BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

Looking at Newcastle/Forest fans opinions on Darlow. A lot saying he’s a great shot stopper but is error prone and isn’t confident on crosses etc. We are basically selling Raya too buy another Raya who’s older and has less potential. Great ???

Spot on.

If Gallagher comes in at £5 million, that will mean we have 12 million quid tied up in two back ups to our first choice striker (I can’t see Graham starting as anything but). As things stand we have an entire defence which cost in the region of £200k. 

Happy with our confirmed/speculated signings or not, there is no denying our approach is odd.

• Like 8

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Work your magic mate. Get him interested. Sell the town to him, tell him he'll be a legend here if he signs. Pleeeeeeeaaaaassseeee. 

Is he that good? I've not seen much of him, can you tell me what we will be getting?

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Rodwell was by no means PL standard at any point last season! He was reasonable at best.

Must of missed the 3 or 4 games that he was man of the match when at CB with Lenihan.

I think his worst game was Norwich away, which unfortunately left a bad taste in the mouth due to so close to the end of the season. He was okay for us last year. Certainly better than Evans and Smallwood, and is versatile in a pinch.

Im sure Tony has offered him a small deal, but he has turned it down in the hopes for something better.

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What remotely suggests we won't?

Given how  our transfer window activity is shaping up I'd snap anyone-s hand off now for 21st before a ball is kicked.

Harsh in the extreme.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Lovely place absolutely, full of stuck up you know whats though. Me and my mates go over now and then for an afternoon all dayer, some decent pubs  and bars as I’m sure you’ll know. 

Don't forget Cowburns sausage shop, worth a visit just for that.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bboy said:

Just a follow up  we where the 9th youngest squad last year. We had a bulk of our squad at the 20-24 range. We definitely lack in the 28-32 bucket

squad-age-2018-19-ch.png

That's a great graphic.  Interesting that the top 3 had their biggest spike in the 25-30 category.  IE the category that we don't buy in! 

??

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Must of missed the 3 or 4 games that he was man of the match when at CB with Lenihan.

I think his worst game was Norwich away, which unfortunately left a bad taste in the mouth due to so close to the end of the season. He was okay for us last year. Certainly better than Evans and Smallwood, and is versatile in a pinch.

Im sure Tony has offered him a small deal, but he has turned it down in the hopes for something better.

I remember them well, but none of them were Premier League quality performances, he just played well for a midtable Championship side. You say yourself he was 'okay' which I agree with, but hardly a ringing endorsement of PL quality in a Championship side.

'Better than Smallwood and Evans' also doesn't make him PL quality. Personally feel he COULD be PL quality but doesn't seem to have the hunger to regularly be Championship quality anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

totally agree with this feel Darlow is good keeper, Gally has bags of potential

Bags of potential? He's nearly in his mid twenties. He's done sod all where ever he's gone. There's a reason why other clubs haven't shown an interest. 

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I remember them well, but none of them were Premier League quality performances, he just played well for a midtable Championship side. You say yourself he was 'okay' which I agree with, but hardly a ringing endorsement of PL quality in a Championship side.

'Better than Smallwood and Evans' also doesn't make him PL quality. Personally feel he COULD be PL quality but doesn't seem to have the hunger to regularly be Championship quality anymore.

A mean that’s a really hard thing to quantify, PL quality. Does a Man of Match performance in the Championship = a PL quality performance.

Think we are on the same page though.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Rodwell sticking around another year but we will see. He was looking very comfortable with lenihan for a while. First half @Bolton he was outstanding in midfield.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

Hiw do I get.to be able to watch yiur clips in the U.S. is it difficult for a tecchie retard such as myself?

Download Windscribe. A free VPN that gives you a free quota of data each month. Run it, connect to a UK server like London, Nottingham or whatnot - then watch the video.

Dont forget to disconnect afterwards though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

Hiw do I get.to be able to watch yiur clips in the U.S. is it difficult for a tecchie retard such as myself?

PVN

Ha! Sorry---too late!

Edited by 47er
typo

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

It really isn’t.

Rodwell was PL standard. Johnson is Championship.

Conway has been replaced by an older (!) player.

Reed hasn’t been replaced.

Downing hasn’t been replaced.

