BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Definitely. Carter 100% deserves to be kept around. What? We bring in some new young lad and have him as back up to Lenihan and Ayala. He will be playing sooner rather than later. Wrong call. 

Butterworth I would keep too.

Im not sure Magloire has the ball playing in him to ever make it to be honest. I'd almost let him off at this stage 

I would actually like 2-3 quality players be brought in on loan or as free agents and keep the young lads like Butterworth and Carter. 

Not sounding good on the Obafemi front. No reason that deal isn't done by now unless there are issues that can't be fixed. 

Obafemi has other options,it's a wait and see job ,from his perspective he doesn't have to rush a decision

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Obafemi has other options,it's a wait and see job ,from his perspective he doesn't have to rush a decision

If Mowbray wants to send a signal to Obafemi that he's wanted here, there should be at least a dozen missed calls from Tony to him or his agent. Not looking likely, might just go to the highest bidder.

Remember how Ferguson hijacked the Keane deal...

• Like 1

Why doesn't the old boring twit just bugger off and take his friends with him? Then I might follow the fixture list. Didn't realise till I went on here for the first time this week that we lost at home to the mighty Morecambe. Shame on the club

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If Mowbray wants to send a signal to Obafemi that he's wanted here, there should be at least a dozen missed calls from Tony to him or his agent. Not looking likely, might just go to the highest bidder.

Wouldn't be Tony's style I reckon. Would see it as beneath him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We have made an offer if someone else 

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You say Obi has other options ? I would imagine Southampton themselves have a huge say on where he goes after all they may prevent him going elsewhere if  he was promised to Rovers!

The final decision rests with the player.Southampton can't force him to go anywhere.He is out of contract after this season 

56 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Totally. I think we would do better too , even if the 5/6 loans were all as good as Elliott. 

We have lost 11 players, with the way we pick up injuries we need the majority of those replacing wether that be from our own academy, permanent signings or loans.

It's pie in the sky stuff to believe that they all can be replaced from the academy.Some will be ready, others won't and some never will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's how money gets flushed through the tubes though the loans of Tosin and THB and Branthwaite with have cost significant money.  Of course it could be argued we needed them badly as our kids were nowhere near ready. Although again arguable Wharton could have filled in.

Iv'e no issues with loaning them out for a season i think it's good grounding. However this season it is a bit different and they could be used, some are ready to have a go at least.

In reality he's just making room to loan lads in but is it counter productive this season seeing as we are in a big transition to youth ?  Also we don't have the spare money and i for one don't want to see him spending the Armstrong deposit on 500k loan fees for 3 or 4 players.

Once that money is gone it's gone and it's beyond pathetic that neither he or anyone there seems capable of turning up a decent cheap or free transfer prospect. One we can actually sign and might become our asset.

So our young (how old are they?) are not physically ready, are they not early 20s? What a joke, other sports manage it and yet we cannot, laughable stuff in such a short career. I'm only 21 at the peak of my bodies development and yet I cannot play 90 minutes of football. TMs coaching in all aspects in amateurish, if our Olympians heard this they'd all be pissing themselves.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wouldn't be Tony's style I reckon. Would see it as beneath him. 

Yeah, 'playing for Belgium/Chile is different to playing for us at Rovers'. Bigs us up as having a better operation than national teams and then obligatorily bigs up our next opponents as world beaters... 

53 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You say Obi has other options ? I would imagine Southampton themselves have a huge say on where he goes after all they may prevent him going elsewhere if  he was promised to Rovers!

Don't think they have much of a say tbh. They can nudge him this way as I guess its a better deal for them, but ultimately, the player has the final say. Plus, its not like they've offered him a new contract or anything and are pushing him out, so if I was in his shoes, I might do the opposite of what they want.

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Apples and oranges, or should I say Apple and photocopier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sounding good on the Obafemi front. No reason that deal isn't done by now unless there are issues that can't be fixed. 

If he was ever coming it would have gone through simultaneously with the Armstrong deal surely.

Then again selling Armstrong with a ready made replacement coming the other way sounds a lot less of a blow than selling him with no replacement whatsoever.

Just like having a game called off last season seemed a lot less of an issue when we were promised a brand new pitch just a few days later by Waggott.

And look what happened there

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

So our young (how old are they?) are not physically ready, are they not early 20s? What a joke, other sports manage it and yet we cannot, laughable stuff in such a short career. I'm only 21 at the peak of my bodies development and yet I cannot play 90 minutes of football. TMs coaching in all aspects in amateurish, if our Olympians heard this they'd all be pissing themselves.

That's his philosphy though but to be honest when has he ever been in this position as a manager ?

