BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

21 minutes ago, Scratch Andy said:

Options are needed, look at Spurs they need to spend 30 + million for a bench warmer to cover for Kane 

They are in short supply which ever the level is, unless you throw crazy money at it

The only way the above could possibly happen would be for both Samuel and Nuttall to go out on loan first.

Even then I doubt we could afford both their wages.

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, Scratch Andy said:

Got a mate who is a Swansea fan and ex player, helps out with training with Swansea under 16s and he rated Barrow very highly !!

He definitely had something, and if I remember correctly even had a few decent games in the PL with Swansea. Not sure what's happened since then. At 25 he isn't a youngster any more, so you have to think if he doesn't push on in the next year or two Championship/lower-PL will be his highest level. Still not a bad level to be at in fairness.

Ha Ha ... I don't know ... but i do find myself watching other clubs buy players and then wonder who they might have available , Palace making moves to sign German forward Max Meyer and Jordan Ayew 

Just now, AJW said:

Ha Ha ... I don't know ... but i do find myself watching other clubs buy players and then wonder who they might have available , Palace making moves to sign German forward Max Meyer and Jordan Ayew 

Well Wickham played his first match after 600 days out injured on Saturday so maybe it wasn't so far fetched :)

25 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Ironically I'm currently between 'actual' jobs so all I do is sit on here and try and cheer up the dour. You're going to be my toughest challenge. 

Thanks for your concern as to my welfare. ☺

Don't worry, you won't have to do anything at all if we make a couple of stellar permanent signings before the deadline.

Until then, I can only judge the window as it is. There's only so many times you can say: "It'll be a great window if we sign players A, B, C and D".

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thanks for your concern as to my welfare. ☺

Don't worry, you won't have to do anything at all if we make a couple of stellar permanent signings before the deadline.

Until then, I can only judge the window as it is. There's only so many times you can say: "It'll be a great window if we sign players A, B, C and D".

I've got a feeling you're going to end up chuffed by the end of the window. Fair enough it's not been great so far but the signs are encouraging. 

13 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I've got a feeling you're going to end up chuffed by the end of the window. Fair enough it's not been great so far but the signs are encouraging. 

All I keep thinking is how much we took quality players and multi-million pound signings for granted in the pre-Venky era.  What I'd give for an Emerton, Nelsen, MPG, or even Jason Roberts now - never mind Bellamy and Santa Cruz.

• Like 6

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, briansol said:

Nope, too many on Twitter like https://twitter.com/McConnellJamie that tries to impersonate ITK. 

This guy is the absolute worst, I remember a few years back he was giving it the ITK spiel and then named someone at Rovers as his source, I rang the guy in question who was pretty annoyed to say the least, Fudboy there backtracked pretty sharpish.

Never sure what anyone hopes to get from acting like they know something 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tormund said:

Nsiala and Nolan both hand in transfer requests at Shrewsbury, after a championship club has had a bid turned down. Could it be us? Probably Ipswich I’d imagine.

Yup would imagine its Hurst trying to raid his old club of two of their better players. Nolan for us is not needed now but Nisiala would be a decent CB backup.

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Got to feel for Shrews fans. Echoes of Furphy, returning for Field, Garbett and Bradford....

Their squad has been dismantled - Hurst has gone from being the messiah to the most hated man in history there. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Their squad has been dismantled - Hurst has gone from being the messiah to the most hated man in history there. 

We have to beat Ipswich. Dismantled squad and a load of League 1 level additions!! 

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

This guy is the absolute worst, I remember a few years back he was giving it the ITK spiel and then named someone at Rovers as his source, I rang the guy in question who was pretty annoyed to say the least, Fudboy there backtracked pretty sharpish.

Never sure what anyone hopes to get from acting like they know something 

That guy is clueless. Sad really. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Strong bet for relegation.  They were a cracking side last year - a real pain in the arse for us.

Sorry - I was referring to Shrewsbury.

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All I keep thinking is how much we took quality players and multi-million pound signings for granted in the pre-Venky era.  What I'd give for an Emerton, Nelsen, MPG, or even Jason Roberts now - never mind Bellamy and Santa Cruz.

Scary thing is that 2006-2009 Jason Roberts would be almost perfect for us nowadays. Remember us shifting him out to reading and him being the driving force behind their rise up the table and ultimate promotion.

I remember saying to all my mates in 2006/07 that if you could combine the flair, control and finishing of Benni McCarthy with the drive, passion and power of Jason Roberts, you'd have Samuel Eto'o.

Re loans: seems like we have set the bar pretty high this summer and not falling into the trap of Harper and Byrne. Players like Tammy Abraham and (Patrick) Roberts don't seem as far fetched as they did 2 month ago.

• Like 3