BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This isn't true. Media and commercial income has continued throughout and even increased by way of additional payments from Sky/PL clubs to bridge the gap.

Ticketing revenues collapsed yes but this applies to every club and given the numbers we have turning up is a smaller loss than most have had to cope with. 

Many fans, myself included, have had enough of lies, contempt and bullsh1t from the club. Like promising a price reduction last season then 3 months later hiking prices for all during a pandemic.

The club chose to do that. They have to live with the consequences. 25% less sales it is.

Our commercial income collapsed long before Covid. Dafabet were paying us £3m per season, Recoverite is at £750k. Add to the diabolical season ticket handling and you are probably looking at close to £5m out the door. This season you are probably looking at a total Turnover of £11m, you could even possibly get below £10m if we are not featured on Sky very often.

A good cup run this year was critical really. Getting a Premier League club in for a competitive game had a chance to re-engage with lapsed fans etc.

We should have done everything in our power to get above 12,000 season ticket holders this summer, to make us attractive for commercial sponsorship and TV matches. If it meant 50% discount for a year we should have done it. 

Edited by phili
  • Like 2

With the set up at the club as convoluted as it is, with blurred lines of roles and responsibility, it’s hardly surprising our business is largely shambolic. It’s become a regular occurrence for loans to be talked about the entire summer, yet it seems to take an age to get them over the line. We can’t even sell players quickly, but come deadline day there will be a flurry of activity.

Mowbray mentioned “wage structure” again last week. People seem to automatically assume this is a wage cap, and that Nyambe and Rothwell must be demanding 30k a season. I think in reality, and it’s something that Rich Sharpe has hinted at, is that players are bracketed within a structure, and academy graduates like Nyambe and Raya before him are slower to earn contracts at the level that players who cost a fee might get, regardless of their status in the squad. I think the Brereton negotiations will be easier, as he is our most expensive signing and the structure will give them room to manoeuvre.

Of course this is stupid. Players contracts should largely be based on merit, but with owners who are utterly clueless about football, and who will stubbornly stick to something like this, its no surprise.

Obviously there is an issue regarding reduced revenue, but it’s one Waggott is happy to blame solely on our supporters. Frustratingly a large chunk of the fanbase like to buy into this and join him in the blame game, helping him deflect from the fact that in our last published accounts our commercial revenue for the year was £10 MILLION less than that of Bristol City in the same period. If the useless sod could get something other than the Venky’s logo all over those expensive electronic advertising hoardings, we would be in a whole lot better financial position.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Yawn, care to elaborate on why you think that, he's never displayed bitterness towards the fans has he?  Or to player's?

Bitterness? No, not that I have noticed. Your point that he is actively plotting to sabotage the next manager is bonkers, do you need me to elaborate further? I don't think the majority need elaboration, the comment speaks for itself. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

I'm presuming Mowbray didn't expect to be in a job this summer and the transfer activity does have a look of that.

No I don't think he thought he would be here and I supposed he knows the club spoken to other managers to replace him with

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If none of them is Balaji Rao, then you are wrong, if we are indeed as skint as it seems.

Why blame him? when Mowbray and Waggott job to manage the club and to sign players this summer. as Phili has said they present him a budget each season and he signs it off or not. Plus Venus need to go aswell

Yes he can be blame for not replacing them and thats his and Pasha fault. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The following is on Sky Sports Transfer Tracker. At that price, and at Stanley, you would think he might fit the bill here, perhaps not though.

BRISTOL CITY EYE ‘VARDY-TYPE’ STRIKER

Bristol City are in talks to sign Northern Ireland striker Dion Charles - as boss Nigel Pearson eyes a new ‘Jamie Vardy-type’ for the Robins.

Pearson is said to see similar characteristics in the Accrington forward in terms of his pace and ability to stretch opposition defences with his running. 

And Charles’ similar pathway in the game, coming through Non-League football to become an international, also gives him an edge that Pearson admires. 

Nottingham Forest and Barnsley are also very interested in the 25-year-old who - like Vardy - played for Fleetwood before spells at Fylde, Southport and Halifax. 

He scored 19 goals in League One last season, as he  earned his first cap for Northern Ireland earlier this year, and he has again been called up to Ian Baraclough’s squad for this September’s internationals.

Accrington do not want to lose him but are said to value him in the region of £700,000, as he has entered the final year of his contract at the Wham Stadium.

Been mentioned on here by @Ewood Aceand I don't think would be the worst signing. 

You seen much of him? surely a better bet than someone like Obafemi or PL loan? 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant accept that Mowbray is actively in preference of wanting kids on loan over more experienced players. He has said so many times that he doesnt like loans in general and that he cannot afford anything else this summer. Why does he keep suggesting that he wants experience then?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19519380.blackburn-rovers-transfer-search-set-go-wire/

Tried to get Ben Davies, couldnt get close to his wages. Bemoans lack of experience.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19514336.blackburn-rovers-set-make-first-summer-signing-monday/

“Some of them are really young so here I am talking about looking to bring some experience in but the ones you can get from the clubs we’re loaning from we can’t get anywhere near."

why even go for Ben Davies in the first place when we knew his wages would be too high?

