BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We made an enquiry but Wednesday said that they weren't giving him away for nothing so that was the end of the conversation.

Wasn't it some of the same people telling us you don't need to know your budget to make tentative enquries about players not long ago ?

They are hilarious some of these nudge nudge wink wink brigade ?

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Nope. All you gotta do is ask....ffp is the elephant in the room not Venkys! 

Give it a rest Paul, that line doesn’t wash 

Plenty if billionaire owners circumvent financial fair play rules - Venkys just don’t care enough 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

• Backroom

So, if FFP bit the dust, even if only temporarily - which it must do imo under the current climate otherwise they'll be docking points from half the teams in a league- you would be confident of them opening up the coffers in a substantial way? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bit OTT. 

If a manager doesn’t play wingers it is pointless him signing them. Chaddy has half a point with that one. Problem is, he plays the wrong type of wide player, and then expects his full back to do the work of a winger. It might work if you have world class full backs a la Liverpool but when you have Bell and Nyambe whipping a ball in it is all a bit frustrating. 

Also makes Chapman a strange one. 

But you yourself have admitted that Mowbrays system is flawed and indeed seemingly agree. There is always point in signing players more natural to their position.

Maybe there is some hope. Mowbray admitted that we wanted Atsu in January and every player linked was a winger. 

Its a 3 pronged problem. Having Gallagher/Brereton/Samuel etc wide doesnt give us an attacking threat from wide. It means that there is then an over reliance on a full back, either a defensive one in Nyambe or a crap one alltogether in Bell to provide assists, which they cant, but because both full backs are so far forward, it leaves us exposed defensively.

Even if they said that directly to you. It would be hollow because ultimately there is no way of proving otherwise and thus such a blaze statement is meaningless. Although I dont believe that stance at all regardless.

Give it a rest Paul, that line doesn’t wash 

Plenty if billionaire owners circumvent financial fair play rules - Venkys just don’t care enough 

Again, not a discussion about whether they care enough. Speak to anyone who’s been in their company or worked for them / Rovers past or present. You’ll get exactly the same rhetoric. 

Just now, Silas said:

So, if FFP bit the dust, even if only temporarily - which it must do imo under the current climate otherwise they'll be docking points from half the teams in a league- you would be confident of them opening up the coffers in a substantial way? 

If ffp was gone tomorrow and the manager asked for some money, yes I’d be pretty confident he’d get it. Based on everything I’ve heard over the years.

Again, not a discussion about whether they care enough. Speak to anyone who’s been in their company or worked for them / Rovers past or present. You’ll get exactly the same rhetoric. 

I bet you there’s a fair few ex directors of Rovers that would disagree with your comments there. 

They’re lazy when it comes to us. We are archaic, and under their watch we become less and less an operating club and more of a stagnant cash black hole. All this ask and you shall get rubbish is a load of shite if you ask me. Look at the DROSS that has gone through our doors since they have been here - you think they’d have happened if it was a “get what you want” kinda deal? 

• Like 4

Speak to anyone who’s been in their company or worked for them / Rovers past or present. You’ll get exactly the same rhetoric. 

Big Sam worked for them and he doesn't have much good to say about them. Are you saying that's the same for everyone who has ever worked for them? It doesn't surprise me if they treat their staff like they do their football club and its supporters.

I bet you there’s a fair few ex directors of Rovers that would disagree with your comments there. 

They’re lazy when it comes to us. We are archaic, and under their watch we become less and less an operating club and more of a stagnant cash black hole. All this ask and you shall get rubbish is a load of shite if you ask me. Look at the DROSS that has gone through our doors since they have been here - you think they’d have happened if it was a “get what you want” kinda deal? 

Without going back over what went on with those who shall not be named it’s quite clear to anyone with a bit of sense that V’s were sold a pup. Lots of bad decisions and political agendas later we’re still in the shit (and most of it is V’s fault) BUT one things for sure EVERY single time they need to put their hands in their pocket they do....speak to some of those directors if you can. Based on what I’ve heard I’ll guess they’ll prob say, absolutely mental set up but in fairness, they never refuse to pay...

Thats why you have Sharpe and Crooke saying in spite of COVid, ffp, no sponsors, no season tickets etc...that Waggot and Mowbray and then club’ seem “relaxed” about the money....that’s because they all talk about the fact that the owners WILL pay when it comes to the crunch 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If ffp was gone tomorrow and the manager asked for some money, yes I’d be pretty confident he’d get it. Based on everything I’ve heard over the years.

Well I truly hope you're right.

