BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread (15th edition)

Put well in the LT. We are sleepwalking into relegation. 4 of the teams below it to play. At, best 2 points. Possibly 0 points. 

The problem is there will no plan if he is sacked. I wish the delay was due to background work being done, but ya can just imagine that's starting now maybe 

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

. I wish the delay was due to background work being done, but ya can just imagine that's starting now maybe 

Its all well organised behind the scenes mate, its just Mowbray fucking it all up....ask @chaddyrovers All next seasons new signings are listed and everything....nothing to see here.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Still think we will be fine even if we didnt pick up a point. Sheffield Wednesday need 4 wins from 7 and Wycombe need 5 wins from 6, assuming neither happens, Rotherham would need 4 wins from 10, all unlikely.

Next season I suspect it will be very much a season of struggle.

I certainly fancy Rotherham to get four wins from ten before we get two wins from six.

The relegation points threshold is rising very quickly and I don’t see where our next win is coming from.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Still think we will be fine even if we didnt pick up a point. Sheffield Wednesday need 4 wins from 7 and Wycombe need 5 wins from 6, assuming neither happens, Rotherham would need 4 wins from 10, all unlikely.

Next season I suspect it will be very much a season of struggle.

Hopefully, but if any of those win their next two, then it's very much real. It's fine margins now 

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I certainly fancy Rotherham to get four wins from ten before we get two wins from six.

The relegation points threshold is rising very quickly and I don’t see where our next win is coming from.

If Rotherham got 4 wins, we would need one more point, of course with additional draws for any that Rotherham get on top. I dont think we need 52 points.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need a game or two against teams that are mid table with the deck chairs out.

Hopefully with this being the longest of seasons (Covid- playing in July, Aug etc), there will be a lot of that about.

Although, that also means the teams below desperate for wins might be playing against the same. Which is worrying.  

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

The first win would come after Mowbray was sacked.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

We always say this though, then a performance/result like the Milwall game comes out of nowhere.

Just by law of averages, we'll get another 3/4 points this season to crawl to safety.

Next season is the worry unless changes happen.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

We always say this though, then a performance/result like the Milwall game comes out of nowhere.

Just by law of averages, we'll get another 3/4 points this season to crawl to safety.

Next season is the worry unless changes happen.

That's what Hull fans were thinking this time last year.

• Like 2

Rotherham haven't beaten Millwall or Wycombe. Even we managed one win Vs these teams. Honestly with form like that I can't see where they will get 3 or 4 wins from. 

Crap though isn't it, relying on other teams to be crap so that we can stay up... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Rotherham haven't beaten Millwall or Wycombe. Even we managed one win Vs these teams. Honestly with form like that I can't see where they will get 3 or 4 wins from. 

Crap though isn't it, relying on other teams to be crap so that we can stay up... 

Damned sure where one of them is coming!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

This.

My kids have been calling me Mr Negative for a few weeks because I think relegation is a strong possibility.

We have no method, no leadership, no fight and we look too easy to play against. 

The situation requires a managerial change!

The one thing we do have is the points in the bag. 👍

Your last 2 sentences I wholeheartedly agree with.

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

This.

My kids have been calling me Mr Negative for a few weeks because I think relegation is a strong possibility.

We have no method, no leadership, no fight and we look too easy to play against. 

The situation requires a managerial change!

We are also ill equipped to battle for points as we don’t have enough fighters in the team. 

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

After the weekend, we face 5 teams who are below us.

Everyone of them will be fighting for their lives and/or looking to overtake us.

What have you seen in recent performances that gives you any comfort or hope that we would come out on top in a one-off game with any of them?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Everyone of them will be fighting for their lives and/or looking to overtake us.

What have you seen in recent performances that gives you any comfort or hope that we would come out on top in a one-off game with any of them?

This is it 

Ya know people are posting saying so and so has to win X amount of games from those remaining. Well they win the next one and we lose(which we will) then the same thing happens the game after. All of a sudden we are right in it and we won't get out. How could we under a lame duck manager? 

I think this would be the ultimate low point of Venkys reign. As much as I love supporting the club. I would be done. It would be too much. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is it 

Ya know people are posting saying so and so has to win X amount of games from those remaining. Well they win the next one and we lose(which we will) then the same thing happens the game after. All of a sudden we are right in it and we won't get out. How could we under a lame duck manager? 

I think this would be the ultimate low point of Venkys reign. As much as I love supporting the club. I would be done. It would be too much. 

Get behind the lads FFS!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not much - which is a polite way of saying naff all. Please don't mistake what I am saying - I'm not saying we aren't dire, we are. I'm not convinced we will be getting a load of points either - - a couple of draws at best imo. 

What I am saying is that I can't see, specifically Rotherham but perhaps a couple of others too, overcoming an 11 point gap with so few games remaining. Even if they all best us Rotherham, Sheffield etc all need another few wins outside of thar. And other teams are not as obliging as us. 

So to sum up there's nothing in our performances, rather I think the 11 point gap is enough to see us sneak home safe this year.

Next one does look a nightmare though. And please don't take me thinking we will stay up for a lack of concern at how badly things have gone and how poor we now are.