BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

21 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Interesting that Rich says we can afford Armstrong for £3 million + wages. Really curious about these other targets now.

I wouldn't pay more than 750k for Armstrong. I like him but he has a hell of a lot to prove.  It is good news if we do sign someone better, or even both.

• Like 1

Sharpe on Twitter says “they could afford the (for Armstrong) deal despite it being expensive with wages thrown in. TM thinks he can get more proven players for the same money”.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

Nsiala and Nolan both hand in transfer requests at Shrewsbury, after a championship club has had a bid turned down. Could it be us? Probably Ipswich I’d imagine.

I’d have Nsiala as a centre - half deffo. Don’t need Nolan though.

11 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Nsiala and Nolan both hand in transfer requests at Shrewsbury, after a championship club has had a bid turned down. Could it be us? Probably Ipswich I’d imagine.

No it’s definitely Ipswich, apparently Paul Hurst texted them 

Nsiala or Bauer are both upgrades on Downing, Ward and Wharton. I would be pleased if either of those come in.

Re: Tammy Abraham, he still doesn't have his next loan club does he, that would be an exceptional loan although you still feel a basement PL team will go there. 

IF we walked away from this window in a weeks time with Abraham loan, Bauer or Nsiala and Maddison or Armstong signed up... hat's off to Rovers.

... If.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not having that pal -info is clearly wrong.   Nixon said we were looking at a cheap deal and loans...

...well the LT believes there are seven-figure deals on the cards for Mowbray’s top targets (and TM is now back to 4 new faces coming in). One of these outlets has contact with Mowbray and the club. While Nixon apparently knows what Lukas Nmecha is talking about with his mates - but had nothing to say on Palmer.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh well that's another 2 potential signings we can knock off the list of then. 

I think Garner could be a target. experience at this level and scores goals aswell. 

I would deffo get one of Armstrong or Gallagher. Its a shame we couldn't get both permanent this summer or could we. 

Only another 8 days left and hopefully 2 or 3 signings to come. In Tony Mowbray we trust

Isn't he injured and didn't Boro reject the latest Wolves bid for him 

Do you think that Garner and Gallagher are better/should be on a higher list than Armstrong? I'd have to strongly disagree, wouldnt want either. And have either been linked apart from Gallagher by Nixon which doesnt count.

Also, need to keep repeating in Mowbray we trust. No one said they dont, any distrust is towards the owners and it doesnt help to stop the myth that everyone doesnt trust him.

• Like 2

Wow we have 3 million plus wages to spend on a single player...

I can think we guarantee a couple of seven figure signings now,  just depends on which list!!

Also the Shrewsbury players are going to Ipswich (their ex manager is there)

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

If that guy has as many players in and out of Rovers and the Academy as he is linked to i'm beginning to think he has shares in the place !

Here you are Khod what do you make of this ?

Am I, correct in saying we even had a scouse player Downing commenting on how good it was for local lad Scott Warton to go out on loan to Lincoln. 

Gallagher v Armstrong is an interesting one. I would say Gallagher is the better out and out striker, but Armstrong has versatility in his favour. Gallagher has a better goalscoring record in the championship. I would be happy with either,but at a push I would probably prefer Gallagher. Controversial perhaps 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gallagher v Armstrong is an interesting one. I would say Gallagher is the better out and out striker, but Armstrong has versatility in his favour. Gallagher has a better goalscoring record in the championship. I would be happy with either,but at a push I would probably prefer Gallagher. Controversial perhaps 

We need a twenty goals plus player.

10 minutes ago, JAL said:

Here you are Khod what do you make of this ?

Am I, correct in saying we even had a scouse player Downing commenting on how good it was for local lad Scott Warton to go out on loan to Lincoln. 

It's your links i'm going off by the way ?

So if we assume what sharpe says is true, then we do actually have some decent money to bring in a couple of players before the window shuts. Personally Ill belive it when I see it.

However if that is the case and we do bring in 2 quality player, preferably in the attacking area, on pernamanet deals then the window would of been a success. I think for a successful championship model you need to bring 3-4 high quality players each summer which have the scope to get better and can straight away push to be in the staring 11 along with a couple of squad players to supplement the squad. 

I wouldn't class Rothwell or Davenport as high quality yet tho the latter certainly has the potential to be, but palmer on the other hand definitely is imo. So if we can get 2 more high quality players to add to him and another squad player then the summer would of been a success. However I think it all depends on who these 7 firgure fee signings will be and if they will even actually happen.