BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Stopped several times in the hotel next to Schalke’s ground in Gelsenkirchen. It’s really impressive, sadly there was never a game on to go to. The Rollings Stones stopped there for a gig at the ground, the top two floors where blocked off so I couldn’t get near them. Dortmund v Schalke is on my bucket list to do as is Inter v AC.

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you think Travis is better than Robbie Savage? He's a poor mans version to me. I'm sure other fans do appreciate the donkey work he puts in, he needs more to his all round game though. 

You needs a full back that does both if you want to go anywhere these days. 

To be fair, Robbie Savage would be probably the best midfielder in the League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, Robbie Savage would be probably the best midfielder in the League.

Ya, I loved Robbie! 

On your earlier question, well I haven't seen as much of games this season as I would like, 2-3 I think. 2 on Rovers TV and one on a stream. 

Is tonight's game on Rovers TV do you or does anyone know? 

I agree about Pickerings weaknesses, but I would give leeway because of the jump in standard. He looks promising to me, more promising than Nyambe. I hope Nyambe proves me wrong now with a stormer, but I do understand why Mowbray would favour a better baller in JRC over him and also why he would frustrate a manager. Like when people go on about Nyambe with over the top praise, can they honestly say we would get more than £1 million for him , even if he had a long contract? I don't believe we would. Which in and of itself tells its own story about an athletic international, who has been playing at this level consistently for a number of years, apart from the season in league 1 ,where he didn't exactly set the world alight. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I loved Robbie! 

On your earlier question, well I haven't seen as much of games this season as I would like, 2-3 I think. 2 on Rovers TV and one on a stream. 

I agree about Pickerings weaknesses, but I would give leeway because of the jump in standard. He looks promising to me, more promising than Nyambe. I hope Nyambe proves me wrong now with a stormer, but I do understand why Mowbray would favour a better baller in JRC over him and also why he would frustrate a manager. Like when people go on about Nyambe with over the top praise, can they honestly say we would get more than £1 million for him , even if he had a long contract? I don't believe we would. Which in and of itself tells its own story about an athletic international, who has been playing at this level consistently for a number of years, apart from the season in league 1 ,where he didn't exactly set the world alight. 

I think Nyambe gets a lot of unfair criticism especially at times from Mowbray who has dropped him at some point in every season in favour of inferior players.  He's expected at times to be superhuman.

I think what does me in a little bit is when people criticise him defensively then suggest we play JRC instead, when Nyambe is far superior defender both 1v1 and positionally. If people would prefer a more technically able RB then fair enough but I think it's another case of absence makes him look a better shout than he actually is at RB. 

Even on Saturday I didn't think he was bad at all, I don't Pickering as being more promising either he just has different attributes than Nyambe, I think if Nyambe was under contract for another 4 years and a premier league or top championship club came knocking we would be looking for £5million for him.

The one player in our squad who has previously been suggested for a bigger move that is very overrated is Lenihan, who is useful and nothing more.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think Nyambe gets a lot of unfair criticism especially at times from Mowbray who has dropped him at some point in every season in favour of inferior players.  He's expected at times to be superhuman.

I think what does me in a little bit is when people criticise him defensively then suggest we play JRC instead, when Nyambe is far superior defender both 1v1 and positionally. If people would prefer a more technically able RB then fair enough but I think it's another case of absence makes him look a better shout than he actually is at RB. 

Even on Saturday I didn't think he was bad at all, I don't Pickering as being more promising either he just has different attributes than Nyambe, I think if Nyambe was under contract for another 4 years and a premier league or top championship club came knocking we would be looking for £5million for him.

The one player in our squad who has previously been suggested for a bigger move that is very overrated is Lenihan, who is useful and nothing more.

Fair enough on the post, but I think you can dream on thinking we would get anywhere near £5 million for him. I would be shocked if Premier league club came in for him. Maybe on a free, as a fixer upper due to his athletic ability. I don't think expecting him to contribute a bit more in attack is expecting him to be super human, it's pretty much expected from full backs now, even at this level. I hope he proves me wrong and has a stellar season, but he has stalled as far as I concerned and I don't think it's fair putting that blame on Mowbray

I don't JRC is a great option there either, but he is technically superior, so I can see why the call is made. I would probably favour Nyambe alright though. 

Lenihan is a funny one. It seems the interest from Sheffield united was real and the figure I read was high, but its hard to know. He can't regularly make the Ireland squad and we are total dog doo doo at the minute. Although centre half is one place we have decent players.  

