BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - Success or Failure

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did Brereton only become available on the day or 2 before the transfer permanent window? I don't know. Did his agent phone clubs offering his services late yesterday before the deadline(a couple of hours before)? Just a thought. 

on the centre back target? Is Mowbray only looking a loan deal for this position until he can sign Bauer in summer on a free.

Cos Mowbray can still bring in 3 loan players with 2 being loan with a view to permanent deal in January. 

According to you Nicko (who I know you hold in high esteem) Brereton was as shocked as anyone about the deal, so that through that thought out of the window.

Why wait until the summer for Bauer when we need a centre half now and if he has an excellent season this year there will be bigger clubs than us pursuing him.

What make you think we are going to bring players in on loan with a view to a permanent? One when was the last time we did that with anyone? And two why would a club loan a player out when they can use him until January and then sell him? He's had 3 months to bring your 3 players in on permeants or loans don't get your hopes up that he will in the next few weeks. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The lack of press/media activity is rather puzzling as the Rovers have made a real effort to improve their output to fans.  I don't like to speculate, but a lack of presence from TM and others from the club is unusual and therefore could be a worry.

Hopefully just working on a loan deal or something.Sure TM will say something about our transfer activity or lack of it tomorrow.What I do find odd is absolutely no mention of deadline day on the Twitter feed and not responding to any one who tweeted about it both yesterday and today.

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you know why there wasn't a pre match presser today Chaddy?

Whoever the itk guy is who was giving you info must have been on the wind up not a lot he said came true

I asked Ryan Grant on twitter. said Mowbray did a lot of pre match press conference early in the week. 

very true and I have now chosen to completed ignore him as his info is mainly BS

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

According to you Nicko (who I know you hold in high esteem) Brereton was as shocked as anyone about the deal, so that through that thought out of the window.

Why wait until the summer for Bauer when we need a centre half now and if he has an excellent season this year there will be bigger clubs than us pursuing him.

What make you think we are going to bring players in on loan with a view to a permanent? One when was the last time we did that with anyone? And two why would a club loan a player out when they can use him until January and then sell him? He's had 3 months to bring your 3 players in on permeants or loans don't get your hopes up that he will in the next few weeks. 

Maybe we try for Bauer in January but he has already he wants to leave. I don't know. We will see. 

Mowbray has mention a couple of times about doing this. loan with a view to permanent deal in January

Downing. Cairney. 

Depending on who we are targets as now the Premier League squad have named the 25 man squad they will be some players available. 

6 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

Looking back on some of the crazy deals, I wouldnt mind rochina back in this side. I noticed he still tweets about rovers from time to time. Wonder what he is up to these days

I don't get this " collecting " players . Where would you play him ? His best position is where Dack plays. And Palmer. And Gladwin And probably where one of the two young lads we've signed plays .

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't get this " collecting " players . Where would you play him ? His best position is where Dack plays. And Palmer. And Gladwin And probably where one of the two young lads we've signed plays .

Was more of a nostalgic post as we mentioned the crazy days. Though he would look good on that left side of the attacking 3

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I asked Ryan Grant on twitter. said Mowbray did a lot of pre match press conference early in the week. 

very true and I have now chosen to completed ignore him as his info is mainly BS

Maybe we try for Bauer in January but he has already he wants to leave. I don't know. We will see. 

Mowbray has mention a couple of times about doing this. loan with a view to permanent deal in January

Downing. Cairney. 

Depending on who we are targets as now the Premier League squad have named the 25 man squad they will be some players available. 

Downing and Cairney very different. Downing was surplus to requirements at MK whilst Cairney came for game time and to get fit after a long period out whilst Hull were promoted to the Premier League. Neither were loans with an agreement to buy, we chose to make them permanent afterwards. 

Them and Gestede in a minority as loans that were successful which we managed to make permanent. The majority aren't successful or don't get made permanent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What is so hard to believe JHRover that the owners back the manager with some cash? 

Mowbray has been here 18 months and the owners clearly like it. Mowbray has also maintain he had money to spend after the India meetings. Yes it is disappointing that Mowbray didn't use that money to buy the positions we need players in. Yes we needed a pacey winger, Striker and back up centre back. Now This still can be rectify in the loan window but yes we would all prefer more permanent signings than loan signings. Mowbray has to solve the problem with 2 loan with a view permanent deal now and 1 simple loan. Yes they are a number of players I would have let here who has move to other clubs or haven't move yet. would you like a list? 

Its so hard to believe because they haven't backed any manager with serious cash since Kean left. There is nothing they have done since 2012 that suggests they are remotely interested in spending the sort of money reported yesterday. 

My mantra is I'll believe it when i see it. Actions speak louder than words. That's my default setting with everything at Rovers and will be as long as we are owned by people with Venky's track record.

Call it negative but I and we have been burned many times before by talk of this and that which hasn't materialized and ended in misery.

