BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

9 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Argentina's most popular sports newspaper, Olé, has an article on Ben.  It's in Spanish but google translate does an ok job these days.  The title translates to:

Ben Brereton, all the rage in Chile: three goals with La Roja and a street with his name

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/america/ben-brereton-furor-chile-calle_0__IIzYM7Ng.html

wfPPnTjOm_720x0__1.jpg

Obviously, at this point this is NOT an official street name.  The street in Santiago is simply called Benjamín and someone has added Brereton to the street sign.  Still, at this rate it won't be long before a major thoroughfare or some other piece of infrastructure bears the name Ben Brereton.

To put this into perspective, Rovers legend Alan Shearer, who once came third in the Ballon D'Or and blasted us to the Premiership title in 1995, had to wait until retirement before a street in Blackburn was named after him.

Ben has been a Chilean international for less than 5 months.

Official street name or not, it's becoming increasingly clear how mad for BBD the Chileans are. The fact the club are doing stuff all to take advantage of this is criminal incompetence.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If true, I'd suggest there's better ways to spend 85k.

I'd rather we added it to Nyambe's contract offer.

Sick of seeing us plead poverty and then misallocate funds and cost ourselves money with other poor decisions (delayed and overpriced season tickets for example, and not tapping this new Chilean market).

I would assume about a third of that cost would be the private jet, based on a quick google. We need him for Tuesday but I'm not sure it was too crucial he came off the bench for 20 minutes, so unless there wasn't a flight for a couple of days, this is a frivolous expenditure. The manager had even ruled him out until seemingly on the day, unless it was a ruse. I don't know if the rented accommodation mentioned is where he normally lives or some place more suitable for him to train during isolation, but I certainly don't see why he needs a 'luxury' car to drive him to and from London. Must be tons of normal taxis with perspex covid screens.

If the rumour is true I can only hope some of the cost was footed by the Chilean football association as part of the deal we struck. The plane perhaps?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I certainly don't see why he needs a 'luxury' car to drive him to and from London. Must be tons of normal taxis with perspex covid screens.

You wouldn't expect Messi to travel in any old vehicle would you? BBis an international superstar now you know!

(No---I can't believe it either!)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd rather we added it to Nyambe's contract offer.

Sick of seeing us plead poverty and then misallocate funds and cost ourselves money with other poor decisions (delayed and overpriced season tickets for example, and not tapping this new Chilean market).

I would assume about a third of that cost would be the private jet, based on a quick google. We need him for Tuesday but I'm not sure it was too crucial he came off the bench for 20 minutes, so unless there wasn't a flight for a couple of days, this is a frivolous expenditure. The manager had even ruled him out until seemingly on the day, unless it was a ruse. I don't know if the rented accommodation mentioned is where he normally lives or some place more suitable for him to train during isolation, but I certainly don't see why he needs a 'luxury' car to drive him to and from London. Must be tons of normal taxis with perspex covid screens.

If the rumour is true I can only hope some of the cost was footed by the Chilean football association as part of the deal we struck. The plane perhaps?

I would think, plane £20,000. Flat rental for 10 days £1000, Car Hire £1000

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would think, plane £20,000. Flat rental for 10 days £1000, Car Hire £1000

To get back from Chile you are looking at an upper range biz jet due to the distances involved something like a Gulfstream 5 or global Express these don't come cheap would think £50,000 is not too wide of the mark. Your £20,000 would get you to and from Europe.

19 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

To get back from Chile you are looking at an upper range biz jet due to the distances involved something like a Gulfstream 5 or global Express these don't come cheap would think £50,000 is not too wide of the mark. Your £20,000 would get you to and from Europe.

They would still have to refuel, so you could go for a not so high end aircraft. Or the Gulfstream G650 for the range 

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Did anybody hear the rumour doing the rounds yesterday about the cost of getting Brereton back for his fifteen minute cameo yesterday? The rumour suggested that a private jet brought him back from Chile, he is in rented accommodation over Chorley way and a hired luxury vehicle with perspex screens was used to ferry him to Ewood and back. The same vehicle will be used to take him to London and back next week. It was said the total cost would be £85k.

As I said it's a rumour going around so don't shoot the messenger.

Ben flew back in a private jet with five other European based Chile players so im sure sure the cost would have been split.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Did anybody hear the rumour doing the rounds yesterday about the cost of getting Brereton back for his fifteen minute cameo yesterday? The rumour suggested that a private jet brought him back from Chile, he is in rented accommodation over Chorley way and a hired luxury vehicle with perspex screens was used to ferry him to Ewood and back. The same vehicle will be used to take him to London and back next week. It was said the total cost would be £85k.

As I said it's a rumour going around so don't shoot the messenger.

At least as far as the private jet is concerned, that much is true.  However, it was paid for by several European teams interested in getting their players back quickly [flight left 3am Santiago time].  It was NOT just Rovers paying for Ben.

