BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Massive goal from Brereton again...scoring a lovely 3-0 goal to send the fans to raptures....Is this our striker?

If this is the player we saw when bought him its another masterstroke signing....he could well be worth around £25m-30m. 

We need to get him a new contract asap. Im sure Forest has some resell clause if we would sold him. I hope he stays and become a legend, he's only 22.

18 minutes ago, neophox said:

We need to get him a new contract asap. Im sure Forest has some resell clause if we would sold him. I hope he stays and become a legend, he's only 22.

Keep reading about him having a resell clause. We paid well over the odds for him when we bought him - whoever negotiated the transfer from Rovers really need to be brought to account if it is anything more than 10%

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Keep reading about him having a resell clause. We paid well over the odds for him when we bought him - whoever negotiated the transfer from Rovers really need to be brought to account if it is anything more than 10%

I’ve not seen anyone mention a resell clause. I’d expect that the inflated transfer fee would limit the size of any clause, unlike the Armstrong deal. 

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sorry to piss on the party. A crouching 5'9'' keeper.......

That's harsh mate. The keeper would have been expecting him to shoot across the goal and the finish at the near post was clever and shows how confident he has become since the summer. 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's harsh mate. The keeper would have been expecting him to shoot across the goal and the finish at the near post was clever and shows how confident he has become since the summer. 

BBD can only deal with whats in front, his job was to get a decent shot on target and he did that well.

I do not think much of a lot of the South American keepers.

It hit a bobble just before he hit it if you look on one of the replays . Dot know if that made a difference where the ball went but would of made the shot more difficult. Took it well. It’s fun to watch and makes me smile seeing him doing well over there. Fair play to the lad.

And if there is a sell on clause in his contract the guy behind the contract wants an instant dismissal 

• Like 3

The rise of Brereton has to be one of the most remarkable stories in our history, it's Hollywood material. I don't know who the manager of Chile is but the summer transformation has been remarkable and he has to take lots of credit. I wonder if he fancies a summer job to improve some of our other players ☺️

• Like 1

The strange case of Benjamin Brereton. 

Until recently nothing seemed to be going for him but now everything he tries seems to pay off. For example the second goal against Cardiff where he lost the ball or mishit it about 4 times but it still ended up in the net.

I've heard rumours that he visited a certain crossroads in Mississippi sometime last year!!

Really enjoying his success and it is a nice distraction from the fact that Venky's are still here.

I'll be gutted if Brereton is sold and we don't re-invest - that would be a complete U-turn on Mowbray's 'journey'.

• Like 3

Delighted he scored again. Just keep performing and scoring. He's bang in form and delighted for him. 

That's price tag just keep going up. 

12 hours ago, PotterLog said:

We'll do you a swap with Sam Surridge

I wouldn't swap Brereton for any of your attackers you have. Tho I think Rovers should have gone for Sam Sturridge this summer

11 hours ago, rigger said:

I'd swap.

Why? 

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If it's 0% they need running out of town.

Forest pulled our pants down over that fee...£7million for an 18-year old. Why would we also allow them a sell-on clause when we're paying that kind of money?

More likely it's just gossip being spread. Armstrong came to us for £1.7 million which means that the sell-on fee made sense. But for Brereton? 

You hope it's fake news, but then you're remember that we're owned by the Venkys...

• Like 1

Just Ben casually chilling out with one of this generation's most well-known midfielders in world football...

As others have said, it's hollywood stuff.

Vidal posted this to his Instagram as opposed to the other way round too! It's genuinely mental given what we've seen from Breo up until this season. Fair play to the lad, I bet he has to pinch himself every morning!

BB.JPG

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted he scored again. Just keep performing and scoring. He's bang in form and delighted for him. 

That's price tag just keep going up. 

I wouldn't swap Brereton for any of your attackers you have. Tho I think Rovers should have gone for Sam Sturridge this summer

Why? 

Because I would, it is my preference of the type of striker I want. I am glad Diaz scored again, but having watched the game, he did very little else.

Who is Sam Sturridge ?

Edited by rigger

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because I would, it is my preference of the type of striker I want. I am glad Diaz scored again, but having watched the game, he did very little else.

Who is Sam Sturridge ?

12 goals in 15 for club and country isn’t the type of striker you want? 

I think you’re just being contrarian.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

12 goals in 15 for club and country isn’t the type of striker you want? 

I think you’re just being contrarian.

Well I think you are manipulating statistics to your agenda, just forget the three previous seasons. If he scores 36 in 45 which is the same ratio you have used, but over almost a full season, I will hold my hand up and say he has exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Well I think you are manipulating statistics to your agenda, just forget the three previous seasons. If he scores 36 in 45 which is the same ratio you have used, but over almost a full season, I will hold my hand up and say he has exceeded my expectations. 

I'm with you here @rigger, he's getting over hyped based on a handful of games. The bubble may burst as soon as it inflated.

Hopefully it doesn't burst though, for Rovers sake. I don't give two hoots what he does for Chile.

Edited by Wheelton Blue