Cos by the time we get to Xmas/New Year without full fans back, I can't see anyway the authorities can start dishing out sanctions to already crippled clubs. 

And if we could spend about 10 million this squad could genuinely compete for top 6. 

Might as well be 210 million in debt, if you're gonna be 200 million anyway,  when the possible prize for success is so high. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Big Sam worked for them and he doesn't have much good to say about them. Are you saying that's the same for everyone who has ever worked for them? It doesn't surprise me if they treat their staff like they do their football club and its supporters.

I’ve never spoke to Big Sam about them. Pretty sure that his main gripe was with Kean and JA. But either way his compo package seemed to get paid up nice and Bonny! 

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m pretty sure I don’t have as strong inside connections as you, but what I do hear suggests that it’s not as simple as a manager being given a budget. I’ve heard some bizarre things about certain signings over the years, and it’s all quite inconsistent.

One example I can share from a few years ago, we were after a youth level keeper... would’ve been an outlay of about 30k. Phone calls had to be made to Pune to get this expenditure signed off. Long story short, there was a lot of messing about and it didn’t happen.

So I suppose really I’m asking if you have any inside track on the degree of autonomy Mowbray, Waggott et al have when it comes to transfers? Are Venky’s having to rubber stamp signings on a deal by deal basis? I don’t know what would be more concerning, One of them passing judgement on a player, or them taking advice from a trusted partner!

• Like 6

Just now, Silas said:

Well I truly hope you're right.

Cos by the time we get to Xmas/New Year without full fans back, I can't see anyway the authorities can start dishing out sanctions to already crippled clubs. 

And if we could spend about 10 million this squad could genuinely compete for top 6. 

Might as well be 210 million in debt, if you're gonna be 200 million anyway,  when the possible prize for success is so high. 

Venkys have been terrible for us. But the FACTS are that they pump £20m a year into us just to keep the wheels turning. For those saying they have to, absolutely rubbish. There’s loads of owners who don’t. No enforced sales...Mowbray has openly talked during his tenure about having surplus money that he’s not spent...

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

It really should be a bannable offence to come on here and extol the virtues of Venkys after what they've done to this once-proud club.

Grow up. You should be able to see past your anger and hatred. No rovers fan in the world confines what they’ve done. But they have paid every single bill...

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

It really should be a bannable offence to come on here and extol the virtues of Venkys after what they've done to this once-proud club.

I know, I know. I keep posting a list of their crimes past and present but the past is forgotten and the present ones ignored. 

Don't get it really. I mean watching the Sunderland documentary, stuff on protests elsewhere, West Ham from a couple of years ago - our fans seem a hell of a lot more tolerant than any other bunch I can think of. 

Back to transfers and I wonder if we will hit the 300 page mark before a transfer. Not like there's an urgent need for anyone or anything... 

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’m pretty sure I don’t have as strong inside connections as you, but what I do hear suggests that it’s not as simple as a manager being given a budget. I’ve heard some bizarre things about certain signings over the years, and it’s all quite inconsistent.

One example I can share from a few years ago, we were after a youth level keeper... would’ve been an outlay of about 30k. Phone calls had to be made to Pune to get this expenditure signed off. Long story short, there was a lot of messing about and it didn’t happen.

So I suppose really I’m asking if you have any inside track on the degree of autonomy Mowbray, Waggott et al have when it comes to transfers? Are Venky’s having to rubber stamp signings on a deal by deal basis? I don’t know what would be more concerning, One of them passing judgement on a player, or them taking advice from a trusted partner!

It’s a weird set up. Always has been...I don’t know how much autonomy Mowbray has but bearing in mind they’ve backed him with roughly £15m in fees and not sold any of the Crown Jewels other than Raya and that was defo Mowbrays decision - I’d say he’s pretty well I’m there, wouldn’t you? 

48 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh, I see it’s been confirmed by the LET and Sheffield examiner that we’ve made inquiries for Westwood. Odd considering ‘it’s obvious’ that Mowbray doesn’t know his budget!? ???

Making enquiries. Not quite the same as signing players or spending money. 

I can make enquiries about a million pound apartment. Ask the seller if he'd consider a knock down deal if he is desperate to get rid. Doesn't mean anything if the answer is no or I can't afford it. 

It is infinitely plausible under these owners that Mowbray is making enquiries as to prices and demands hoping something can be sorted out whilst still waiting for approval from India. It also wouldn't be the first occasion that he has wasted time on a wild goose chase (Assombalonga, Darlow, the other Newcastle lad)

• Like 4