BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Quite possible it's just misdirection.Club does like everyone else being in the dark about our targets. Kipre and Cunningham would be cheaper alternatives to those I'm about to suggest. I can't really see Cardiff letting us have Cunningham for free.

Suppose and I say suppose we signed the following players on what they were on before:

Westwood GK(30kpw), Brad Smith LB(25kpw, Van Der Hoorn (R)CB(15kpw) and Ayala (L)CB (25kpw) and throw in Kaminiski on say 12kpw and that's our wage saving eliminated and a new centre back partnership. Obviously, we couldn't bring in Martin (CF), assuming we wanted to, without lowering those wages by at least a third. We might get Schmidt for £500k, though I doubt it.

We could fund Whiteman (£2m) by selling Williams to one of DC United or LA Galaxy who were rumoured to be ready to put a bid in back in March this year. I don't think I''ll get any support for Williams being sold for £2M. So Whiteman will stay a Mowbray dream.

Hopefully, Kaminski passes his medical.

I suspect that we will sign someone not mentioned again. Rich Sharpe is very much behind in terms of never breaking stories and Nixons wild swings at Hofmann/McLaughlin/Iversen/Muric etc all turned out to be rubbish. Kaminski has just come out of nowhere.

Not only would Kipres price have to drop dramatically but it would also require no one else to show interest even at a reduced price. Im not sure either havw even the slimmest chance of happening even if we do indeed have a strong interest.

Cant see the Schmidt deal at all either. Recently given a long term deal by Werder Bremen and midway through a 2 year loan.

Hopefully we are well on with our business because we could do with getting players bedded in. We had to start last season with Mulgrew, Bell and Bennett in defence because we couldnt get our business done soon enough. We cant afford to wait until close to the deadline to get the rest of the deals done.

• Like 5

As an aside, how tiresome have transfer windows now become! Not even the ITK wannabes which have always existed, its the repeated "Announce Kaminski" messages under every tweet and status, and people tracking player movements. Look at the below regarding Arsenal who are signing Gabriel from Lille. People have been done for stalking for less.

20200824_112944.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As an aside, how tiresome have transfer windows now become! Not even the ITK wannabes which have always existed, its the repeated "Announce Kaminski" messages under every tweet and status, and people tracking player movements. Look at the below regarding Arsenal who are signing Gabriel from Lille. People have been done for stalking for less.

20200824_112944.jpg

Absolute fact. I even think messaging players on Instagram or Twitter is too much! 

• Like 3

Lenihan called into the Ireland squad for Kennys first games. 1 of 3 center halves with Egan and Duffy. Looks like he is being primed to be 3rd choice. Big season coming up for him. Moved ahead of a few guys in the Pl who aren't starters and with Keogh and O'Shea out of it now, potential is there to really push on now. Can only be good for us! 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan called into the Ireland squad for Kennys first games. 1 of 3 center halves with Egan and Duffy. Looks like he is being primed to be 3rd choice. Big season coming up for him. Moved ahead of a few guys in the Pl who aren't starters and with Keogh and O'Shea out of it now, potential is there to really push on now. Can only be good for us! 

Ireland? Yawn ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

20200824_112944.jpg

That's a couple of steps too far

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

20200824_112944.jpg

We have taken it in a weird route on here with constantly demanding for our budget to be announced. Which by the way I've not seen anyone else do ever. Unless I miss all the press conferences where klopp announces we have 150m to spend or an upset bruce reveals only a 20m summer budget

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Graham linehan is one of them is he not hes gone on a strange old route this last little while.

Ya, it's Linehan and Arthur Matthews in the scene. 

I'm not following it too much, but I think he is just of the view you are the gender you are born and it's not popular online to say that loudly-case in point number 2 JK Rowling. Linehan does seem to be spending a lot of time doing it online though, so he should probably take a break and go write something funny again. 

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

We are interested in Kipre from Wigan. Good, young centre-back but, of course, we are baulking at a fee of £1.5M.

Same old, same old. Another club will step in.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-move-for-impressive-23-year-old-hits-stumbling-block/

I wonder would they take 1 million and Wharton on loan for the season :) 

Kaminski facts:

• Has to quarantine for 2-weeks.
  • Cannot perform a Brockhall based medical
  • EFL rules allow for private medical to take place outside of club
  • Medical could have taken place in Belgium before flight over
  • Earliest date he can train/play is 8th September, a matter of days before Bournemouth

Given all of this, you'd have to say it must be the plan to bring a Number 2 in before our first League match.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

We are interested in Kipre from Wigan. Good, young centre-back but, of course, we are baulking at a fee of £1.5M.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-move-for-impressive-23-year-old-hits-stumbling-block/

We tried and we failed...couldn't get them through the door....blah blah. Maybe, it also shows inexperience on the transfer negotiation front....

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, it's Linehan and Arthur Matthews in the scene. 

I'm not following it too much, but I think he is just of the view you are the gender you are born and it's not popular online to say that loudly-case in point number 2 JK Rowling. Linehan does seem to be spending a lot of time doing it online though, so he should probably take a break and go write something funny again. 

Ha yeah it's his opinion and to be honest it's completely his right to have it ( I'm not saying if I agree or disagree) but it seems to be a strange hill to die on. Hes made some brilliant comedy. The it crowd black books are all great.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski facts:

• Earliest date he can train/play is 8th September, a matter of days before Bournemouth

Given all of this, you'd have to say it must be the plan to bring a Number 2 in before our first League match.

Fact: He will play against Bournemouth?

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski facts:

So Kaminski has to quarantine for 2 weeks but Liverpool don't even tho they had a Confirmed Covid-19 case? 

Let's hope we get exemption for him. If he has been regular tested in Belgium then surely he wouldnt need to self isolated for 14 days?

21 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

We have taken it in a weird route on here with constantly demanding for our budget to be announced. Which by the way I've not seen anyone else do ever. Unless I miss all the press conferences where klopp announces we have 150m to spend or an upset bruce reveals only a 20m summer budget

Fake news alert: another one saying people have demanded to know what the budget is,constantly. I'm not sure how Klopp would know Blackburn Rovers has £150m to spend. I know Ahsan Ali Syed pledged to invest £300m into Blackburn Rovers football club that he didn't have and subsequently bankrupted a Spanish club. Now an upset Bruce announcing he;'s only 20m to spend is something I can envisage.

Of course not!  Since Mowbray said he didn't have clarity on the budget, I and others would like Mowbray to make an announcement when he has clarity on the budget. We're not goingto have to pull a Charlton and occupy Ewood Park to find out if Mowbray has clarity,are we?

Edited by Richard Oakley

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its interesting because if they liked the player so much and had so much confidence in their judgment of him they would be confident of him increasing from that price very quickly. A real project signing likely to pay off.

They appeared to be very keen on splashing multi millions out on Brereton to grow in value yet struggle to get to that figure for someone who would be a regular CB and probably represent a bargain and a likely increase in value.

Someone else will snaffle him for that sort of price. No prizes for being interested if you can't back it up with the cash.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2