BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He almost scored and the earlier back the better. 

As for your points, 

Put it towards offering players a better deal? Its about a month wages for them, possibly less. 

£85,000 isn't going to go very far with regards signing anybody. We won't miss out on a deal because of £85,000 

Ya, fair enough could go towards the stadium upkeep, but they larger projects they just need to approve. 

He's our main player and if he scored and we won I would say it was £85,000 well spent. He almost did and it's easy to criticize in hindsight. 

All speculation with the cost anyway. 

Give a way block of tickets at a discount and try to get more warm bodies in the seats?  Although with the way the match went, you'd probably have more supporters saying they'll never return after watching the team blow a 2 goal lead. 

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Paying whatever we owe Butterworth's agent so that we can play him.

I'm confused by this, what do you mean? Is there some standoff with his agent? Why would that affect him playing, especially since we have played him sometimes?

I feel it might be a joke I'm not seeing, or info I'm unaware of?

• Backroom
3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm confused by this, what do you mean? Is there some standoff with his agent? Why would that affect him playing, especially since we have played him sometimes?

I feel it might be a joke I'm not seeing, or info I'm unaware of?

Just a theory I have, mentioned in another thread.

I feel like we might be dealing with stupid clauses in players' contracts again. Purely a hunch based on why we aren't playing Butterworth despite Mowbray repeatedly bigging him up (not injured either).

15 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Assuming that the 85k was spent over and above what it would have cost to fly Brereton back anyway, and was spent purely so he could play some part in Saturday's game...

I'd say in hindsight, that was a terrible waste of money. He sat on for the bench for 70 minutes, and when he did come on made no material impact on the game whatsoever. 85k straight down the pan. 

This £85k is fiction becoming BRFCS fact. Even arbitro when he posted it flagged it was a rumour. So why you are now running with it in this and the transfer thread I'm not sure. 

You only have to look 2 pages back to see there were 6 of them on the plane. An eastbound private jet for up to 8 passengers over the Atlantic is currently quoted from 60k Euros. 

By your logic if they each paid £85k then that flight cost over half a million quid! It's just nonsense.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

This £85k is fiction becoming BRFCS fact. Even arbitro when he posted it flagged it was a rumour. So why you are now running with it in this and the transfer thread I'm not sure. 

You only have to look 2 pages back to see there were 6 of them on the plane. An eastbound private jet for up to 8 passengers over the Atlantic is currently quoted from 60k Euros. 

By your logic if they each paid £85k then that flight cost over half a million quid! It's just nonsense.

Running with it? Hardly. If you read my original post in this thread, you'll have noticed that I caveated it with 'If true'

You'll also have notoced that it wasn't me who quoted the 85k in the first place. I was simply responding to a hypothetical discussion with another poster.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

The 85 grand sounds over the top however this is Venky Rovers we are talking about here. Someone somewhere gets in Balaji's ear and he says yes i have a friend with a private jet. Get him back and pay the price.

It would be no surprise at all for something like that to possibly happen.

Then in the next breath Waggot is laying people off and trying to sell fixed assets. That's how daft it can be at Ewood.

• Moderation Lead

I mean, with the rumour; Brereton was on a plane back with European based Chileans, so it won’t have cost Rovers all the £85k. Also, I’m sure BBD lives in Clitheroe. Or at least I think he did at some point!

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I mean, with the rumour; Brereton was on a plane back with European based Chileans, so it won’t have cost Rovers all the £85k. Also, I’m sure BBD lives in Clitheroe. Or at least I think he did at some point!

I think the club have put him up in somewhere around Chorley for him to self-isolate.

Chilean news from lastnight.  They talked about the quarantine measures being taken with Ben, as explained by Mowbray.  They also showed the game highlights.

The piece ends by mentioning the upcoming transfer window saying "Rovers have pretty much abandoned any hope of keeping the attacker at Blackburn."  Is this true?  

"Ben in quarantine"

20211020_084441.thumb.jpg.96549a54bd3137dae33cf125e9a92f70.jpg

"Blackburn's strict health bubble for Ben" as explained by Mowbray with a voiceover.

20211020_084505.thumb.jpg.4346c50cb9337f29e53c9d270ebf6a8d.jpg

20211020_084539.thumb.jpg.d0064235f3cdad435905b22ffa79f159.jpg

Highlights from yesterday's game vs QPR.  "Ben could do little to avoid Blackburn's loss today."

