BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Technically speaking (contract yet to expire), Ben is the first Rovers player to score an international hattrick since when? 

It is time to move on, but personally I hope he does well and I'll always keep half an eye out on his career. Peculiar that nothing has been officially announced regarding his next club. Either Villareal have seen sense, or they're waiting until his contact officially expires on June 30th. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/06/2023 at 22:23, Leonard Venkhater said:

He's right though. Comparing ours to the Marseillaise is like comparing Aga-doo to Life on Mars 

I'll never forget the look of shock / admiration on the faces of the NFL players (Giants v Dolphins) for one of (if not the first) NFL International Series games in London when the entire crowd starting singing the national anthem.

It might be a dirge, but it's our dirge. 

• Like 1

One thing I am sure of (really unsure whether he can step up in La Liga) is that he leaves a huge hole in our team, probably more than many realise. So reliant on his goals and goalscorers arent easy to come by.

I wonder if some of the excitement around Sigurdsson comes around the potential for him to become a cult hero. Brereton not only was a key player but seemingly a popular one with the whole (under marketed) Diaz/Chile situation. A striker from Plymouth, he might come in and do well and lets hope so but I dont see him as potentially a cult hero, but Sigurdsson does have that vibe. The kind of player that everyone could be talking about.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing I am sure of (really unsure whether he can step up in La Liga) is that he leaves a huge hole in our team, probably more than many realise. So reliant on his goals and goalscorers arent easy to come by.

I wonder if some of the excitement around Sigurdsson comes around the potential for him to become a cult hero. Brereton not only was a key player but seemingly a popular one with the whole (under marketed) Diaz/Chile situation. A striker from Plymouth, he might come in and do well and lets hope so but I dont see him as potentially a cult hero, but Sigurdsson does have that vibe. The kind of player that everyone could be talking about.

You have your opinion, I don't agree with you. Diaz was not even our best striker in the Venkies era

• Backroom

Hopefully next season we're less reliant on one person scoring the majority of our goals. Once BBD reverted to BB last season we lost all of our steam because nobody else was stepping up to score enough. That needs to change.

• Like 1

There was a very personally engaging aspect to Ben.

I will follow him at the yellow submarine- appropriate as a club currently somewhere between transition and crisis.

He is such a confidence player he could just as easily become a cult goal scorer as sink without trace in Spain.

Gives me a slight reason to watch a bit more La Liga next season, a league that's been poor for the last few years IMO.

He's got all the attributes to succeed there and I'm pretty sure he will.

Some right nonsense got spouted amongst some fans last season about him not trying etc. He was out of form, but he sure as hell was trying! If anything it was more the pressure of reliance on him to get all the goals affecting his form, the load should be spread a little more in Spain.

He's also arriving there without a hefty price tag round his neck which should help.

Hopefully the next chapter in his story is European success, all the best Ben 👍 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wonder how his arse will cope with landing on harder drier pitches 30 odd times a game. 

Maybe adult diapers, like Trump wears, will be supplied by Villarreal along with the shorts.

Seen the pre game sprinklers over there?

More likely to need water wings.