BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Believe what you want.

I think Venkys are fed up, cutting everything they can and will sell anyone they can.

12 out 0 in is not the sign of a club astutely dealing with the market. Its the sign of a club desperate to cut costs.

If they were fed up they would give the club up completely not fund it to the tune of £20m pa! As bad as they have been and are they don’t appear to be fed up unless of course you know this for sure😅

36 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Throw enough darts and one is bound to go in eventually.

This signing turned out to be a success overall but I don't think he deserves that much credit given AA was allowed to get into the last year of his contract and the ludicrous sell on clause.

Think I agree on the whole one was bound to come good, and it is more than overshadowed by the huge and costly deals that he has done permanently and on loan that have caused so much damage to the club. Walton alone or the first two years of Bereton would have gotten some managers the boot. 

Disagree the sell on clause in itself is a bad move for Rovers. Combined with the last year of his contract it is very damaging but in isolation the reduced transfer fee to buy him should have more than been made up in the sale. Letting your star asset run down his contract though - criminal. 

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Only" Elliott, THB and Armstrong may not sound much numerically but when  AA and RE are contributing the vast majority of your goals and no-one else is stepping up, it's a catastrophic loss.

Agree it's a huge number of goals to lose and even if we had just lost those two they would have taken a lot of replacing. Not sure any one or two other players will give us that amount of goals. 

That said I fear that the loss of the other players will be felt even if they weren't that good. As we learn repeatedly under Venkys something is better than nothing and we often see leaving without replacing. Yes most of the rest who have left were dross and lower end championship players at best (ok some were top end league 1 players) but without them being replaced we are reliant on youngsters coming in at that level. That's a big ask and many won't be/will need a few years toughening up in lower leagues. It puts enormous pressure on our young players, some of whom will be ruined due to being thrown in too soon. And somehow despite their loss, if not adequately replaced we are in a worse position. 

16 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Harvey Elliott - Loan

Lewis Holtby - free

Elliott Bennett - free

Charlie Mulgrew - free

Barry Douglas - loan 

Branthwaite - loan

Harwood Bellis - loan 

Amari Bell - Free

Corry Evans - free

Tom Trybull - Loan

Stewart Downing - free

Adam Armstrong 15m?

Thats the 12 out (0 in, unless you count Harry Pickering, who is a new signing but why count that when we’re grasping for short straws)

Ive underlined the one I think we’d miss that we haven’t replaced already by someone moving up in the squad or u23s on fringes.

Equally I’m astute enough to remember Theres weeks to go in the transfer window so might be worth waiting before I decide just how upset I am, about Bennett, Evans, Mulgrew and Stewart Downing being released!

Its not like we normally deal with the youngsters not in the frame at premier league clubs until after the PL starts is it… oh wait… it is!

When you go from '12 out 0 in' faux outrage to seeing many of those names in black and white any residual anger I have rapidly dribbles away...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, USA Rover said:

Our wage spend was 189% of our REVENUE last year.  The wage bill had to come down.  If we don't sign anyone now, with 12 players off the books and $10M for Armstrong (assuming Newcastle will get $5M), fans will have the right to be very upset.  Let's see what happens over the next few days.  There should be several incoming signings.

Not even last year as such, that was the period with 3 months of covid. I expect the full covid season figures to be massively higher, 400% perhaps?

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Reports that Rovers and S'ton have agreed a deal for Obafemi

They have, was no coincidence mowbray was talking about him yesterday , fee was always agreed, 

sticking point is that it’s going to be a hard sell for obafemi, other teams higher up the food chain are interested ie bloody West Brom again

its far from easy on this one , I’d be happy if we got it over the line however 

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They have, was no coincidence mowbray was talking about him yesterday , fee was always agreed, 

sticking point is that it’s going to be a hard sell for obafemi, other teams higher up the food chain are interested ie bloody West Brom again

its far from easy on this one , I’d be happy if we got it over the line however 

Other teams  in for him ?That can't be true didn't you know he has a terrible attitude

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Anyone would think it was Rovers who put the clause in ffs it was nufc and the reason why the transfer fee was so low in comparison it works for both parties

Newcastle's end of the deal should have been covered by the add ons.

NUFC didn't half have our pants down on the deal and hopefully the owners will ensure that won't happen again or even better ensure that Waggott and Mowbray aren't in situ to strike any more poor agreements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.the42.ie/obafemi-not-100-as-professional-as-i-could-be-4959468-Jan2020/

In an interview with The Daily Mail, the 19-year-old insisted that he enjoys “a good relationship” with Hasenhüttl, whose side are currently on a five-match unbeaten run.

Obafemi, whose progress has been hindered by a couple of recent hamstring injuries, is now stretching more often. He’s also addressing his diet, with the club encouraging him to increase his intake of vegetables.

“I know I’m not 100% as professional as I could be,” he said. “I’m still young, I still need to learn certain stuff.”

Was there also an issue with him being put out having been put back in the Under 21s for Ireland after a senior call up?

My personal opinion is that the deal is a mixture of pros and cons. Totally unknown whether he could score goals at senior level on a regular basis, and has had muscular injuries which is a worry. Attitude less of a worry personally especially as he seems to have learnt from it. Would ideally prefer someone with some sort of track record for scoring goals but I like what I saw from the few times that I have seen him for Southampton and like the attributes that he could give especially from a pressing point of view.

