BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Just about every link to a player always has a Middlesbrough interest.  That can't be pure coincidence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

The biggest indictment there could possibly be about Mowbray's five-year tenure at the club is that there even exists a "Kean v Mowbray" debate to be had! 

That truly says it all!!!!!!!!

Kean was terrible.

Mowbray MUST be truly SHIT to be anywhere near his name EVER!

Get TM out Venky's for the love of God. Just pay him off, he wants it as bad as any fan!!! 

To be honest, as bad as last season was and as much as I think Mowbray should have gone, I don't think there is a debate to be had. 

That might change if it turns out there was something underhand in his role in the potential training ground sell-off, but without knowing much more on that front and judging them for what we can see on & off the pitch, Kean is lightyears worse than anything else we have had, including Coyle.

12 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

The biggest indictment there could possibly be about Mowbray's five-year tenure at the club is that there even exists a "Kean v Mowbray" debate to be had! 

That truly says it all!!!!!!!!

Kean was terrible.

Mowbray MUST be truly SHIT to be anywhere near his name EVER!

Get TM out Venky's for the love of God. Just pay him off, he wants it as bad as any fan!!! 

It was the 17 game run last season that has tainted him in a big way. It's still hyperbole to compare him to Kean, let alone say he is worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It was the 17 game run last season that has tainted him in a big way. It's still hyperbole to compare him to Kean, let alone say he is worse. 

And his comments in the press which were getting very close to "dew on the grass", and blaming everyone but himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just about every link to a player always has a Middlesbrough interest.  That can't be pure coincidence.

Hello old chap, how the devil are you?  You should sign for us here at Rovers wink wink, we'll pay you well and we only want 20% of your income wink wink, backhanders, nothing dodgy here old fella.  Us Middlesbrough boys gotta look after each other. wink wink, you scratch my back and all that!  No no I'm not using my old connections to make money on the side outta the club, I'm an honest bloke, you can trust me wink wink, nudge, nudge.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Id suggest that Nyambe, Lenihan and Brereton have. Travis, Dack and Armstrong would be others.

I'm not arguing Dack and Armstrong.  How have Brereton, Nyambe and Lennihan improved under Mowbray? Nyambe and Lennihan were around the first team when he came.  They've had plenty of game time but have they fulfilled the talent that got them in the first team at a young age? Travis started brightly when he arrived in the first team - following Damien Johnson's input.  Again, has he improved since making his breakthrough?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Lenihan has stagnated, though perhaps second tier clogger is simply his level.

Travis has certainly not improved over the past 18 months, though he has a few injury problems, big season for him.

The weird thing with Mowbray is it's the defensive players that don't seem to improve.  Crazy considering what a good centreback he was back in the day.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Statistically speaking it must be very unlikely as a coincidence. After all how many clubs are there, or even narrowing it down a bit now many teams have played in the championship over the last 5 years? Even at the most basic fag packet maths assuming each player has played for 3 of the 23 other championship clubs previously, the odds would not be that so many would have a Boro connection. 

What tips the odds even further is it's hardly as of Boro are a centre of excellence for young talent and are thereby developing more youngsters. Nor have they been successful recently needing a turnover of players at a new level. All in all it is a very unlikely situation. 

This frustrates me. Butterworth and Carter could 100% play an important role for us this season. Carter has already proven himself in league one while Butterworth has shown his ability in the limited appearances he’s had. TM is so scared to trust our academy players.

45F2C153-65B1-4B9D-8969-387C71053C0B.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

This frustrates me. Butterworth and Carter could 100% play an important role for us this season. Carter has already proven himself in league one while Butterworth has shown his ability in the limited appearances he’s had. TM is so scared to trust our academy players.

I've got no issue with those three going out on loan. There's a lot to be said for the loan spells that Wharton had. A bit of time for them to develop physically as well.

It would be an issue for me if we're just bringing in young lads on loan to replace them, that aren't an obvious step or two above them. Adarabioyo & Harwood-Bellis were much better options from other clubs for example.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TruRover said:

They could fill in but will the odd match or few minutes here and there be more beneficial in the longer term or would they be  better off dropping down for a season and playing regular games like Carter did last season?

