BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Now that the other young players are back from loan, Tyler is probably behind players like Scott Wharton, Platt and Grayson me thinks

Not what I’ve heard. Magloire is now at the front of the queue to be intergrated this season along with Buckley and Butterworth.

i wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Wharton and sent Grayson back out on loan.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Not what I’ve heard. Magloire is now at the front of the queue to be intergrated this season along with Buckley and Butterworth.

i wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Wharton and sent Grayson back out on loan.

Sad if that happens. Always rated Wharton but granted haven’t seen him play last season. What say our former U23 captain Platt?

Raya wasn't ready to be our number 1 I don't think.

Great shot stopper but needed to improve on a few other things, his distribution for example, was atrocious.

He might develop into a great keeper and that's now the risk we're running.

Mowbray will have someone lined up, seems like the Newcastle keeper, only time will tell on this one. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Bentley - the guy who Brentford let go and replaced with Raya?

Butland - I’ll give you but he shouldn’t be playing in the Championship

Etheridge - likely to go to the Prem this window

Rudd - don’t need to say anymore than the below

Johnstone - bang average from what I’ve seen, I’d rather have Raya

Henderson - look at his mistake for Eng u21s a couple of weeks ago, they all make mistakes (and he’s playing in the Prem so not sure how you can count him)

Bentley - signed by Bristol city for decent money.

Butland - speaks for himself.

Etheridge - you agree.

Rudd - made a mistake, as did De Gea. It's Rayas inability to command crosses that bothered me.

Johnstone - always looked decent in my humble opinion.

Henderson - played in the champ last season, u21 GK obviously a better keeper than Raya. 

My point is the original poster claimed Raya was the best GK in the Championship. I mean come on.

• Like 2

Throughout the years we have lost loads of keepers who were head and shoulders above what Raya was and is and we improved sir Roger, Bradshaw, Gennoe, Arnold, Given, Flowers, Freidel to name but a few. There is no doubt that TM will have a replacement ready to replace him. Someone has already mentioned £3m from an academy prospect to continue the theme of producing players for profit. That’s what we are right now. Be positive

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Sad if that happens. Always rated Wharton but granted haven’t seen him play last season. What say our former U23 captain Platt?

Not one who’s regularly talked about like the others.

59 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You'd be getting a 6"5-6"6 defender who's been brought up to play out from the back. Got one of the highest amount of assists in league football. Still relatively young. Good discipline. Fantastic attitude.

Sorry I must have missed this, who are you describing as he sounds brilliant?

Are there actually rumours about this Cooper at Millwall or just people being hopeful?

I can't see any of the younger centre halves getting much of a look in. Not quite sure on the clamour from some for Wharton to get in, never really seen much in him. Magloire had a good debut but looked suspect in the air which is exactly what we need to work on, wonder if with his pace he could be turned into a full back? Admittedly haven't seen anything of him in the under 23s so not too sure what he's like on the ball.

• Backroom
Just now, pick32 said:

I’d say a keeper this week is a must, leave it till August and you can write the first 4/5 games of.

Considering how quickly this seems to have moved in the past few days you have to assume we're confident of getting somebody in pretty quickly. We absolutely do not want to be starting the season with Leutwiler between the sticks, as we don't exactly have an easy start to the season. We need somebody who is going to be able to come in and hit the ground running.

Just now, DE. said:

Considering how quickly this seems to have moved in the past few days you have to assume we're confident of getting somebody in pretty quickly. We absolutely do not want to be starting the season with Leutwiler between the sticks, as we don't exactly have an easy start to the season. We need somebody who is going to be able to come in and hit the ground running.

Agreed, Rayas successor is likely to be announced pretty soon. I like how deals are kept relatively quite until they are completed. Johnson's name was only mentioned a day before he signed.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

We must have someone lined up and signed. Otherwise we wouldn't have agreed to the sale immediately? You'd hope anyway.

It won't have gone unnoticed that Blackburn Rovers now have no first choice keeper and a fee in their pockets so I hope he already has someone with one foot in the door.

I do fear he'll try with the Canadian and these funds are earmarked elsewhere already !

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

Thank you. I quite liked him too, he would certainly be good in the air, but some reviews of him have said that he is not technical enough and a bit basic. 

Quite technical in my opinion but I might be biased. He'd be better than any of our current CBs imo.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Quite technical in my opinion but I might be biased. He'd be better than any of our current CBs imo.

Well based on the number of goals we conceded from headers last year and thereby threw away winning positions I think aerial dominance is a higher priority that the ability to play out from the back. If they are not confident with the ball at their feet all they need to do is give it to the midfielders to distribute. I would be very happy with Jake Cooper. Bradley Johnson is also supposed to be very good in the air as well, so that should also help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Hang on! Most of what's written on here is opinion and should be! But there are facts and fiction nevertheless. 

"most seemed desperate to get him out after each time he made a mistake" is NOT a fact and you ARE rewriting history to have your usual dig at those whose views you usually find baffling. Unless you can dig up those posts to show what you are saying is true, I'll dismiss it as the usual hyperbole I associate with you. What you've written does not match my recollection of the debate.

Most,however, thought he made mistakes during the season which cost us points, particularly after that injury v West Brom. Personally I think he has brilliant reflexes but makes poor decisions at times. Not helped by the state of the defence that's true imo. Good coaching, an elder mentor to learn off and I think he could be the goods.

It seems Tony doesn't think that so it looks like he's off. Whether we live to regret that only time will tell.

I have to agree with the original poster there was.lots of ill will toward Raya need better was used often, combined with slating the GK coach.  I too was a bit surprised how many now think we should not sell.  As for being touted the best in division erm think not.  I will be keeping an eye on his career as I am on the fence on this one, he could get better but I just have a gut feel he does not have it in him to fully develop the attributes he is currently lacking.  Like I said you can only coach so much of it for the top keepers it comes naturally.