So much youth to choose from it must be causing him to over think the over thinking even by his standards. Some gaffers in this division would kill to be in his position but he's just as blase as ever. 

If a few go out and a few loans with agreements to play come in they'll get picked first. Job done for him.

On the sending ours on loan debate, Id defo keep Carter around, How many seasons have we been caught due to injuries in defense and regretted sending some in that position out on loan? We had Johnson playing there last season ffs. We getting closer to Xmas, so unless Ayala breaks down again soon, he certainly will in the next few months. Lenihan (though had a fairly injury free season last) is another who in previous seasons picks up injuries. Wharton is not even back yet. Doesn't look good numbers to me, at all. I would hope one of the loans/freebie is a CB tbh. We ain't paying for one, that's for sure lol. 

The rapid CB, think he defo needs work. Could do with a loan.

Butterworth. Can see the argument either way. Looks like a player that could play across the front three rather than solely up front like McBride. We lost AA and yet to find a replacement. So as of now, id keep him here. Guess it all depends ont he loans but if its clear he is not going to get a look in, a good season on loan in L1 or L2 could do him the world of good (provided he finally manages to stay injury free). 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he was ever coming it would have gone through simultaneously with the Armstrong deal surely.

Then again selling Armstrong with a ready made replacement coming the other way sounds a lot less of a blow than selling him with no replacement whatsoever.

Just like having a game called off last season seemed a lot less of an issue when we were promised a brand new pitch just a few days later by Waggott.

And look what happened there

Yeah, it doesn't sound like we forced this on them. It really is just two separate transactions made to initially look like we're getting a player in return.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We have made an offer if someone else 

The final decision rests with the player.Southampton can't force him to go anywhere.He is out of contract after this season 

Actually Islander you are right he can’t be forced to do anything as he is under contract Southampton aren’t obliged to answer queries about him either👏🏻

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's his philosphy though but to be honest when has he ever been in this position as a manager ?

So much youth to choose from it must be causing him to over think the over thinking even by his standards. Some gaffers in this division would kill to be in his position but he's just as blase as ever. 

If a few go out and a few loans with agreements to play come in they'll get picked first. Job done for him.

It's so frustrating as they should be ready at 18/19 physically, we have a decent 11 ala Swansea, they could stay-up and then we don't need to waste our money on loans from other clubs.  But TM is pants and he can only keep us up by bringing in better players and not by making our players better.  If it wasn't Rovers I'd be laughing my balls off, but it is and I'm not.  

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Who's the manager of Chile? We should get him in. Seemed to make Brereton into a world beater.👊

Sorry mate not meaning to have a go at you but the brereton stuff is starting to gripe me, he played in a below average Chile side and scored one goal, folk are getting wayyyyy too carried away, done very little for rovers. Needs to have a big season this year if not it’s time to punt him 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Actually Islander you are right he can’t be forced to do anything as he is under contract Southampton aren’t obliged to answer queries about him either👏🏻

Yeah but they are going too, they don't want the player and are open to offers we have first option not exclusivety.

If he doesn't want to join us Southampton ain't going to keep him out of spite

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry mate not meaning to have a go at you but the brereton stuff is starting to gripe me, he played in a below average Chile side and scored one goal, folk are getting wayyyyy too carried away, done very little for rovers. Needs to have a big season this year if not it’s time to punt him 

He had a decent season last year,some good spells some bad like everyone else.Not sure if you watched the Chile matches but he played well it wasn't just a case of him scoring 1 goal and everyone thinking he is brilliant, he played very well for them especially if you consider he doesn't know the language etc

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Thing is he actually looks fitter, more confident and looks like he can have a good season

• Like 3

Did he say he was hopeful of 2 in by Friday. That's going well I see. One gone back to Brighton 'injured' and the other is still deciding. Think it's time Billy the bullsh*t man moved on from Obefami, he obviously don't want to come, and go to his 5 or 6 other options he claims we have. Lol, more bollocks from his mouth. As others have said use the Armstrong money and bin the lot of them. I'd love Wilder but I'm aware that's 'unrealistic' for some fans, what with us only having billionaire owners. So maybe Davidson or Ainsworth as they may be more affordable. One thing is for sure they'll be more effective than the current incumbent. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He had a decent season last year,some good spells some bad like everyone else.Not sure if you watched the Chile matches but he played well it wasn't just a case of him scoring 1 goal and everyone thinking he is brilliant, he played very well for them especially if you consider he doesn't know the language etc

Didnt Chile crash out early on? In all honesty I’m not arsed what he does with Chile, just want to see more in a rovers shirt, heard he was woeful again Tuesday night