On the flight were Alexis Sánchez & Arturo Vidal [both Inter Milan Italy], Enzo Roco [Elche FC Spain], Tomás Alarcón [Cádiz FC Spain], Claudio Bravo [Real Betis Spain], and of course Big Ben from Blackburn  My understanding is all of those clubs chipped in for the flight.  This is pretty common for South American players with a tight schedule.

Here is Vidal's picture from the flight.  Caption reads "on the way to continue conquering Europe".

sin_txtulo-1.jpg_1122085068.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 8

Christ I didn’t realise he came on for you lot yesterday. That’s pretty bloody impressive having played 90 mins in Chile at 3am Friday UK time. I’ve done that trip innumerable times and I would not be in condition to play a football match within a few hours of arriving…!

Edited by PotterLog

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Ben flew back in a private jet with five other European based Chile players so im sure sure the cost would have been split.

I was going to post this happening that 6 Chilean players travel back together on a private jet as I seen it on Brereton's instragam account and doesn't he live in the Clitheroe area and not Chorley area. 

Thanks for @LordBaltimorefor posted the same picture I seen on Brereton's Instagram account

13 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Christ I didn’t realise he came on for you lot yesterday. That’s pretty bloody impressive having played 90 mins in Chile at 3am Friday UK time. I’ve done that trip innumerable times and I would not be in condition to play a football match within a few hours of arriving…!

Made of strong stuff these Chilean lads, Harry.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

That is because you are not a professional athelete

Ben Brereton 'worth the effort' as Blackburn Rovers striker commences quarantine period - LancsLive

Although Chile is no longer a red list country, La Roja did visit Peru on October 8 and therefore Brereton must commence a bespoke 10-day quarantine period, which started once he arrived back in the UK.

At the start of the month, the UK government announced players that are fully-vaccinated are permitted to see out their 10-day isolation in segregated accommodation, of which they're allowed to leave once a day to train or play matches.

It means Brereton is eligible to play in fixtures but the logistics of getting him to various destinations can be a challenge - players must travel individually in a 'Covid-secure' bubble - especially when there is an away fixture against QPR in the mix.

"He played less than 36 hours ago and he spent at least 12 hours in the air," said Mowbray. "We've had to rent him private accommodation and put him in private cars with security.

"It's a big operation and yet we decided that's what we were going to do. That will continue for the next 10 days.

"It's going to be a bit of a trek to get him to London for QPR on Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was going to post this happening that 6 Chilean players travel back together on a private jet as I seen it on Brereton's instragam account and doesn't he live in the Clitheroe area and not Chorley area. 

Thanks for @LordBaltimorefor posted the same picture I seen on Brereton's Instagram account

I think the premise was that The Rovers rented a place for him to isolate in, not where he normally lives.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think the premise was that The Rovers rented a place for him to isolate in, not where he normally lives.

why not just room at the hotel on Brockhall like we did with Kaminski when he signed here for us

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Brereton 'worth the effort' as Blackburn Rovers striker commences quarantine period - LancsLive

Although Chile is no longer a red list country, La Roja did visit Peru on October 8 and therefore Brereton must commence a bespoke 10-day quarantine period, which started once he arrived back in the UK.

At the start of the month, the UK government announced players that are fully-vaccinated are permitted to see out their 10-day isolation in segregated accommodation, of which they're allowed to leave once a day to train or play matches.

It means Brereton is eligible to play in fixtures but the logistics of getting him to various destinations can be a challenge - players must travel individually in a 'Covid-secure' bubble - especially when there is an away fixture against QPR in the mix.

"He played less than 36 hours ago and he spent at least 12 hours in the air," said Mowbray. "We've had to rent him private accommodation and put him in private cars with security.

"It's a big operation and yet we decided that's what we were going to do. That will continue for the next 10 days.

"It's going to be a bit of a trek to get him to London for QPR on Tuesday.

Oh my god, all the way to London by taxi. How will he cope ? 

15 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Argentina's most popular sports newspaper, Olé, has an article on Ben.  It's in Spanish but google translate does an ok job these days.  The title translates to:

Ben Brereton, all the rage in Chile: three goals with La Roja and a street with his name

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/america/ben-brereton-furor-chile-calle_0__IIzYM7Ng.html

wfPPnTjOm_720x0__1.jpg

Obviously, at this point this is NOT an official street name.  The street in Santiago is simply called Benjamín and someone has added Brereton to the street sign.  Still, at this rate it won't be long before a major thoroughfare or some other piece of infrastructure bears the name Ben Brereton.

Well it will make a change from O’Higgins everything Lord Baltimore!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Picture posted by Lord Baltimore suggests may have been a Cessna citation.

I don't know what kind of life you and Rigger lead, that you know these private jet makes and can even recognise one from a pic of the interior, but fair play.