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I loved Robbie! 

I think Nyambe is miles ahead of Rankin Costello who I suppose isnt a right back but cannot defend one on one at all. I also think that whilst Nyambe doesnt have the best end product, his assist for the first on Saturday isnt the first in which he has powered through and played the ball back for a goal. 

The fact that he is an international is (like with Annesley) an irrelevance due to the fact that his national team is a footballing minnow. I think he is an average Championship right back, and definitely our best full back on what has been seen so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair enough on the post, but I think you can dream on thinking we would get anywhere near £5 million for him. I would be shocked if Premier league club came in for him. Maybe on a free, as a fixer upper due to his athletic ability. I don't think expecting him to contribute a bit more in attack is expecting him to be super human, it's pretty much expected from full backs now, even at this level. I hope he proves me wrong and has a stellar season, but he has stalled as far as I concerned and I don't think it's fair putting that blame on Mowbray

I don't JRC is a great option there either, but he is technically superior, so I can see why the call is made. I would probably favour Nyambe alright though. 

Lenihan is a funny one. It seems the interest from Sheffield united was real and the figure I read was high, but its hard to know. He can't regularly make the Ireland squad and we are total dog doo doo at the minute. Although centre half is one place we have decent players.  

Genuinely have no idea what you have against Nyambe, think he's one of the best RBs in the league and would do well in the Prem.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s good enough defensively to play at a higher level, it’s when he has the ball at is feet that the problems arise. Premier League full backs need much better ball skills.

They do. I think he could cope in the Prem though, for the right team with the right expectations. I also think his weapon of charging near the byline and cutting it across can work up there, as well as his ability to carry the ball from deep (which he seems to do less this season for some reason), so he wouldn't be completely impotent attacking wise.

• Like 2

Didn't really know the thread to stick this in. Some of you may know I run an account on Twitter called RoversAnalytics. Well as I posted there earlier today, I've taken a role at SPL side Heart of Midlothian in the 1st team recruitment department and will have to step away from running that account. I will also have to take a step away from posting on the board also.

Thanks to anyone who supported that channel and enjoyed the stuff. Data isn't/wasn't for everyone and that's understandable, but I hope I at least created some conversation regarding it!

🙂

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Didn't really know the thread to stick this in. Some of you may know I run an account on Twitter called RoversAnalytics. Well as I posted there earlier today, I've taken a role at SPL side Heart of Midlothian in the 1st team recruitment department and will have to step away from running that account. I will also have to take a step away from posting on the board also.

Thanks to anyone who supported that channel and enjoyed the stuff. Data isn't/wasn't for everyone and that's understandable, but I hope I at least created some conversation regarding it!

🙂

Congrats Joe, and good luck in the new role. I'm sure you'll do great!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

🙂

Fair play. Hard work and dedication pays off! 

53 minutes ago, JoeH said:

🙂

Enjoy being a Jambo.

On 01/09/2021 at 21:42, rovers11 said:

Hard to think of a poorer window than this one. The owners simply haven't backed the manager with any money and have clearly told the board to reduce the wage bill. Our wage structure is just not competitive at this level anymore. 

Our starting 11 is decent but our squad is very poor. 

Do you know what Mrs D said when they bought the club? Her vision has finally been realised

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

🙂

All the best in your new job my friend. It's not something that particularly interests me but clearly there is a market for it so knock yourself out 😁😁.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

🙂

Every football fans dream to be employed in football in some capacity or other, given that we haven't the football talent!

So congratulations and enjoy!

PS  You'll escape Tory England too!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, JoeH said:

🙂

Many congratulations Joe. Hearts is a terrific football club with incredibly passionate fans, a few of whom I have worked with over the years. If your role necessitates moving to Scotland I can heartily recommend it (pun intended).

Good luck and well done.

Edited by oldjamfan1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Many congratulations Joe. Hearts is a terrific football club with incredibly passionate fans, a few of whom I have worked with over the years. If your role necessitates moving to Scotland I can heartily recommend it (pun intended).

Good luck and well done.

Very much still baed in the North West, sadly, I love the city and have been a couple of times. Hopefully one day get up there.

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Very much still baed in the North West, sadly, I love the city and have been a couple of times. Hopefully one day get up there.

Good luck mate, I’m Scottish myself so if you ever need anything Scotland related then give us a shout.

Hearts are a good club , fan owned too, got a lot of respect for them