yesterday where he might be more effective coming on. 

Yesterday was a real headache for them because I don't think they knew what to expect. Spent the first half getting dragged about by Arma and then had to spend the rest of the afternoon getting knocked about by Graham. 

Edited by Neal

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16529437.hull-city-0-blackburn-rovers-1-player-ratings/?ref=mac

Sharpe giving the MotM to Evans. He was also very good against Millwall. Evans isn't a popular figure but he is a classy footballer when he's fit and on form. 

Smallwood's lack of mobility is what hampers him and I suppose in a better division with quicker players that will be more obvious.

• Like 1