BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't someone say at one point that former head of commercial Paul Fielder's "plan" was to allow the Riverside to fall into disrepair  in the hope that it would be condemned and  that the Council would offer a grant towards replacement?

With people like him and Waggott running the Club what hope have we got? I don't know where we find them  

Would be no surprise to me if correct - said for years that Ewood is a nous free zone.  The calibre of club employee from top to bottom has, IMO, been dumbed down alarmingly over the years and the results are plain to see.

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He lives in Kent, Sevenoaks I think. He rents a house locally.

This is operational bollocks.

If it was anything to do with me, it would be a basic requirement that all key employees lived permanently within a one hour commute of Ewood Park and if it was not acceptable to that individual then tough and you move on.  Over the years, I've done my share of travel and living out of hotels, short term rentals etc whilst working on assignments etc and it's feckin hard work even in the short term but to do it for years (Mowbray, Waggott etc), in my experience, it's bound to impact adversely on job effectiveness.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

If it was anything to do with me, it would be a basic requirement that all key employees lived permanently within a one hour commute of Ewood Park and if it was not acceptable to that individual then tough and you move on.  Over the years, I've done my share of travel and living out of hotels, short term rentals etc whilst working on assignments etc and it's feckin hard work even in the short term but to do it for years (Mowbray, Waggott etc), in my experience, it's bound to impact adversely on job effectiveness.   

Good job it isn't then

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mercer said:

Would be no surprise to me if correct - said for years that Ewood is a nous free zone.  The calibre of club employee from top to bottom has, IMO, been dumbed down alarmingly over the years and the results are plain to see.

This is operational bollocks.

Well he's completely ineffective anyway. More infective really.

• 2 weeks later...

How can pash the rash and maggot let Ewood get into such disarray.  

N01 steps have been cracking for a few seasons now . The maggrash fix ...fucking duct tape on the steps . 

Surely H&S can't let this happen.

GET THE VERMIN OFF OUR CARCASS

Edited by ABBEY

The stadium is a physical manifestation of the club, of its values. If Rovers were the religion, then Ewood is the temple. 

The kit is the vestements.

Quite where that puts waggott and the venkys in this analogy, I'm unclear. The holy vestments have been defaced with the blasphemy of vape, the temple is falling into ruin and suffering the desecration of the ducting of the tape, and our best priests cast into exile to appease the Gods of Rupee. 

I assume their corporeal appointees are not made in their image. What sort of male God let's his tits fall out of his shirt? 

These are false idols and I suggest an exorcism. Or perhaps an enema

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Had a quick look at bbe n01 yesterday. 

Shelves with huge chunks out , ceiling full of holes , generally filthy , steps to seats chunks of metal sticking out of rotten concrete, girders at the roof look desperate. 

What a shit hole maggot  and pasha  are overseeing .

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

Had a quick look at bbe n01 yesterday. 

Shelves with huge chunks out , ceiling full of holes , generally filthy , steps to seats chunks of metal sticking out of rotten concrete, girders at the roof look desperate. 

What a shit hole maggot  and pasha  are overseeing .

And Waggott has the brass neck to keep spouting how committed the owners are and how they never fail to sign a cheque. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Asking fans to ‘send him pictures’ of the shit tip that is Ewood - how about you or your staff get off your arses and have a look yourselves.

Probably difficult if he's spending all week down in Kent and only turns up at Ewood for the matchday prawn sandwiches. 

One thing I did notice yesterday - the concrete steps up to N05 at the far left hand end (Riverside) of the concourse have been re-done. Fresh concrete & steel nosings. Not before time as they were getting quite dangerous, literally crumbling under foot.

It's a start I suppose, only another million jobs to go!

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Probably difficult if he's spending all week down in Kent and only turns up at Ewood for the matchday prawn sandwiches. 

he has a house in the local area and goes for walks in the Ribble Valley area

16 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Why do you defend this far tosser?

yet again, nowhere have I defend him. I am the one of us who has commented on season tickets and match day prices need to be much lower, better commercial operation need from us, Sponsorship around Ewood Park none existent, better shirt sponsor, catering at Ewood Park. 

so you are wrong again

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Asking fans to ‘send him pictures’ of the shit tip that is Ewood - how about you or your staff get off your arses and have a look yourselves.

Found this astonishing.

I was stood near to the big screen outside the B'burn end for a bit before the game yesterday and every part of the stadium that I looked at had clear mildew/green shit smeared all over it.

Is The Fat One genuinely making out that he's walked past it on a daily basis and failed to see it?

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 15:58, ABBEY said:

Why do you defend this fat tosser?

Maybe he is subtly suggesting a hit?

Chaddy you psycho, what days does he take this walk? Is he alone? Does he always walk the same route?... Well if you think it's best.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 3

On 28/04/2024 at 15:17, chaddyrovers said:

he has a house in the local area and goes for walks in the Ribble Valley area

Agreed Chaddy, it's the only answer. I have my harpoon gun attached to a shopping trolly I await the (incredibly) white whale.

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.!!.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry going on a bit of a tangent here! But why is the music at ewood always so shit and naff!!? The sound system itself is awful and just deafeningly loud for no reason(particularly in the riverside anyway) 

I was also just going down a youtube hole and came across 2 unlimiteds 'No Limits' which i hadn't heard for yonks. That should absolutely be OUR song! 

When people go on about 90s music now its all oasis, britpop, guitar music, etc.. But tbh that mostly went over the heads of most working class local blackburn teens at the time! Who where still largely just listening to techo dance music(often with god awful mc over the top making it even worst) and thats the music you heard banging out of most nightclubs at the time(back when blackburn had nightlife and packed out  clubs every weekend! ) weirdly if anything i felt like a bit of a weirdo for being big into oasis and the like at the time and hating dance music. 

But now it does make me feel nostalgic to hear that old dance music and I think it really represents real blackburn... So anyway, I was just thinking that 'No Limits' was a great anthem of that time and I'm sure Too Unlimited played some of the clubs in Blackburn 

So Ewood lackeys! If your going to play something ridiculously loud it may aswell be a massive tune like this that will get everyone (apart from the usual flask brigade) on their toes and its an easy song to belt out

https://youtu.be/jcewZ5Sk8_M?si=zOCQXD5n7_KqeM5E

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You think that naff tune blazing out of the shit sound system is going to get folk going?

Aye, oreight 😅

Don't let your flask get cold love. 

Yes it is naff, but in a good way. Unlike the unoriginal dullard crap that usually get played. Not a single original idea in any of the match day, media or creative teams at ewood. 

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

" NO,NO LIMITS TO HOW FAR YOU CAN FALL,NO VALLEY TOO DEEP, NON LEAGUE NOT TOO FAR"

☠️

Yeh right now its irrelevant, we may as well just play the undertakers bells from wwf and be done with it for this season. Im thinking more in the future when there's hopefully a smidge of optimism back in the air

It’s over 30 year old, and it was even naff back then, so if anyone is the Grandad wanting that cheese played, it’s you!

I’d take it up with @Miller11 , as I’m sure he now has an input into the music they play.