BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Well I think you are manipulating statistics to your agenda, just forget the three previous seasons. If he scores 36 in 45 which is the same ratio you have used, but over almost a full season, I will hold my hand up and say he has exceeded my expectations. 

Those are the stats for this season, how have they been manipulated? Im not pretending that Brereton is going to necessarily sustain that record but there aren’t many strikers at this level I’d rather have in our team at the moment.

Scoring on both the domestic and international scene is impressive. He’s raising his level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Those are the stats for this season, how have they been manipulated? Im not pretending that Brereton is going to necessarily sustain that record but there aren’t many strikers at this level I’d rather have in our team at the moment.

Scoring on both the domestic and international scene is impressive. He’s raising his level.

Because you are only using the games which suit your opinion.

The reason that there are not many who would replace Brereton at this level, is because there are not many good strikers at this level.

Scoring at all, he is raising his level (long may it continue).

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Don't you think it's because of what he's done for Chile that we have a reborn, revitalised and confident player. His stock has risen remarkably and we may cash in on that but the Chilean coaching staff deserve huge praise for getting something in a few weeks that Mowbray and his dullards couldn't get in nigh on three years.

Wonder if we could send Gallagher? 😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Don't you think it's because of what he's done for Chile that we have a reborn, revitalised and confident player. His stock has risen remarkably and we may cash in on that but the Chilean coaching staff deserve huge praise for getting something in a few weeks that Mowbray and his dullards couldn't get in nigh on three years.

Both his last two chile goals have come from him running the right-hand forward channel. Mowbray seems to want him to play on the left. I think I see the problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted he scored again. Just keep performing and scoring. He's bang in form and delighted for him. 

That's price tag just keep going up. 

I wouldn't swap Brereton for any of your attackers you have. Tho I think Rovers should have gone for Sam Sturridge this summer

I think Tyrese Campbell is better but he’s coming back from the sort of long injury that can really fuck over a young player’s career. You’d be daft to consider swapping Ben at the moment. Jury’s still out on Surridge, he’s been ok but missed a few good chances too. Not a starter at the moment for me.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Because I would, it is my preference of the type of striker I want. I am glad Diaz scored again, but having watched the game, he did very little else.

Who is Sam Sturridge ?

What has Surridge done exactly to make you think he's a better player than Brereton?

You're using past goalscoring figures to discredit Brereton but Surridge's record is awful

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Chile wouldn't have gone near the Ben Brereton of two years ago - I doubt San Marino would have. 

So following your logic Mowbray and co will have to take the credit for getting BBD to a place where this international career was even a possibility. 

Edited by Ben Frost
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to overly credit the Chilean coaches. Brereton has been with them for what, 4 weeks or so in total?

If we're crediting them, then we have to credit Mowbray et al more so.

Is there any kind of movement at Rovers regarding a contract extension, or is it more terrible mismanagement?

Raise his wages, three year contract - get a decent transfer fee for him, rebuild the team properly, pay for a decent manager to come in.

Then I woke up and remembered who owned the club.

Edited by booth

12 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to overly credit the Chilean coaches. Brereton has been with them for what, 4 weeks or so in total?

If we're crediting them, then we have to credit Mowbray et al more so.

I’d say the vast majority of the credit has to go to Mr. BD himself

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Chile wouldn't have gone near the Ben Brereton of two years ago - I doubt San Marino would have. 

So following your logic Mowbray and co will have to take the credit for getting BBD to a place where this international career was even a possibility. 

Absolutely not. It appeared in the national press during the early part of this year that his mother was from Chile and according to one of our Chilean posters it also hit the South American press. I don't know anybody who dreamt this could have happened but for me there was an almost novelty value in the story. He went so they could have a look at him, they clearly saw his potential and had the nous to turn that potential into far more than our esteemed management team could have dreamt of. I remember Mowbray praising Brereton who he said travelled well with the ball in training. He couldn't get that out of him in a match though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Well I think you are manipulating statistics to your agenda, just forget the three previous seasons. If he scores 36 in 45 which is the same ratio you have used, but over almost a full season, I will hold my hand up and say he has exceeded my expectations. 

Cool, so all he needs to do to impress you is score more goals than anybody has ever scored in a Championship season since 92/93.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Because I would, it is my preference of the type of striker I want. I am glad Diaz scored again, but having watched the game, he did very little else.

Who is Sam Sturridge ?

I watched the game too. It’s a bit harsh saying he did very little else. He won the corner for the first goal, for starters.

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Absolutely not. It appeared in the national press during the early part of this year that his mother was from Chile and according to one of our Chilean posters it also hit the South American press. I don't know anybody who dreamt this could have happened but for me there was an almost novelty value in the story. He went so they could have a look at him, they clearly saw his potential and had the nous to turn that potential into far more than our esteemed management team could have dreamt of. I remember Mowbray praising Brereton who he said travelled well with the ball in training. He couldn't get that out of him in a match though.

It’s amazing what a bit of confidence can do, in any walk of life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

What has Surridge done exactly to make you think he's a better player than Brereton?

You're using past goalscoring figures to discredit Brereton but Surridge's record is awful

Their goal-scoring records are probably on a par. It is just my personal preference

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

It’s amazing what a bit of confidence can do, in any walk of life. 

In professional sport it's essential I think. Prior to his Chilean sojourn in the summer I saw very little confidence in his overall game. Now he looks like he's got his acceptance speech ready to receive the Ballon D'or. 😄😄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, booth said:

Is there any kind of movement at Rovers regarding a contract extension, or is it more terrible mismanagement?

Raise his wages, three year contract - get a decent transfer fee for him, rebuild the team properly, pay for a decent manager to come in.

Then I woke up and remembered who owned the club.

i believe the club did prior to the copa America, he probably has his eyes set a lot higher now suspect he'll be off in Jan, with Nyambe and Rothwell 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Their goal-scoring records are probably on a par. It is just my personal preference

If you completely ignore the last few months maybe. We have three forwards at Stoke I’d play ahead of Surridge at the moment - Brero would probably be starting for any team in the division in the form he’s in..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

i believe the club did prior to the copa America, he probably has his eyes set a lot higher now suspect he'll be off in Jan, with Nyambe and Rothwell 

Beat me to it. I would wager there's less than a 1% chance he'll sign a new deal with us given his new found stardom. His agent will be doing everything in his power to get him that big move whilst he's riding the crest of the wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

On a par until this season where Ben has been on fire. But just conveniently ignore that 

Edited by Kie_BRFC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

BBD can only deal with whats in front, his job was to get a decent shot on target and he did that well.

I do not think much of a lot of the South American keepers.

¿WTF?

you're entitled to your opinion.  even if it's a stupid one.

so latin american goalies suck....the goalie is short....the goalie crouched.....the goalie trimmed his nails that morning.......pff.  It was a great fucking goal, no if's and's or buts.

• Like 2