5 minutes ago, phili said:

Our commercial income collapsed long before Covid. Dafabet were paying us £3m per season, Recoverite is at £750k. Add to the diabolical season ticket handling and you are probably looking at close to £5m out the door. This season you are probably looking at a total Turnover of £11m, you could even possibly get below £10m if we are not featured on Sky very often.

A good cup this year was critical really. Getting a Premier League club in for a competitive game had a chance to re-engage with lapsed fans etc.

We should have done everything in out power to get above 12,000 season ticket holders this summer, to make us attractive for commercial sponsorship and TV matches. If it meant 50% discount for a year we should have done it. 

Thats why Season tickets should have been around £230 to 250 pounds this season and cheaper match day ticket with most expensive being 25 pounds for Jack Walker top tier and 15 pounds for Blackburn End. Cheaper fans more fans surely?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We will not be paying the majority of his wages.  I think some of the wage levels quoted for the lad at Leeds earlier in this thread are ridiculously low.  I'll leave you with this thought, we loan a young player from a PL club on a hypothetical £40k pw and we pay him £20k pw, we would not be paying the majority of the player's wages but we wouldn't half be paying some dollar. 

Two weeks ago it was your understanding that Armstrong was sold for 12 leading to 15 which is incorrect also.  Well as there have been no official figures published neither of us can be proven correct or incorrect.  A selling club will always 'spin' in the best possible way.

Thing is, the club tried to source another manager, they couldn’t find a suitable one. This happened behind Waggots back and mowbrays back. Now I don’t want either Mowbray or Waggot at the club, but I also feel for them, it shows venkys as they are. These people who stick up for them, they were mislead etc, it’s rubbish, they knew exactly what they were doing and they do now, you don’t go behind the back of your CEO like they have at a normal football club. If they don’t like him, then get rid!!!!  The club is a Farce from top to bottom. 

Mowbray is a decent human being, but I think he’s fed up with it all, however if that is the case he should resign.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't think he thought he would be here and I supposed he knows the club spoken to other managers to replace him with

Why blame him? when Mowbray and Waggott job to manage the club and to sign players this summer. as Phili has said they present him a budget each season and he signs it off or not. Plus Venus need to go aswell

Yes he can be blame for not replacing them and thats his and Pasha fault. 

Been mentioned on here by @Ewood Aceand I don't think would be the worst signing. 

You seen much of him? surely a better bet than someone like Obafemi or PL loan? 

why even go for Ben Davies in the first place when we knew his wages would be too high?

Thats why Season tickets should have been around £230 to 250 pounds this season and cheaper match day ticket with most expensive being 25 pounds for Jack Walker top tier and 15 pounds for Blackburn End. Cheaper fans more fans surely?

Thing is chaddy, I get the logic, however I don’t think people realise what damage venkys have done, people will not come back even if it’s a tenner a game (unless it’s a special occasion). Many fans have lost interest and they won’t be back, it’s sad, but that’s fact.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Mowbray is a decent human being, but I think he’s fed up with it all, however if that is the case he should resign.

Most managers on discovering that the club was searching around for a successor would resign on the spot. 

Tony wants his payoff though

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bitterness? No, not that I have noticed. Your point that he is actively plotting to sabotage the next manager is bonkers, do you need me to elaborate further? I don't think the majority need elaboration, the comment speaks for itself. 

Never displayed bitterness, I've seen that from him more than once, towards fans and player's and publicly in the press.  blaming fans for XY & Z, Raya, Nyambe, to name but a few.  You have a really idyllic view on it all.  There are plenty of people out there in the world, who would hardly pull up the trees to make the next incumbents job easier.  If you knew you were getting canned next year, would you bust a gut to do the best job you possibly could? How many would.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Most managers on discovering that the club was searching around for a successor would resign on the spot. 

Tony wants his payoff though

I totally agree, I was going to write that at the end of my post but refrained from doing so. It simply is about money now, the problem is, Jim, it’s like a divorce - venkys don’t think they should have to pay him out, and Tony wants what he’s entitled to, the result though, it further damages the best club in Lancashire. 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

Thing is, the club tried to source another manager, they couldn’t find a suitable one. This happened behind Waggots back and mowbrays back. Now I don’t want either Mowbray or Waggot at the club, but I also feel for them, it shows venkys as they are. These people who stick up for them, they were mislead etc, it’s rubbish, they knew exactly what they were doing and they do now, you don’t go behind the back of your CEO like they have at a normal football club. If they don’t like him, then get rid!!!!  The club is a Farce from top to bottom. 

Is this something we know or something that's being rumoured? Because as much as I tend to shy away from casting doubt on people who claim to know things, because I pick up a few tit bits here and there myself, I think it would be wrong to just blindly believe that the Venky's looked at finding a new manager behind the CEO's back.

