BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Am I right in thinking the Riverside Seats are bolted to the original terracing?

no,when the old riverside was condemned the seating at the top was pulled down and the terrace at the front was converted into a temporary standing area,circa 1989 the terrace concrete was pulled up and whole riverside was renovated and extended with new concrete terracing at the front,a new roof and an extended steel section at the back,like others have said,it was`nt a new stand just a renovated one,rumour has it,even jack walker who supplied the steel free of charge was`nt to happy at the final outcome,been my home since the old blackburn end was bulldozed,i like its rustic charm tbh

• Like 3

Keith Barker reflects on swapping sports and becoming a great bowler https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-11590367/Keith-Barker-reflects-swapping-sports-devastating-bowler.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton- decent read - good cricketer maybe a yard of pace short of international level but much to admire 

15 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I also wish he'd finished his career at Ibrox. 

We've had far worse central defenders over the years and I'll not forget his bullet header against Wolves? on his debut.

Strange signing, you have to wonder where the envelopes went on that one!

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

We've had far worse central defenders over the years and I'll not forget his bullet header against Wolves? on his debut.

Strange signing, you have to wonder where the envelopes went on that one!

It was down hill after the Wolves game. My son tells me he was watching a game on TV were Souness was really slating Amoroso. Six months later he signed him ! 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Was the Wolves game the one where that Greek winger of ours (can't remember his name) did that amazing dribble and scored?

(I could be thinking of some other game)

Brett Emerton also scored on his debut in that Amoruso game. He may have got a couple actually if memory serves me right.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Ah cheers - it was Emerton I was thinking of, not the Greek guy (Donis?)

Yeah Emerton probably had his best game for us in that match. He looked like a World beater. I remember watching him play for Australia in central midfield before he came to Rovers. He was the best player on the pitch, so we played him out wide.

• Like 2