BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I know I made the joke earlier...

But why don't we make a loan bid for Ryan Sessegnon at Spurs.

Heard the other day Celtic fancied a loan and if you were Mourinho you'd surely rather loan out to top 10* of the Championship, where he is playing and tested every week unlike the SPL cakewalk (bar 4 games a season).

Rules us out then. ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don’t think there’s enough evidence to say he’s a Top 6 quality centre back. The data certainly doesn’t suggest it. Yet West Brom want him. So I guess it’s just a game of opinions yet again ?

I would probably agree that he isnt a top 6 quality centre back necessarily, although my point was more that you do not get anything close usually for that price in this country, and Kipre would have been a very shrewd addition. We will struggle to get anyone of that quality otherwise for under a million.

I dont think data can draw conclusions like that alone though, not that I am saying that you are only using data. Things like interceptions, long passes, short passes, headers per game etc, the most important variable is the team he is playing in. Data is useful to an extent but only to accompany regular watching of a player really. Things like goals and assists for an attacking player, much more useful, but things like types of passes, not so much.

Everytime I have seen Wigan he has been very impressive. Wigan were very good defensively and in the 32 starts that he made, Wigan kept 12 clean sheets and conceded 37 goals, 1.16 goals per game. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would probably agree that he isnt a top 6 quality centre back necessarily, although my point was more that you do not get anything close usually for that price in this country, and Kipre would have been a very shrewd addition. We will struggle to get anyone of that quality otherwise for under a million.

I dont think data can draw conclusions like that alone though, not that I am saying that you are only using data. Things like interceptions, long passes, short passes, headers per game etc, the most important variable is the team he is playing in. Data is useful to an extent but only to accompany regular watching of a player really. Things like goals and assists for an attacking player, much more useful, but things like types of passes, not so much.

Everytime I have seen Wigan he has been very impressive. Wigan were very good defensively and in the 32 starts that he made, Wigan kept 12 clean sheets and conceded 37 goals, 1.16 goals per game. 

But that means that in the 20 starts they didn’t keep a clean sheet they conceded 37 goals, almost two per game.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

But that means that in the 20 starts they didn’t keep a clean sheet they conceded 37 goals, almost two per game.

Compare the 1.16 goals per game v us last year, to our 1.37 goals per game, thats 10 goals over a season. Although again, ultimately as much to do with the rest of the team.

Nixon loves nothing more than trying to piss on our chips these days after his BRFCS love affair went sour. Christ the Nickoteens on here used to give him message board hand jobs for an 11 oclocker back then ? Can't remember many of his scoops actually coming off either but he didn't react well to being doubted did he.

I'd be made up signing Kipre in our position, in West Broms though? Probably not so much if I'm honest, they really need to aim a bit higher.

• Like 4

Sounds like WBA still haven't bid for Kipre yet and would he even play regular there. Surely he would want to play regular and its seems like Shane Duffy is their 1st target and with Dunk, White, Burn and Webster all ahead of him at Brighton that Duffy will move on. 

Also was the WBA link leaked so thats Rovers would agree to Kipre's wage demands quickly to secure the deal? Which wouldn't surprise me

I have no idea on Kipre's ability as he only seen him against us. But 900k fee does seem a good deal judging by comments on here and other social sites. 

No idea who the second defender is we are chasing. 

• Like 2

I think W.B.A. also are looking at Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic.

"West Bromwich Albion are interested in Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, according to reports.

Slaven Bilic wants to strengthen his options in defence after leading the Baggies back to the Premier League. Brighton centre-back Shane Duffy has been heavily linked but he is thought to prefer a move to Celtic and according to the Athletic, Albion have identified Norway international Ajer as another option for the summer window with 'discussions' having been held."

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like WBA still haven't bid for Kipre yet and would he even play regular there. Surely he would want to play regular and its seems like Shane Duffy is their 1st target and with Dunk, White, Burn and Webster all ahead of him at Brighton that Duffy will move on. 

Also was the WBA link leaked so thats Rovers would agree to Kipre's wage demands quickly to secure the deal? Which wouldn't surprise me

I have no idea on Kipre's ability as he only seen him against us. But 900k fee does seem a good deal judging by comments on here and other social sites. 

No idea who the second defender is we are chasing. 

Taking my allegiances to Rovers out of the equation, if West Brom do put in a bid in for him then for Premier League football and a bigger wage, its a no brainer.

There is no reason that he cant nail down a place at West Brom either. I am not convinced that any of Bartley, Ajayi and Hegazi are better than him necessarily

The game now is getting the balance right between holding in, because Kipre would be a very good signing for the fee we would be paying, and I dont think we could find anyone else as good, but not waiting too long so that alternatives become unobtainable too.

• Moderation Lead

The WBA thing is quite obviously his agent trying to get more cash for his client.

Quite why anyone is still listening to Alan Nixon, is beyond me. Remember the loosely agreed rule that we mentioned earlier....

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

?

I'd be made up signing Kipre in our position, in West Broms though? Probably not so much if I'm honest, they really need to aim a bit higher.

Yes that was my thought too. From a wba point of view seems a strange signing. You've £100m in the bank from getting promoted and you just limped over the line with one one of the lowest auto promoted points tally in the last 30 years, one would think you'd need to strengthen significantly. And then turn around and buy a mid table champ centre back for £800k or whatever the 6 figure is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The WBA thing is quite obviously his agent trying to get more cash for his client.

Quite why anyone is still listening to Alan Nixon, is beyond me. Remember the loosely agreed rule that we mentioned earlier....

There is interest from WBA.

No bid from them yet.

Expect progress tomorrow.

Still being told Leeds are hovering.

Only team to put in a formal bid is Rovers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Yes that was my thought too. From a wba point of view seems a strange signing. You've £100m in the bank from getting promoted and you just limped over the line with one one of the lowest auto promoted points tally in the last 30 years, one would think you'd need to strengthen significantly. And then turn around and buy a mid table champ centre back for £800k or whatever the 6 figure is.

The weirdest part of it would be that their interest seems to have only solidified after we uncovered that we could get him at under a million. As if 1.5 mill was too rich for their blood! I suppose another way you could look at that is they were tracking him, considering him as a squad option, but hearing we were close triggered them into action.

• Like 1

His brother plays for Skem, so maybe he wants to stay in the North West to be close to family.

I'd still expect however as a professional footballer, you'd want to take an opportunity in the PL if the opportunity arises. So if its a straight race between us and WBA, i don't think we have a prayer. 

9 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

There is interest from WBA.

No bid from them yet.

Expect progress tomorrow.

Still being told Leeds are hovering.

Only team to put in a formal bid is Rovers.

There's (rightly) a lot of stick towards the senior leadership as to our usual speed in the transfer market. 

I'm actually rather impressed at how we've moved very swiftly onto the next target, once we got an experienced keeper through the door. 

Long may this trend continue. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The weirdest part of it would be that their interest seems to have only solidified after we uncovered that we could get him at under a million. As if 1.5 mill was too rich for their blood! I suppose another way you could look at that is they were tracking him, considering him as a squad option, but hearing we were close triggered them into action.

As I said earlier, it's absolutely a holding bid while they pursuit other interests. 

They probably think he would be a decent squad player for them (with perhaps the potential to be something more) - and at that price if he's not then it's no skin off their nose. 

• Like 1