I have no idea how the thread has descended how it has to be honest to the point that I am now deemed to be a "mood hoover" especially over a player that I am in the middle over but there you go. I think a lot of the reservations are fair although there are always going to be one or two who take it to extremes on either side which seems to have caused a lot of provocation.

I struggle to think of us signing a better option with the current scouting set up at the club. That's the reality for me.. 

Let's just say Yates at Blackpool, you're probably not getting him for less than £5 million. Is he a better option? 

I don't know what the obsession is with some here to run players into the ground having them never seen them play. Its absurd. I think it links in with being ITK and claiming stuff will happen. In this situation if the signing doesn't work out, they will come on pontificating that they were in the know about the player(even though many of them never even saw him play) Clairvoyants basically 🤣 It's just a waste of everyone's time to read that tripe and drivel. Obviously I'm not referring to you. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kids and adults are very different don't know what youre on about again.  I don't advise kids on their contracts 🤣🤣🤣

I agree, he's either a crock or it won't happen,  that's my view. 

Well some signings don't work out, that happens. Don't really get the crock stuff for a 21 year old, comes accross as snide and excessive. I just hope you and some others who never saw him play come out and put your hands up if he does do well. I'm sure we will hear all about it if he doesn't! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Reports that Rovers and S'ton have agreed a deal for Obafemi

strange fellow is our tony,pays 12 million quid for two centre forwards and plays them on the flanks,puts midgets in the middle and then signs another centre forward,poor obafemi will turn up for training and get told he`s playing in midfield🙂

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well some signings don't work out, that happens. Don't really get the crock stuff for a 21 year old, comes accross as snide and excessive. I just hope you and some others who never saw him play come out and put your hands up if he does do well. I'm sure we will hear all about it if he doesn't! 

Is it true he’s really called O’bafemi Big Dog ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's s gas. They basically think we should get players for free and charge premium rate for ours. Anything outside of that means "we got our pants pulled down" 

I'd say some of these turkeys have never negotiated a deal involving a dime in their lives. That's what's so hillarious. 

Let's face it we got a great deal. If I was a prem team selling a player I'd negotiate a sell on or buy back in every deal

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Let's face it we got a great deal. If I was a prem team selling a player I'd negotiate a sell on or buy back in every deal

Yeah but 20% is the standard and more than enough.

I don't buy we got him cheap.You are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I didn't see other teams bidding bigger money.Besides his last spell in the division with Bolton didn't work out for him and he was decent in league one with us but nothing amazing.

We developed him ,we ironed out a lot of mistakes.I think we have done well to get as much as we have due to him having only a year left on his contract but we could and should be looking at more profit

Edited by islander200

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but 20% is the standard and more than enough.

I don't buy we got him cheap.You are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I didn't see other teams bidding bigger money.Besides his last spell in the division with Bolton didn't work out for him and he was decent in league one with us but nothing amazing.

We developed him ,we ironed out a lot of mistakes.I think we have done well to get as much as we have due to him having only a year left on his contract but we could and should be looking at more profit

If obefemi signs we have his replacement and genuinely another player we can polish up and turn a profit on and would be very shrewd business tbh.

And would see it that in reality we have knocked Newcastles sell on down quite considerably 

Edited by Beanie01289

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

On a professional note the young lad Obefemi will have done his own homework and will no doubt have friends throughout football some of whom will be linked to Rovers current squad, he will also in all likelihood speak to Armstrong and get his views on the club.

He will also note that we are good for young players, you only have to look at the last two or three seasons with the players we have loaned.

If he comes and bags a load of goals then he is right bang in the shop window.

He will have spent time with Lenihan and Williams in the Irish camp so will have great insight and a familiar face should he be interested in coming to Rovers.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I just can't see him coming here to be honest.

I think he might hold off and see who else is interested before jumping out on loan somewhere near deadline day.

For it to be even a runner he most have shown some interest in coming. Wouldn't have got off the ground if it was a flat no which would be evident very quickly.

• Like 1

I've not kept up with the Arma deal so am a little confused. 

Are we thinking that Arma has gone to Saints for £15million and that deal is officially one on its own. But we've been a little sly by Southampton agreeing to sell us Obafemi for cheaper than their true valuation in a completely separate deal to prevent us paying as much to Newcastle?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

When you go from '12 out 0 in' faux outrage to seeing many of those names in black and white any residual anger I have rapidly dribbles away...

Especially when..

Harvey Elliott - Loan - as of yet (level I replaced) however Sam Gallagher, Brereton and Dolan first team experienced then Chapman, Butterworth, JRC potential for his role

Lewis Holtby - free - Rothwell already established, replaced by buckley, Davenport, Garrett steps up 

Elliott Bennett - free - was a backup for Nyambe or wings - yet to replace his experience / impact in dressing room alone

Charlie Mulgrew - free - left months ago, loaned out twice

Barry Douglas - loan - Pickering replaces, Cirino backup

Branthwaite - loan - Magliore / Carter back from loans

Harwood Bellis - loan - Ayala fit, Magliore / Carter back from loan

Amari Bell - Free - Pickering replaces, cirino backs up

Corry Evans - free - Davenport steps up to his role, Garrett backs it up.

Tom Trybull - Loan - Same as Evans, Davenport steps up, Garrett backs up, as of yet possibly need one more to replace this area

Stewart Downing - free - backup so no need to replace

Adam Armstrong 15m? - Obafemi? Already have two “centreforwards” who play out wide and are established - much like when Arma started and Danny Graham was the central player.

So - would you say our priority should obafemi and Redrah sign - a centre midfielder?