Edited by LordBaltimore
espelling
  • Like 2

On 19/10/2021 at 10:04, Ben Frost said:

What's the point you're trying to make other than being your usual contrary self?

Never seen anyone allege it cost any more than a total of £85 k to fly BB back, and you yourself have noted it costs "from" 60 k Euros to fly over the Atlantic so the figures would roughly tally up.

As to whether it was worth whatever we paid then I'd say it would have been worth it had he started and made a significant contribution to us winning the game.

I think only Mowbray though could agree to or request that BBD be flown back specially at a cost of up to £85k then leave him sat on the bench for 87 mins!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What's the point you're trying to make other than being your usual contrary self?

Never seen anyone allege it cost any more than a total of £85 k to fly BB back, and you yourself have noted it costs "from" 60 k Euros to fly over the Atlantic so the figures would roughly tally up.

As to whether it was worth whatever we paid then I'd say it would have been worth it had he started and made a significant contribution to us winning the game.

I think only Mowbray though could agree to or request that BBD be flown back specially at a cost of up to £85k then leave him sat on the bench for 87 mins!

I can't believe I'm bothering with this, but anyway. There were 6 passengers on the flight. So the alleged 85k is immediately divided by 6.

If you book a taxi from Ewood Park to The Railway at Plezzy, and Mill Hill Cabs quote you 6 quid, that's for the journey, not per passenger - right?? 

Personally I suspect the flight was organised by the Chilean FA and they will also have paid for part of it, so it probably cost Rovers (and the other European clubs who used it) well less than 10k each to get their players back home asap and in the most convenient and comfortable way possible.

Explaining this is not being "contrary", it's pointing out the fact that "Rovers spent 85k for BBD to sit on the bench" is complete rubbish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Explaining this is not being "contrary", it's pointing out the fact that "Rovers spent 85k for BBD to sit on the bench" is complete rubbish.

No one on this board did say that Rovers spent £85k, did they? It was a hypothetical coversation.

So what on earth are you going on about?

15 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

I can't believe I'm bothering with this, but anyway. There were 6 passengers on the flight. So the alleged 85k is immediately divided by 6.

If you book a taxi from Ewood Park to The Railway at Plezzy, and Mill Hill Cabs quote you 6 quid, that's for the journey, not per passenger - right?? 

Personally I suspect the flight was organised by the Chilean FA and they will also have paid for part of it, so it probably cost Rovers (and the other European clubs who used it) well less than 10k each to get their players back home asap and in the most convenient and comfortable way possible.

Thought you were claiming that people were alleging the flight would have cost in the region of half a mill. Apologies if that wasn't the case.

The cost isn't really the issue here for me, it's yet another example of Mowbray wasting the owners' money like water. If BB had started the game and won us the three points then I would have said an outlay of £85k could have been justified.

However he was brought back to essentially sit on the bench so whatever money the flight cost was completely wasted Even if the per capita cost of the flight was "only" 10-15k.

In just the same way we've spewed countless sums away over the last few years on new contracts for players who simply weren't up to it, for our previously highest paid player to play for someone else in League 1, on temporary contract extensions for players who had never figured in the first place, on a contract extension for a lad whilst he  recuperated from injury who was never going to play for us again and on a new deal for a player who was clearly on the decline due to age and predictably barely featured.

And the cry is always the same "It doesn't matter, they won't be on much". 

Is it any wonder that after years of such gross mismanagement we can't afford to offer our better players acceptable deals?

It seems to be getting missed that the 85k rumour didn't just pertain to the flight anyway, but to the rented accommodation, rented private car and 'security' (whatever the fuck that means, it makes no sense so I've assumed it means the security of covid precautions in the car and maybe training ground).

Of course, it's just a rumour. If it's true though it's frankly scandalous when we are pleading poverty.

• Like 3

Looking at his performance last night it back fired anyway he looked knackered. All a bit pointless really, were we so desperate to get him back for a few mins football in the first place.

I know it's hindsight and if he'd come on and scored it looks justified. In the grand scheme of things though we are hardly likely to be chasing promotion in October so he might have been better getting some rest.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It seems to be getting missed that the 85k rumour didn't just pertain to the flight anyway, but to the rented accommodation, rented private car and 'security' (whatever the fuck that means, it makes no sense so I've assumed it means the security of covid precautions in the car and maybe training ground).

Of course, it's just a rumour. If it's true though it's frankly scandalous when we are pleading poverty.

Indeed. Imagine it would have been more use put to contract renewals. 

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...