BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Even trickier, pick a favourite goal from this collection. The man didn't do tap ins. It's between the Tottenham and Fulham goals for me, I think. Too close to call. Stunning to witness. Happy days indeed.

Yeah everyone is brilliant! The one v Fulham is what I remember most because he volleyed it home straight from a corner.

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

A few clinical finishes from Andy Cole in this one, but the main man of the video is the Turkish maestro. Your favourite Tugay assist? I love how he made Gerrard look silly, but my favourite is the lofted pass through to Cole at Loftus Road. Superbly finished by Cole too. Back when football was alive! 

What a bloody lovely footballer. The one for Cole v Fulham is unreal yep (love all outside of the boot through balls so also like the first v Wolves) but the one for Jansen at Ipswich.....absolutely perfectly weighted. Hero.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, frosty said:

What a bloody lovely footballer. The one for Cole v Fulham is unreal yep (love all outside of the boot through balls so also like the first v Wolves) but the one for Jansen at Ipswich.....absolutely perfectly weighted. Hero.

Yeah the one for Jansen had a message written on it - it said “ Here, put this in “.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, frosty said:

Even the final spin is weighed in favour of the striker/ scorer 

A Genius.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah it had back spin so it sat up for the striker to lob the keeper. Best passer of a ball I’ve ever seen at Ewood and I saw Dougie play when he was in his prime.

Well that’s saying something coming from you TS, and my hero was Duggie too. I read your post before viewing the clip of the wonderful passes and you’re right, he is the best passer of the ball ever seen in our lifetime at Ewood. A genius as ARA has said.  
He was a total entertainer with the passing, long range strikes, his invisible friend, the hiding over on the Riverside when due to be subbed, and the drawn out handshakes with everyone on his way to the bench. We were there to be entertained and my God how he made sure that’s what he did. An absolute legend in my eyes..

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Well that’s saying something coming from you TS, and my hero was Duggie too. I read your post before viewing the clip of the wonderful passes and you’re right, he is the best passer of the ball ever seen in our lifetime at Ewood. A genius as ARA has said.  
He was a total entertainer with the passing, long range strikes, his invisible friend, the hiding over on the Riverside when due to be subbed, and the drawn out handshakes with everyone on his way to the bench. We were there to be entertained and my God how he made sure that’s what he did. An absolute legend in my eyes..

As a crowd entertainer just watch the video of Tugays pre match warm-up against Newcastle at Ewood.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Dougie was a better dribbler and quicker over the ground than Tugay but he didn’t have the range of subtle passes that Tugay had. That ball to Jansen was a classic example. He had it on a string. He was up there with the best playmakers I’ve ever seen going from Didi, Di Stefano and Gerson, Ardiles etc back in the day and coming up to date a bit with Riquelme and Georgi Hagi.

Having said that ball is easier and the pitches are infinitely better now than they were in Bryan’s day.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 19:09, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dougie was a better dribbler and quicker over the ground than Tugay but he didn’t have the range of subtle passes that Tugay had. That ball to Jansen was a classic example. He had it on a string. He was up there with the best playmakers I’ve ever seen going from Didi, Di Stefano and Gerson, Ardiles etc back in the day and coming up to date a bit with Riquelme and Georgi Hagi.

Having said that ball is easier and the pitches are infinitely better now than they were in Bryan’s day.

Duggie didn’t have the pitches that Tugay has, the plastic coated waterproof ball or modern footwear either. Most of Duggies time he was playing on the proverbial mud heap with a waterlogged ball in hideous, heavy footwear with nailed on leather studs. 
How would Tugay have coped then? 

sorry, just seen the latest posts.

Edited by den
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

Duggie didn’t have the pitches that Tugay has, the plastic coated waterproof ball or modern footwear either. Most of Duggies time he was playing on the proverbial mud heap with a waterlogged ball in hideous, heavy footwear with nailed on leather studs. 
How would Tugay have coped then? 

sorry, just seen the latest posts.

Yes that true. You forgot about the guys giving you a good kicking and getting away with it. I’d been going to Rovers for two years before I saw a player get sent off.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Question I asked a while back but never got an answer.  The steel pillars that hold up the walkersteel stand now, are they the same steel pillars from the old pre 1988 Riverside?  It appears to me they didnt actually rebuild the stand but technically modified it as the skeleton of the original structure appears intact.  Looks liek they changed from a two tier to single tier terrace and changed the roof. Then a couple years later put int he seats post Hillsborough.  The pillars never moved position the whole time throughout with two different roofs.  Different concrete steps were put in I think.

Edited by Nuttall is lost

26 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

In today's LT:-

image.png.a319ac2cd394bb3dc079cf6a12cb9027.png

Imagine any of our current crop of cossetted primadonnas being seen dead in the 2023 equivalent, like a Golf GTs (go to shop), or Ford Gutless / Vauxhall Enema or similar?

Still, Big Al looks happy enough 🙂