BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

9 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

In today's LT:-

image.png.a319ac2cd394bb3dc079cf6a12cb9027.png

That would be the last thing a celebrity would want these days.  A big slogan on the side advertising that its their car!

Shearer's interviews were so boring in the 90s.  ''Its always nice to be top of the table''.

He went a bit wild on his goal celebrations though.  In 92/93 he had a raised right arm and extended index finger routine.   It then turned into the right arm int he air and all the fingers extended.

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Unrecognisable’.

Yep, glad I clicked it as that photo gave nothing away.

I thought the same. A bloke looking exactly like Garry Flitctoft posing for a picture with a sign behind him saying "Flitcraft" really had me struggling to figure out who it was.

I'm glad that Dunn has seen sense and seemingly given up on trying to be a football manager. He was a bit of a plank for thinking that his past efforts "wood" have led to a sustainable future for him. 

• Like 1

As its FA Cup day and the magic of the cup seems to have fallen away in recent years, here are a few for the older fans, ties that definitely got the juices flowing:

Liverpool away 1978/79 - Lost 0-1 against probably the best side in Europe

Coventry 79/80 - We beat the first division side 1-0 at Ewood to set the Villa tie up below.

Villa 79/80 - Future European Cup winners came to Ewood and we managed a respectable draw in front of 30,000, but lost the replay 0-1 at Villa Park.

Liverpool again at Ewood 82/83 - Lost 1-2 against a great side.

Southampton live on BBC 83/84 - Lost 0-1 but I couldn't sleep for a week before this one.

United 84/85 live on BBC - Lost 0-2, again the excitement was fever pitch in the lead up to the game.

League Champions Everton 85/86 at Goodison - 7000 Rovers fans went that day, lost 1-3, Gary Lineker scored for Everton

We had nothing, skint, but all those sides gave everything in those games and the support was superb as ever.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

As its FA Cup day and the magic of the cup seems to have fallen away in recent years, here are a few for the older fans, ties that definitely got the juices flowing:

Coventry 79/80 - We beat the first division side 1-0 at Ewood to set the Villa tie up below.

Villa 79/80 - Future European Cup winners came to Ewood and we managed a respectable draw in front of 30,000, but lost the replay 0-1 at Villa Park.

Southampton live on BBC 83/84 - Lost 0-1 but I couldn't sleep for a week before this one.

United 84/85 live on BBC - Lost 0-2, again the excitement was fever pitch in the lead up to the game.

League Champions Everton 85/86 at Goodison - 7000 Rovers fans went that day, lost 1-3, Gary Lineker scored for Everton

We had nothing, skint, but all those sides gave everything in those games and the support was superb as ever.

Thanks @Gav

I went to all of those - great memories.

I remember 'standing' on the terrace behind the goal at Goodison, couldn't see a darn thing!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Went to all of those…proud as punch on each occasion 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Thanks @Gav

I went to all of those - great memories.

I remember 'standing' on the terrace behind the goal at Goodison, couldn't see a darn thing!

For some reason, that escapes me right now, I never made Everton game, big regret on my part, to have been part of that massive Rovers following at Goodison must have been superb.

Just been reminded that a mate got hit with a bicycle chain after the match, plenty of trouble outside the ground, perhaps it wasn't a bad thing I missed it after all! 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gav said:

For some reason, that escapes me right now, I never made Everton game, big regret on my part, to have been part of that massive Rovers following at Goodison must have been superb.

Just been reminded that a mate got hit with a bicycle chain after the match, plenty of trouble outside the ground, perhaps it wasn't a bad thing I missed it after all! 

“10p to look after your car mister..?”

“It’s alright kid I’ve left my Alsatian in the back…”

“Does he know how to put out fires ?”

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gav said:

There was trouble after yesterdays game at the station. The train back  to Manchester was held up and about 12 coppers boarded it with a young lad in tow with blood streaming down his face. They were obviously looking for the culprits. Our train pulled out before it was sorted.

Something a little different, but still with a Rovers feel.

A 10x10 Series from the BBC, first shown in 2000 (if I remember correctly) all about the thrill of 4:45pm on a Saturday afternoon.

The short programme features a number of fans from various clubs, including my very own Grandad, Leo Whiteside. Also included are some familiar faces from Blackburn Market.

@Herbie6590the sort of thing I'd imagine would be right up your street! Also maybe a topic for a future @4000Holes ?

• Like 5

I’ve just been sat here, chest stuck out, proudly watching Alan Shearer demolish every defence away sides put in front of him, what a player, Sky 100 - Shearer.

But the reason for the post and far be it from me to absolve blame today, but the Ewood pitch at times was 100% worse than we see today, no grass in each penalty area against Ipswich at home. I remember local company Netlon destroying the pitch one year and it took many to get it back to its former glory.

Edited by Gav

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’ve just been sat here, chest stuck out, proudly watching Alan Shearer demolish every defence away sides put in front of him, what a player, Sky 100 - Shearer.

But the reason for the post and far be it from me to absolve blame today, but the Ewood pitch at times was 100% worse than we see today, no grass in each penalty area against Ipswich at home. I remember local company Netlon destroying the pitch one year and it took many to get it back to its former glory.

I think the worst it was, was against Chelsea in March 1995 in a 2-1 win.  Also against Man City in April when we lost 3-2.  Was a mudbath.

• Like 1