BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

The lack of signings is hardly Parks fault.

He was brought In with hardly any of the window left.Its down to whoever took so long to fill the head of recruitment role which had been vacant for months .

He was brought in with 50% of the window left.  Was he doing nothing before he started here.? Have you heard of hitting the ground running? I think he's been hitting the bakers 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He was brought in with 50% of the window left.  Was he doing nothing before he started here.? Have you heard of hitting the ground running? I think he's been hitting the bakers 

It comes down to finance aswell though Sparks.

He did well in his role at Celtic and Mourinho wanted him at Chelsea will reserve judgement until he has had more time in the job.

I don't lay the blame at his door for our poor window

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sparks I’m sure you can scout for him the good bakers/pie shops. There’s the one opposite Ewood that Shearer frequented. I’d recommend Greens on the market for their excellent pies, I love the peppered steak. As for cakes I can’t help as we bake our own and I’m not letting the fat jock near my lemon drizzle cakes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Maja failed a medical that is the only issue with him, this was after a deal had been agreed between all parties. I understand it is to to be resurrected in Januarys window.

That's what I believe we happen.

Nicko and BBrovers on here have both said Maja picked Rovers over Forest and was set to sign here until a back injury was found. 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Maja failed a medical that is the only issue with him, this was after a deal had been agreed between all parties. I understand it is to to be resurrected in Januarys window.

We signed loaners with injuries, why not a permanent?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's what I believe we happen.

Nicko and BBrovers on here have both said Maja picked Rovers over Forest and was set to sign here until a back injury was found. 

So between now and January, a serious back injury is going to clear up ?.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Surely if it stopped us getting a player, for a position we needed. It must be fairly serious. 

I not expert in players medicals. But Maja is set to back into training with Bordeaux possible this week according to this article from the offical Bordeaux website. Girondins33 - Josh Maja et Alberth Elis prochainement de retour avec le groupe ?

So hopefully we are going to watch his return and set talks with his club after his return and we see how he is playing

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I not expert in players medicals. But Maja is set to back into training with Bordeaux possible this week according to this article from the offical Bordeaux website. Girondins33 - Josh Maja et Alberth Elis prochainement de retour avec le groupe ?

So hopefully we are going to watch his return and set talks with his club after his return and we see how he is playing

It is not a case of judging the extent of medicals. If a player has a problem with his back, are the Rovers in a position to take the risk. 

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not a case of judging the extent of medicals. If a player has a problem with his back, are the Rovers in a position to take the risk. 

Of course it is cos scans and x-rays will show the extent of the damage and where it is in the back the injury is. 

Rovers management team have to decide if he worth the risk. If he is back playing for his club then Rovers have a decision to make. If not Maja then Rovers need to sign a striker early in the January transfer window 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course it is cos scans and x-rays will show the extent of the damage and where it is in the back the injury is. 

Rovers management team have to decide if he worth the risk. If he is back playing for his club then Rovers have a decision to make. If not Maja then Rovers need to sign a striker early in the January transfer window 

If he was not worth the risk two months ago, he will not be worth the risk in four months time.

Blackburn Rovers named today in the list of those who had officials at the game between Benfica and Boavista. According to newspaper O Jogo, the Championship side were one of the clubs who watched a 3-1 win from the Eagles, who confirmed their place at the top of the league table.

Blackburn Rovers involved in unusual scouting trip – Monitoring players early in the season - Sport Witness

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers named today in the list of those who had officials at the game between Benfica and Boavista. According to newspaper O Jogo, the Championship side were one of the clubs who watched a 3-1 win from the Eagles, who confirmed their place at the top of the league table.

Blackburn Rovers involved in unusual scouting trip – Monitoring players early in the season - Sport Witness

Well it is 80 degrees in Lisbon. Maybe Jockey has taken a vacation.

On 21/09/2021 at 16:21, chaddyrovers said:

They took in a match whilst negotiating Brererton's cut price January move to Benfica

• Like 1