BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray isn’t up to it but, I agree, you have to blame Lenihan for us dropping 5 points in the last two games. Williams should be nowhere near this side. Even Mowbray admitted he had barely played this season.

This is the difference between real promotion candidates and pretenders. We drop important points at important times.

Fine margins.

Lenihan wasn't the reason we left a clearly shattered Johnson out there for 90 minutes and took off our 6'3" striker moments before resorting to long diagonal balls into the box. 

This loss is on Mowbray tonight. 

Any one complaining about Armstrong being greedy baffles me. That's just who he is as a player. He'll score a lot of goals in a side that creates for him, but he'll very, very rarely return the favour. That's what you get for £1m. 

• Like 1

22 shots

7 on target

60% possession

Once out of my chair for Ayala's header wide from the corner

Did Bentley make any save of note.

Some games it is hard to find a cow with a banjo and this was one of them. The way we play requires full backs with more pace and presence than Douglas has. And the subs made little sense.

Norwich becomes must win. 

• Like 1

Any danger from them came down our left. I am concerned that Douglas is out of position too often. Concentrate on staying goal side of your player please as we have enough quality going forward. 

• Like 1

I thought we looked vulnerable at the back all night and we just seemed determined to score from 25 yards. We were always going to concede and as it turned out, most likely through some poor defending rather than good play from them.

Our centre backs being constantly injured and switched around can't be helping much.

Williams been out for a while and it showed.

I thought it was a pretty poor show from Holtby and Johnson, neither really got into the game, although Johnson still able to win a few free kicks and get a couple of challenges in.

Edited by davulsukur

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Never mind top 6, have we beat a top half side this season?

Dreadfully disappointing.

Couldn't see City scoring.  Sloppy defending!

Douglas the most overrated left back in our history!

Douglas was decent 1st half when going forward and we had more of the ball In promising positions .

we’ve been beaten again when top 6 beckoned , by a nothing team really .

We played some decent stuff and I’d have been a bit disappointed with a draw tbh. Not sure subs gave us anything either .
But I can’t help thinking a more demanding ruthless manager would get far more out of this group of players . 
we are half decent but no more or less than many others and we will need to discover a killer instinct if we have designs on top 6 .

But let’s not forget that top 6 isn’t the prize - it’s a ticket to the lottery that we also then have to win .

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Any danger from them came down our left. I am concerned that Douglas is out of position too often. Concentrate on staying goal side of your player please as we have enough quality going forward. 

Bell is the same, almost as if there's a problem with the way that side is set up.

Or they could just be terrible defenders.

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

We had 22 shots on goal and 60% possession and 8 corners. Still no goals.

Hardly an endemic problem. We’re top scorers.

Always gonna be tough away at Bristol after the shift we put in in London.

It happens. No real concerns. Onto the next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Is Lenihan back on saturday?

I personally don't think Darragh would have made a hapeth of difference tonight. The damage was done with the cross and the finish was just one of those swivels, hit and hope that sometimes come off.

I thought Williams and Ayala did ok in the centre but we were suspect down either flank.

Just now, neophox said:

Is Derrick our answer at left back ahead of Bell and Douglas? Can't..

I’d be up for that. Apart from the fact it further thins out CB pool and you know we’re due another injury after A FULL GAME without one.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, neophox said:

Is Derrick our answer at left back ahead of Bell and Douglas? Can't..

I think Williams himself has said he doesn't want to play at left back anymore. In theory Mowbray could order him to play there, but he won't. I don't think Williams is much if any better at LB than Douglas or Bell anyway. 

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’d be up for that. Apart from the fact it further thins out CB pool and you know we’re due another injury after A FULL GAME without one.

Why? Williams was useless at left back but has become a solid centre back option, we know Williams at left back doesn’t work so it would be a waste of time trying that again. I just hope with a few more games under his belt that Douglas gets going for us, tonight wasn’t one of his better nights but I’ve seen enough from him so far to think he will do a job for us this season.