BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

• Backroom

Sounds like we got away with one on half time, ball squirmed past Raya and was going in then their bloke finished it off but was offside, 2-0 if he left it 

• Backroom
Just now, K-Hod said:

We keep saying we will follow up a defeat with a response. 

Unfortunately these responses never transpire, but defeat after defeat seems to transpire. I still can’t believe Conway has been selected, never mind from the start. Rothwell must be wondering why he bothered signing for us.

Hopefully Mowbray will leave before Rothwell does. Sadly I think it'll be the other way around. 

Some players doing OK: Raya kept us in it with a string of saves; Travis; Graham; Bell has looked good on the ball, but that’s about it apart from the offside Villa player who literally hit the ball as it was crossing the line to get it disallowed. Dack has needed a touch too many virtually every time so I don’t think he’ll have made Southgate’s notepad. Villa streets ahead though. We’d have needed to sign 8 in January to been viable playoff contenders.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we nicked a point.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

Just now, Tom said:

Sounds like we got away with one on half time, ball squirmed past Raya and was going in then their bloke finished it off but was offside, 2-0 if he left it 

Just re-watched that bit on slow mo, was definitely rolling in, but the player who tapped it on looked onside to me when the initial shot went forward, so definitely a lucky break for us.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We keep saying we will follow up a defeat with a response. 

Unfortunately these responses never transpire, but defeat after defeat seems to transpire. I still can’t believe Conway has been selected, never mind from the start. Rothwell must be wondering why he bothered signing for us.

The response is “Back to basics” and unimaginative, defensive-yet-ineffective team selections.

Rinse, repeat.