I would keep Butterworth but can see why he would be loaned out if a permanent attacking player is brought in 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I disagree. I think all three could do with a loan.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They could fill in but will the odd match or few minutes here and there be more beneficial in the longer term or would they be  better off dropping down for a season and playing regular games like Carter did last season?

I would keep Butterworth but can see why he would be loaned out if a permanent attacking player is brought in 

Carter and Magloire aren’t ready physically to play every week. Wharton proved our model on how this works. Butterworth also needs a full season playing imo and would benefit from a loan if we can replace him.

All Mowbray hating aside, the suggestion from @TruRover that he doesn’t give youth a chance is quite frankly ludicrous. We’ll have around 10 youth team graduates in our match day squad every game this season and Mowbray has given the vast majority their debuts. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

That's how money gets flushed through the tubes though the loans of Tosin and THB and Branthwaite with have cost significant money.  Of course it could be argued we needed them badly as our kids were nowhere near ready. Although again arguable Wharton could have filled in.

Iv'e no issues with loaning them out for a season i think it's good grounding. However this season it is a bit different and they could be used, some are ready to have a go at least.

In reality he's just making room to loan lads in but is it counter productive this season seeing as we are in a big transition to youth ?  Also we don't have the spare money and i for one don't want to see him spending the Armstrong deposit on 500k loan fees for 3 or 4 players.

Once that money is gone it's gone and it's beyond pathetic that neither he or anyone there seems capable of turning up a decent cheap or free transfer prospect. One we can actually sign and might become our asset.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Still nowhere near Kean

Not saying they were but that's why the comparisons were drawn. I must admit for me he went from being a bit of a dolloper to a bit of a tosser when he was coming out with all that tosh.

28 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Definitely. Carter 100% deserves to be kept around. What? We bring in some new young lad and have him as back up to Lenihan and Ayala. He will be playing sooner rather than later. Wrong call. 

Butterworth I would keep too.

Im not sure Magloire has the ball playing in him to ever make it to be honest. I'd almost let him off at this stage 

I would actually like 2-3 quality players be brought in on loan or as free agents and keep the young lads like Butterworth and Carter. 

Not sounding good on the Obafemi front. No reason that deal isn't done by now unless there are issues that can't be fixed. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

31 minutes ago, TruRover said:

just keep them a season and they can have a season or two in league one with us

Edited by had.e.nuff
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I disagree. I think all three could do with a loan.

Carter and Magloire aren’t ready physically to play every week. Wharton proved our model on how this works. Butterworth also needs a full season playing imo and would benefit from a loan if we can replace him.

All Mowbray hating aside, the suggestion from @TruRover that he doesn’t give youth a chance is quite frankly ludicrous. We’ll have around 10 youth team graduates in our match day squad every game this season and Mowbray has given the vast majority their debuts. 

I don’t disagree that he gives youth a chance. I just think sometimes he shows a reluctance to take a chance on them and trust in their ability. For example travis I felt was a player who could of helped us in league one, yet he hardly played until halfway through the following championship season. Chapman is another example, again in the league one season he was impacting games and exciting fans from the bench but he never got a start. Players like Buckley, Carter and even Wharton haven’t been trusted as much as they could have been.

My main point about being frustrated with TM loaning out our young academy players stems from the fact they will just be replaced by young prem loans. Why give them the chance in out first team and not our own?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Definitely. Carter 100% deserves to be kept around. What? We bring in some new young lad and have him as back up to Lenihan and Ayala. He will be playing sooner rather than later. Wrong call. 

Butterworth I would keep too.

Im not sure Magloire has the ball playing in him to ever make it to be honest. I'd almost let him off at this stage 

I would actually like 2-3 quality players be brought in on loan or as free agents and keep the young lads like Butterworth and Carter. 

Not sounding good on the Obafemi front. No reason that deal isn't done by now unless there are issues that can't be fixed. 

100% this is my point. 

Trust our academy players > trust other teams academy players.

Furthermore as a rovers fan I would much rather watch a team filled with our own young players rather than another teams. Importantly it saves us money. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

100% this is my point. 

Trust our academy players > trust other teams academy players.

Furthermore as a rovers fan I would much rather watch a team filled with our own young players rather than another teams. Importantly it saves us money. 

Totally. I think we would do better too , even if the 5/6 loans were all as good as Elliott.