As I said earlier, the easy way of proving people like me wrong and making me eat my words is to go out and make some impressive signings and match the talk with action. Do that and I'll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong and applaud business done.

I'm still waiting to do that.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 7

As Mogga will no doubt be disappointed then so am I, disappointed for him but not in him.

Two points temper my disappointment:

1) We are not an attractive proposition for players with substantial championship experience, not in a division awash with big city clubs who haven’t just been promoted from League One, along with plenty of clubs large and small receiving vast tv payments.

2) It’s a transfer market, not a bazaar where you simply select what you want and buy it. For every buyer there has to be a seller - few and far between this summer throughout the division - plus the player and his agent have to want to move, to us. While Mogga may have been a little too open in his wishes, making them come about is largely out of his hands. 

Not spunking the money on duds is a better outcome than more than a few windows we’ve had in the past

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Its so hard to believe because they haven't backed any manager with serious cash since Kean left. There is nothing they have done since 2012 that suggests they are remotely interested in spending the sort of money reported yesterday. 

My mantra is I'll believe it when i see it. Actions speak louder than words. That's my default setting with everything at Rovers and will be as long as we are owned by people with Venky's track record.

Call it negative but I and we have been burned many times before by talk of this and that which hasn't materialized and ended in misery.

As I said earlier, the easy way of proving people like me wrong and making me eat my words is to go out and make some impressive signings and match the talk with action. Do that and I'll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong and applaud business done.

I know where your coming from but do you not think since Mowbray has been here they have backed him a little?

The signs are more positive, Waggot being brought in,a bit of money being spent and tying down our better players to longer contracts.

I mean pre Mowbray I can almost guarantee that Lenihan would have been sold this summer for a fraction of his market value.

Obviously I was as dissapointed as anyone that no more perm signings and was angry yesterday but after sleeping on it we weren't the only club to fail to bring players in yesterday. Boro who got 20 million for Traore and 15 million for Gibson failed to bring in any of their targets. 

I don't believe Mowbray would have wasted his or our time bidding 1 or 2 million for the likes of Brereton and Freeman so the 4 or 5 million must be there

Edited by islander200

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Did you listen to Alan Nixon on Radio Lancs tonight who explained why we had money towards the end of window to spend and why Brereton was available and Why it didn't happen and why Freeman didn't happen?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you listen to Alan Nixon on Radio Lancs tonight who explained why we had money towards the end of window to spend and why Brereton was available and Why it didn't happen and why Freeman didn't happen?

No Chaddy I didn't hear it, as it's difficult to pick up Radio Lancs in Somerset.

Please let us know what was said, just for those out of ear shot?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it online Chaddy or could you summarise what was said?

4 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

No Chaddy I didn't hear it, as it's difficult to pick up Radio Lancs in Somerset.

Thanks

It might be online later they usually are

It will be available online shortly on the bbc lancs website

Edited by islander200

The entire thought process behind "Venkys suddenly found some money" is totally insane. Venkys have benefited massively from the ban on beef in India for years now. The company is worth more than ever, however recently it's been announced the beef ban will soon be stopped. The future is uncertain for them, now would be an insane time to send us some random gift of money.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Simple. Because the club's still a basket case. That's why 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Thanks

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Is it online Chaddy or could you summarise what was said?

Alan Nixon said that Money came available after about 2/3 weeks ago. He was surprise and abit sceptical. Now whether Mowbray and Waggott had talks with Venkys and they agree to increase the budget I don't know but I feel its a good possibility due to the cost of players market and crazy fees. (my view is in the Blue)

He said we got Armstrong for a good price and good deal for us. 

On Brereton bid, He said Forest bought in an agent to sell him on Wednesday the day before deadline day. He was offer to Rovers and on deadline day we bid for him but when Brereton found out he was being sold he said no he wanted to stay. But he wouldn't be shocked if we went back in for him on loan to permanent deal before the deadline

On Freeman bid, Rovers bid for him and as did Forest did. But the reason the deal didn't happen was because McClaren threated to walk out if he was sold as he is their best player. 

On Gallagher, Rovers did hold talks with Southampton about buying him but the fee they wanted was too high plus wages could be problem as he's on 24/25k a week. could be loan target. He said Gallagher should be asking for a loan move as he wont be playing but if he quite happy to stay there for the wages then its not a player you want to sign. 

I did miss about 1 minute of the comment about Rovers. I will upload a link later 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you? Oh silly question

If any of that is true, Venkys will be scratching their heads asking “Tony, why did you say you need money if you don’t spend it?”

But:

Brereton - player fault

Freedman - selling club fault

Gallagher - player/wages fault

It’s like transfer window disappointment 101. All nicely tied off and nothing to do with Mowbray/Rovers/Venkys.

Nice one Nicko!

• Like 6