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

Never displayed bitterness, I've seen that from him more than once, towards fans and player's and publicly in the press.  blaming fans for XY & Z, Raya, Nyambe, to name but a few.  You have a really idyllic view on it all.  There are plenty of people out there in the world, who would hardly pull up the trees to make the next incumbents job easier.  If you knew you were getting canned next year, would you bust a gut to do the best job you possibly could? How many would.  

You're using the wrong word, bitterness? It doesn't make sense. What has he blamed fans for actually out of interest? 

Again, bitterness doesn't make sense in the context of his comments on Raya or Nyambe

You're missing the hugely crucial point that he needs to get another job after leaving here, so doing as good as he can this season is totally in his interest. Hence why talk of sabotage is crazy! 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That's pretty much how I see it. If he isn't getting a new deal then why would he give a toss about what shape we will be in for next season. He doesn't want a relegation on his CV and he could use that to bluff his way into one last payday from another club.

As long as it's not our club, I don't care! His gravy train that is Rovers, simply must grind to a half next summer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AAK said:

He certainly looked very fed up at times last season and at others like he clearly didn't give a toss.

Poor professionalism from a decent human that as is deliberately dragging feet with certain things this season.IF of course that is remotely true. However you are 100% right they shouldn't go behind anyone's back but all this has happened before.

I think last season he was basically saying well sack me and pay me up then which they should have done. They were probably hoping he'd just walk but they've learned nothing if that's the case.

I struggle for sympathy with either set of them but it's the team, club and fans caught in the middle again.  I said years ago when he was in favour it was a very dangerous game giving a manager so much power with no real structure above him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Two issues with your hypotheticals…

1. He signed for Leeds when they were in the championship, having never played a single competitive game- 40k a week??? I’ve seen it listed as 11k and that seems reasonable.

2. A selling club would spin it as higher…hmmm…why would we as are giving 40 per cent of the profits to Newcastle! From media reports it’s going to be close to 20 million for Armstrong.

I know we have lots of incompetent people on the staff but you can use better examples then these two.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Is this something we know or something that's being rumoured? Because as much as I tend to shy away from casting doubt on people who claim to know things, because I pick up a few tit bits here and there myself, I think it would be wrong to just blindly believe that the Venky's looked at finding a new manager behind the CEO's back.

I know it to be true, but i understand if people don’t believe pal.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He certainly looked very fed up at times last season and at others like he clearly didn't give a toss.

Poor professionalism from a decent human that as is deliberately dragging feet with certain things this season.IF of course that is remotely true. However you are 100% right they shouldn't go behind anyone's back but all this has happened before.

I think last season he was basically saying well sack me and pay me up then which they should have done. They were probably hoping he'd just walk but they've learned nothing if that's the case.

I struggle for sympathy with either set of them but it's the team, club and fans caught in the middle again.  I said years ago when he was in favour it was a very dangerous game giving a manager so much power with no real structure above him.

Agree with all points. I have a tiny bit of sympathy just because his employers are venkys (his employers are not BRFC, because that great club would not conduct itself in such manners, never, we are good people at this club).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As long as it's not our club, I don't care! His gravy train that is Rovers, simply must grind to a half next summer.

I sincerely hope so (I would have personally got rid of him a few years ago) but would anybody be surprised if we found out he'd been offered a new deal? Surviving that awful run last season was remarkable and lowering expectations this sense might be enough for our inept owners (ably assisted and advised by Waggott) to offer him a new deal.

Nothing at all surprises me about Rovers after enduring these wretches for a decade.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

Agree with all points. I have a tiny bit of sympathy just because his employers are venkys (his employers are not BRFC, because that great club would not conduct itself in such manners, never, we are good people at this club).

Although I agree it isn't good practice we ain't the only club to have done this.Plenty of clubs sound out and speak with other managers whilst they still have a manager in place.

24 minutes ago, AAK said:

I think Mowbray has been fed up for a while now and probably since the Reading away game in all honest. I am still surprise he is in all honestly as I thought he would walk away after last season. But didn't. 

It would be interesting how Venkys spoke to these managers and who these were? Do you know who they were? 

21 minutes ago, AAK said:

Thing is chaddy, I get the logic, however I don’t think people realise what damage venkys have done, people will not come back even if it’s a tenner a game (unless it’s a special occasion). Many fans have lost interest and they won’t be back, it’s sad, but that’s fact.

I understand that and I have several friends who have walk away from the club due to the football decisions, family or work commitments or just move on to other things. So I do understand but they could have tried a more better recruitment plan for season tickets and try to attract more fans back to the club this season

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There has been no hard cash coming through the club for 18 months. Maybe the fans really do have a part to play in ensuring they support the club and boost the funds

I can support the club…. but I cannot support the current regime….no accountability, no thought of the fan base, no idea in the dug out , no truth . 

I’ve supported many a poor manager in my 50 plus years and I supported them because they were transparent…and they did indeed , their best.

It will remain “ no hard cash “ from me until we regain our identity, our purpose and our pride . I’ve played my part, defended our club but I am currently beaten by “ the 3 “….other issues consume us too , owners etc but until I can believe what comes from the miserable mouth of Mowbray …no .

• Like 4