BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Community use? Since when was the purpose of our training ground to provide a facility for the community to use?

With the demands of a professional football club, academy, full time staff, rehab there simply isn't the space or time for locals to use the facilities

Nor do we want them there.

BwD has perfectly adequate sports facilities as it is. If the community want more they can pester the council for it.

Not Rovers job to provide facilities for people in Blackburn to use.

I'm from Hyndburn. Would I be able to use these facilities? Accy Stanley have recently erected steel fencing to prevent locals using their training pitch so why would we be any different?

Why should Joe Bloggs who supports United and does nothing for Rovers but lives in BWD get any benefit from our facilities?

Do folk from Salford get to go and use Carrington for a kick about?

Plus Category one Academy regulations require the facilities to be available for the youngsters exclusive use.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ewould Spark said:

The club is in a far better place than when I started following them … when paying the milkman was famously a problem. I think we are probably slightly over performing for a club of our resources … but  as always, they continue to bring joy and frustration into my life in equal measures … and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

The club years ago was run by local businessmen who were Rovers fans to the core and had nothing but the interests of the club at heart. Can you say the same about the present owners?

Clubs with fewer "resources" than ours such as Burnley and Watford are doing very well. In terms of size and stature we were on a par with the likes of Southampton before Venky's turned up. That is what they threw away

If you came on here with the sole intention of antagonising genuine long suffering fans you are succeeding 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ewould Spark said:

You’ve certainly listed the real bad boys of this story … now remind me who brought Anderson in to find new buyers?

That was a decade ago yet here we are starring down the barrel of yet another gun.

Remind us who still owns the club.

@Ewould Spark Hi mate, just a quick one in regards to the consolidation of the two sites.

Yes it is a good idea when you look at a club like Everton who have 45 acres of land.

When Waggot is looking to consolidate in 12 acres it's obviously not going to work.

The fact he compared the consolidation to the above scenario is an absolute disgrace, he thinks us fans are absolutely stupid. 

• Like 4

Waggott thinks that the supporters were all born yesterday, and that the peasants will just accept whatever excuse/rationale he comes out with.

Sadly that is correct for a large chunk of our support base, who can't see the wool being pulled over their eyes. Fortunately there are a good number of us who can see through it all and can see the likes of him are actually unworthy of this club and are not to be trusted.

• Like 2

On 01/08/2021 at 16:45, Ewould Spark said:

Hi Simon … long time no see! The fact remains that the current set up, spread out over two sites is not ideal. If it could be consolidated on to one site, with all the obvious benefits that brings, why not?

This is basically my thoughts on this.

I understand the worry / lack of confidence in the rationale and current CEO.

I don’t understand the mindset that what we have is already perfect, purely because it’s Jack Walkers investment and still category 1.

Perhaps a more independent enquiry / assessment of these plans / ideas are necessary to avoid the speculation and worry?

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

This is basically my thoughts on this.

I understand the worry / lack of confidence in the rationale and current CEO.

I don’t understand the mindset that what we have is already perfect, purely because it’s Jack Walkers investment and still category 1.

Perhaps a more independent enquiry / assessment of these plans / ideas are necessary to avoid the speculation and worry?

I don't think anyone has said that the setup is perfect. But is it not better to keep what we have got, than to downgrade it ?

• Like 1

‘Two sites’, they are down the road from each other. No different than many a workplace, my own, for example (though WFH now saves the walk for meetings).

Really disingenuous statements from Waggott et al that tries to make out they are in different time zones.

• Like 4

On 02/08/2021 at 04:13, Ewould Spark said:

… hope, pride and local derbies against Chorley and Southport.

Bolton---16000+ attendance at the weekend compared to our 10000+. Does that give you a clue?

Even Preston had 12000+. You're flogging a dying horse mate. Fans have made their mind up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think anyone has said that the setup is perfect. But is it not better to keep what we have got, than to downgrade it ?

I don’t recall it being described as a “downgrade” hence why I mentioned some “independent” view of their plans would be more revealing.

Mark Hughes originally changed the setup (swapped the senior for academy sites https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6218466.feel-burn/ )

My take on the plans - we’ve so many acres of land worth x amount that we aren’t specifically using. We want to upgrade the brick, and by consolidating both sites (much like our first team is essentially “consolidated” by U23s) we could raise enough funds to pay for it.

I think, under different owners / ceo, nobody would’ve batted an eyelid.

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Exactly, anyone who thinks the alternative will be an improvement is delusional. We know what to expect from recent history---the stadium, the pitch, the team, next---the training facilities!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I don’t recall it being described as a “downgrade” hence why I mentioned some “independent” view of their plans would be more revealing.

Mark Hughes originally changed the setup (swapped the senior for academy sites https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6218466.feel-burn/ )

My take on the plans - we’ve so many acres of land worth x amount that we aren’t specifically using. We want to upgrade the brick, and by consolidating both sites (much like our first team is essentially “consolidated” by U23s) we could raise enough funds to pay for it.

If we lose the Cat 1 status, it will not be "Described as a downgrade". It will be a physical downgrade with removal of privilages. 

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Under different owner we are probably still a Premier league side and this penny pinching wouldn't be on the agenda.  

If our jewel in the Crown is the academy why are we screwing it up?

On 02/08/2021 at 04:21, Ewould Spark said:

You’ve certainly listed the real bad boys of this story … now remind me who brought Anderson in to find new buyers?

Once Jack died the Walker Trust got rid as fast as their grubby hands could grab the dosh.

That doesn't provide an excuse for what followed ---so what's your point?

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Under different owner we are probably still a Premier league side and this penny pinching wouldn't be on the agenda.  

If our jewel in the Crown is the academy why are we screwing it up?

You’re assumption that “are we screwing it up” is what I’m trying to explain that I haven’t made.

Just now, JBiz said:

You’re assumption that “are we screwing it up” is what I’m trying to explain that I haven’t made.

There's only one way this is going....how do you half the space and get all the 

6-16s playing

Girls teams

Youth

There has to be downgrade somewhere.....Cat 2 here we come.