BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

3 games and 2 of those against 10 men does not a summer make. I'll leave it there, we are not going agree.

Much and I emphasise "much" of the football last season was as bad as I have ever seen.

Okay, we probably won't and that's fine

24 minutes ago, Burrells Boy said:

Whilst appreciating what Mowbray did in turning Rovers round, he should have gone when he gave up on coming from league 1 as champions. He would have gone at that time as a decent manager, but he has tainted his legacy with most of his decisions, I think we all know what they are without repeating them.

Yeah quit after taking the team up at first attempt... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Best team in the league only getting better as this window goes on. Hope they go up because I think Ismael's football will be fascinating to watch in the Premier League.

Yeah, I'm hoping he puts a decent strength team out tonight as I think Arsenal will really struggle against the physicality that we witnessed at the weekend & it's always funny watching Arsenal get bullied! They certainly didn't like it when Hughes was in charge with our very own 'Bully Boys' as Wenger put it.

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray has been fed up for a while now and probably since the Reading away game in all honest. I am still surprise he is in all honestly as I thought he would walk away after last season. But didn't. 

Why would he walk away from his gravy train?  Even long runs of defeats and inept performances don't get you fired.

Be here as long as he wants now since making millions on Arma he has acheived COW like status in India.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, I'm hoping he puts a decent strength team out tonight as I think Arsenal will really struggle against the physicality that we witnessed at the weekend & it's always funny watching Arsenal get bullied! They certainly didn't like it when Hughes was in charge with our very own 'Bully Boys' as Wenger put it.

Surely Arteta is gone if they lose that

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Because my point is that if you're playing "shit football" no.. "the worst football I've seen in 50 years" you simply don't win games with 5 goals on 3 different occasions in the same season.

You only have to go back as far as Owen Coyle, the previous manager, to find significantly worse football. 

Ridiculous comment. So winning 3 games in mostly dead rubber games by 5 goals is ur argument against worst football played in the last 50 years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

So winning 3 games in mostly dead rubber games by 5 goals is ur argument against worst football played in the last 50 years

Yes. We finished mid table, had poor spells and good spells. We played worse football under Owen Coyle.

Just now, JoeH said:

Yes. We finished mid table, had poor spells and good spells. We played worse football under Owen Coyle.

If you're arguing that Mowbray is a better manager than Coyle, you won't get any argument from me.

Its not much of a compliment is it? No-one is arguing about this anyway.

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ridiculous comment. So winning 3 games in mostly dead rubber games by 5 goals is ur argument against worst football played in the last 50 years

What is even more ridiculous is your backing up of said comment. The suggestion that last year was the worst football in 50 years is clearly both risible and bogus.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

If you're arguing that Mowbray is a better manager than Coyle, you won't get any argument from me.

No it's not much of a compliment I agree. The point on Coyle is that he's literally the last manager before Mowbray and he was worse, hands down.

I do accept that the conversation shouldn't become Coyle vs Mowbray, he was just an easy comparison to make to disclaim the whole 50 years thing because he was the most recent man in charge before him.

Edited by JoeH

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Coyle wins the title of “ Rovers Worst Ever Manager “ by a fair way if he’s being judged on performances alone. Saying Mowbray is better is damning with faint praise in my opinion.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

You are. You're saying we played the worst football in 50 years last season and Joe gave an easy and most recent example of manager who played worse football 

Unless you're saying the football was better under Coyle? 

I have my issues with Mowbrays methods but he's hands down steadier than Coyle. It's just worrying he started sounding like him last season.

If TM belongs in the mid ranges of the Championship or league one Owen firmly belongs in the bog end of Scottish football.

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just an aside on Premier League wages - it’s reported in my paper that Kurt Zouma wants £130,000 a week to move from Chelsea to West Ham. Wages like that have got to have a trickle down effect on the wages of the lesser lights we are trying to recruit.

They have, yes.

The unchecked greed of the Premier League has made football unsustainable for many clubs down the pyramid.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JoeH said:

No it's not much of a compliment I agree. The point on Coyle is that he's literally the last manager before Mowbray and he was worse, hands down.

I do accept that the conversation shouldn't become Coyle vs Mowbray, he was just an easy comparison to make to disclaim the whole 50 years thing because he was the most recent man in charge before him.

It shouldn't be about Coyle at all. 

Mowbray had better players than Coyle but couldn't prevent us playing some of the worst football in the last 50 years. That was the original statement and it's true!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

3 games and 2 of those against 10 men does not a summer make. I'll leave it there, we are not going agree.

Much and I emphasise "much" of the football last season was as bad as I have ever seen.

Love this phrase - is said every year I have followed Rovers with the exceptions of when Dalgleish and Hughes were in charge.

Levelled with gusto against Hodgson, Hartford, Kidd, Souness, Ince, Allardyce, Kean, Appleton, Bowyer, Coyle, Lambert, Mowbray....

Sorry if this has already been discussed, would signing Jack Wilshere on a one-year deal be a bad option?

The talent is clearly there but fitness and his injury record is an issue. He’s recently done an interview and stated he hasn’t been injured since January 2020. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in a Rovers shirt if TM could manage his workload like Ayala is currently being managed.

I see it as a similar signing to Jack Rodwell, give him a chance and see how it goes. If he keeps getting injured release him at the end of the year and move on.

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm curious how you define worst football ever?

Boring and losing.

I'm quite happy with a statement that some of the worst football in 50 years came under Coyle and Mowbray.

Terrible managers but at least Mowbray had money to spend (which by and large he didn't do well)