BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If you read the article it says Rovers could choose to sell in January

Well I did read the article but if Rothwell signs a pre contract agreement with Rangers on the 1st January then Rovers wouldn't be selling him unless it to Rangers for a small fee. Doesn't matter if Rovers would to sell in January if he signed pre contract agreement 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I did read the article but if Rothwell signs a pre contract agreement with Rangers on the 1st January then Rovers wouldn't be selling him unless it to Rangers for a small fee. Doesn't matter if Rovers would to sell in January if he signed pre contract agreement 

IV no idea what point you are trying to make apart from trying to be a smartarse and failing.

Again the article says we might sell to Rangers in January hence my opening post saying Nixon selling Rothwell to Rangers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

IV no idea what point you are trying to make apart from trying to be a smartarse and failing.

Again the article says we might sell to Rangers in January hence my opening post saying Nixon selling Rothwell to Rangers

might sell being the key words but I would imagine that Rangers will get Rothwell to agree pre contract forcing our hand to sell him on the cheap

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If Rangers are interested and can pay the wages I'm sure Rothwell is gone. Bad news.

Also Saturday showed we desperately need right back cover. Nyambe, JRC and the new Brighton chap all seem to have big injury issues.

Two of them are not right-backs.

On 03/10/2021 at 16:12, oldjamfan1 said:

Having seen a little bit of Rangers this season they do need someone who can run with the ball at pace and drive at defenders. Rothwell would be a good fit for them and probably stand out in that tin pot league.

rothwell looks class when he`s pushed up the pitch which enables him to run at defenders,he does`nt get that option in a mowbray side to often though,i think he`ll shine at rangers and probably get a big money move elsewhere on the back of it

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rothwell looks class when he`s pushed up the pitch which enables him to run at defenders,he does`nt get that option in a mowbray side to often though,i think he`ll shine at rangers and probably get a big money move elsewhere on the back of it

Rothwells biggest problem is Rothwell, not Mowbray. He is inconsistency personified. Struggles with the important output of delivering assists and goals 

Would do well in Scotland though. Best we can expect now is £750,000 with a sell on I reckon 

Also, don't forget, he's almost 27 now, so talk of  a big money move from his next club is premature and unlikely to materialize I would say 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rothwells biggest problem is Rothwell, not Mowbray. He is inconsistency personified. Struggles with the important output of delivering assists and goals 

Would do well in Scotland though. Best we can expect now is £750,000 with a sell on I reckon 

Also, don't forget, he's almost 27 now, so talk of  a big money move from his next club is premature and unlikely to materialize I would say 

As we signed him for only £100k from Oxford and he's on around £6k a week not a bad return. With Venky's approach now, we'll get £50k and £3k a week wage budget to sign his replacement.

Although with his consistency, how many positions has Mowbray played him in when he's been here. He's forever changing his position giving him little time to settle. 

If he does go to Rangers, he'll be a success and probably shine in the Champions League qualifiers each season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

he`s  inconstistent because he`s shoved all over the park by mowbray,he`s done it with brereton,gallagher,buckley and the poor lad davenport,who must be the most easy going human being ever,we still don`t know what is actually rankin costello`s best position either

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The people belittling how important Rothwell is, were probably those doing that with Raya. Problem is the manager, coaches and everyone else. 

I'm not mate.  Our most talented player and I took some stick for it off bigdog chap.  My opinion is he's more gifted than Dack.

And I didn't rate Raya when he was here.  Shocking

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not mate.  Our most talented player and I took some stick for it off bigdog chap.  My opinion is he's more gifted than Dack.

People just look at goals and assists, something he has improved on btw. Its not that though, he scares the life out of teams and can do stuff nobody else in this team can. I don't care if he gets the final pass or scores, he makes things happen. Been in top 3 players of season so far for me and him walking for free would be sacrilege. Nobody in our team breezes past 3, 4 or 5 players with ease like he can. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The people belittling how important Rothwell is, were probably those doing that with Raya. Problem is the manager, coaches and everyone else. 