Our goalkeeper (at best) is unsettled or (at worst) leaving.

There is still time but we are marginally weaker. However, the fact that we have brought in two free transfers despite lots of talk does not bode well.

Can you elaborate on all the PL standard performances by Rodwell as I'm badly struggling to remember them? He looked half decent, composed on the ball, that's about it.

Conway the bit part player replaced by a better player with much better pedigree and experience, absolute nonsense arguement there.

Erm Reed has Johnson and Davenport to step in there, granted Davenport was technically a squad member last year but that's irrelevant when he wasnt available for the most part. Given Reed was often played out wide where he was largely ineffective you could also argue Chapman has replaced him too.

Downing wasnt even a squad member hslf of last season as he was out on loan, when he was here he was hardly a pivotal player. Its just become some weird fantasy with certain people that he was any good, mainly as an excuse for a cheap shot at Mowbray by the cry babies. Regardless of that he WILL be replaced no doubt.

IF Raya goes its unimaginable that he won't be replaced so that's a pointless argument. As it stands he's still in the squad anyway.....

So yeah..    

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Download Windscribe. A free VPN that gives you a free quota of data each month. Run it, connect to a UK server like London, Nottingham or whatnot - then watch the video.

Dont forget to disconnect afterwards though.

Thanks. Great shout. I had been using TunnelBear, just 500 Mb per month on free

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

It really isn’t.

Rodwell was PL standard. Johnson is Championship.

Conway has been replaced by an older (!) player.

Reed hasn’t been replaced.

Downing hasn’t been replaced.

Our goalkeeper (at best) is unsettled or (at worst) leaving.

There is still time but we are marginally weaker. However, the fact that we have brought in two free transfers despite lots of talk does not bode well.

Downing was not here half the season and really was not up to much when did he become a worldie 

• Like 3

Downing and Johnson are solid signings. Both have good pedigree at the level we want to be (Top end of the Championship). In spite of their age they are both generally fit and play plenty of games. Their age is a positive for the group in adding experience as well as allowing the likes of Buckley, Davenport, Butterworth and Chapman to come through.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we went for a PL defender on loan for a season or another 30 odd year old. Because they love Magloire too and want to integrate him in.

i believe they’ll spend their cash on a Striker and a Keeper.

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks. Great shout. I had been using TunnelBear, just 500 Mb per month on free

Yeah think its like 10gb free each month. I need a VPN for my work sometimes but not enough to have to pay for one - so its ideal for me. 

Raya sold for £3m plus add ons is about right. Surprised with the change in opinion on him as most seemed desperate to get him out after each time he made a mistake. I rate Raya and I think he has good potential but he won’t be hard to replace imo. The names linked such as Darlow, Ruddy, Carson and Hart are upgrades imo.

Nobody was ‘desperate to get him out’. He was a young lad making mistakes, the coach got as much grief as he did. Everyone saw his potential.

I’m not massively bothered about it, but don’t try and re-write History.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Nobody was ‘desperate to get him out’. He was a young lad making mistakes, the coach got as much grief as he did. Everyone saw his potential.

I’m not massively bothered about it, but don’t try and re-write History.

I’m not re-writing anything. This is opinion and I remember lots of people wanting to replace him throughout the season. Now lots of that same group appear devastated that we’re losing him. Some going as far as to compare him to Friedel!? 

Raya is a good Keeper with the potential to be a very good one. But he won’t be hard to replace this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I’m not re-writing anything. This is opinion and I remember lots of people wanting to replace him throughout the season. Now lots of that same group appear devastated that we’re losing him. Some going as far as to compare him to Friedel!? 

Raya is a good Keeper with the potential to be a very good one. But he won’t be hard to replace this season.

Think you'll have to back that up with some posts as I dont recall 'most' wanting him out at all. A handful at most might have said it a few times.

• Like 1

Certain people need to stop being so obsessed with the age of players too.  Some of our better players over the years have been 30+.  The fittest person in a world class Juventus team is 34 for christ's sake. No I'm not making a direct comparison ability wise between Downing and Ronaldo either before someone chirps up. It's entirely down to the individual player, their lifestyle choices and their desire to play at a decent level as long as possible.

• Like 1