Agreed Jack, I’ve banged on and been banned for saying that Raya was not treated properly and he’s better than we have. Shit goalkeeping coach shown by how he’s doing at Brentford. There’s posters on here including the so called admin who still will not admit it. Probably be banned again!

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And I didn't rate Raya when he was here.  Shocking

Shit. Coaching no backing from wanker Mowbray. You can tell how he was told to kick as Kaminski was good at distribution when he first came. Now he’s no better than Raya. I do hope and I’m certain in my prediction that Raya will make the Spain squad.

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s  inconstistent because he`s shoved all over the park by mowbray,he`s done it with brereton,gallagher,buckley and the poor lad davenport,who must be the most easy going human being ever,we still don`t know what is actually rankin costello`s best position either

I can tell you, it isn't right-back.

• Like 1

Shock horror, Nixon links one of our players with a move away from Rovers in his Sunday rag.

To be fair any player with ambition and desire to progress will be off. Can't blame them really. Why would anyone want to stay here with Captain Mowbray and his buddy running the place? If I could jump ship I would.

34 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

There’s posters on here including the so called admin who still will not admit it. Probably be banned again!

What does this mean @JohnGo? I’m the only admin on of the forum… and I agree with what you said. So it makes for a very odd argument. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

He was at Oxford before here and when not injured his place in the starting 11 wasn't a shoe in,he was left out in games there too.

A better manager/coach might get more out of him as I agree he has the talent but he has to take some responsibility too.His goal and assist record is poor with the quality he possesses.

Three assists so far this season is decent though maybe giving a bit more now he is in the shop window?

Last season a number of games on ifollow/sky I heard Mowbray screaming at Rothwell to play further up the field and Rothwell wasn't doing as asked.In my opinion Mowbray was correct his dribbling skills need to be utilised closer to the box not going past a few men in the middle of the park and then more often than not choosing the wrong option.

I'm no Mowbray fan but if we are going to blame him for Rothwells inconsistency are we going to say it's down to Mowbray that Armstrong went from being a 3 million buy to a 15+ Million sale.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

People just look at goals and assists, something he has improved on btw. Its not that though, he scares the life out of teams and can do stuff nobody else in this team can. I don't care if he gets the final pass or scores, he makes things happen. Been in top 3 players of season so far for me and him walking for free would be sacrilege. Nobody in our team breezes past 3, 4 or 5 players with ease like he does.

Whilst of course we need to judge players on goals and assists to a certain degree, it doesn't tell the whole story. It's not Rothwell's fault when a chance he creates isn't finished. 

I saw a stat about 'good chances' created (yes I know hard to define, but still) and he was far and away top.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Admin, moderates, all the same to me pal

Nobody has banned you for an opinion on Raya though. I share the same opinion as yourself and JB on Raya too….

• Like 1

On 05/10/2021 at 14:33, phili said:

As we signed him for only £100k from Oxford and he's on around £6k a week not a bad return. With Venky's approach now, we'll get £50k and £3k a week wage budget to sign his replacement.

Although with his consistency, how many positions has Mowbray played him in when he's been here. He's forever changing his position giving him little time to settle. 

If he does go to Rangers, he'll be a success and probably shine in the Champions League qualifiers each season.

On 05/10/2021 at 14:34, simongarnerisgod said:

How long has he been played in the same position for now, over 1 year? 

On 05/10/2021 at 19:57, JacknOry said:

People just look at goals and assists, something he has improved on btw. Its not that though, he scares the life out of teams and can do stuff nobody else in this team can. I don't care if he gets the final pass or scores, he makes things happen. Been in top 3 players of season so far for me and him walking for free would be sacrilege. Nobody in our team breezes past 3, 4 or 5 players with ease like he can. 

I know it's almost Haloween, but scaring the opposition doesn't win you football matches 

• Like 2