BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said yesterday that we have left a space open for a potential free agent according to the LT. If that is the case, it has to be imminent, no pissing around because anyone without a club will need time to get up to speed.

Well looking through the free agency list for Striker and I dont see much quality there..

Would you take Sanogo as 3rd striker option? I'm not sure. Would I rather stick to what we have?.

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well looking through the free agency list for Striker and I dont see much quality there..

Would you take Sanogo as 3rd striker option? I'm not sure. Would I rather stick to what we have?.

That Sanogo is absolutely dismal, I would rather have Robson Kanu and that is saying something.

I understand the desperation though, our attack is as lacking as anyone in the league, we are so short of goals. Lete just hope that there is a hidden gem from abroad that we dont know much if anything about, I wont hold my breath though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

That Sanogo is absolutely dismal, I would rather have Robson Kanu and that is saying something.

I understand the desperation though, our attack is as lacking as anyone in the league, we are so short of goals. Lete just hope that there is a hidden gem from abroad that we dont know much if anything about, I wont hold my breath though.

I wouldn't either of them tbh. 

Rather use Butterworth or McBride to be honest until January then get a striker in that First week of the January transfer window. Park and the recruitment team focus should be making that happen. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't either of them tbh. 

Rather use Butterworth or McBride to be honest until January then get a striker in that First week of the January transfer window. Park and the recruitment team focus should be making that happen. 

I’d probably agree barring somebody from abroad that we don’t know about. Certainly from the domestic free veterans list, I don’t see the value there with wages/injury’s/ not been playing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d probably agree barring somebody from abroad that we don’t know about. Certainly from the domestic free veterans list, I don’t see the value there with wages/injury’s/ not been playing 

Agreed. 

Rovers need to focus on get a permanent striker in that first week of that January window. The scouting of strikers and potential signing should be happening from this week of games in my opinion 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ulrich said:

What about Sturridge? I'd have him in on trial for sure.

He scored 4 in 11 for Trabzonspor, Turkish super league. Looked to be playing well then caught up in a betting scandal and banned/sacked.

I reckon he could do a job in the championship and he keeps posting on Twitter he just wants to be back playing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, booth said:

He scored 4 in 11 for Trabzonspor, Turkish super league. Looked to be playing well then caught up in a betting scandal and banned/sacked.

I reckon he could do a job in the championship and he keeps posting on Twitter he just wants to be back playing.

Of course he could do a job. But i doubt he'd take 10k a week.

Sturridge would be the equivalent to when we signed Bellamy but a championship version. Would be incredible and easily score goals. But wage demands would price him out of a move and apparently has a poor attitude to not wanting to play when he has minor niggles. I can’t see him wanting to give his all for the cause the way Bellamy did to get a good move . I’d still take him in a heartbeat though and hope it’s not a Danny Murphy situation 

41 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Get Sturridge in for crying out loud. He must be desperate to try and restart his career. 

Who wouldn't have replaced a clearly shattered (and clearly having a shit game) Gally with him for the last 15/20 minutes yesterday?

A better option is sacking Mowbray before midday today ..

• Like 6

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would like to think that we will ramp up the search for a striker through the free agent market, we all know we desperately need one. Might be slim pickings and a scraping of the barrel though.

Who can we get? 

I feel we are better going with what we have currently including using Butterworth and McBride until January. In the meantime, Park and his recruitment team get to work on finding a striker we can striker we sign in few days of the window. I hope that Park has sent a scout to Hibs game today scouting Kevin Nisbet. Could be potential striker target

3 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Get Sturridge in for crying out loud. He must be desperate to try and restart his career. 

Who wouldn't have replaced a clearly shattered (and clearly having a shit game) Gally with him for the last 15/20 minutes yesterday?

Isn't Sturridge set to sign for German club Schalke? 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who can we get? 

I feel we are better going with what we have currently including using Butterworth and McBride until January. In the meantime, Park and his recruitment team get to work on finding a striker we can striker we sign in few days of the window. I hope that Park has sent a scout to Hibs game today scouting Kevin Nisbet. Could be potential striker target

Isn't Sturridge set to sign for German club Schalke? 

There is no doubt free agents out there better than what we have, If those in charge of transfers knew what they were doing. Mowbray talked Butterworth up all week, then didn't even use them, ridiculous. 

They knew Armstrong was leaving for what, 1 year now? Let's say 6 months being generous. They failed to replace him all summer. You said then it didn't matter there was no head of recruitment,only to then say they had an interim head of recruitment (that none of us knew about) and they they failed to replace Armstrong. I wouldn't be confident they will do anything in January. It will be more false dawn's and false promises. The club is shamobolicly run and that's very apparent when it comes to recruitment. We can't get a decent squad together,there are always issues and holes. Having great young players isn't enough, under this manager, he does not exceed expectations, he just about achieves them ,or fails completely. 

This new head of recruitment has it all to do. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Can't find the Nyambe thread. 

Posted my views on his defending for the first goal in the Luton thread. Awful, wrong side , stuff you learn under 8. He's fast and strong and is good one on one with wingers, which of course is important. However he gets caught positionally, can't header very well, passing is ok and his offensive awareness is practically non existent in the opposition final third. 

Genuinely,how much is he worth? £1 million? Considering Pickering cost £650,000 and looks to have a lot more to his all round game for a full back, which you need these days. Nyambe is a very poor man's Wan Bisakka 

I don't get the love in and think we could find better. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can't find the Nyambe thread. 

Posted my views on his defending for the first goal in the Luton thread. Awful, wrong side , stuff you learn under 8. He's fast and strong and is good one on one with wingers, which of course is important. However he gets caught positionally, can't header very well, passing is ok and his offensive awareness is practically non existent in the opposition final third. 

Genuinely,how much is he worth? £1 million? Considering Pickering cost £650,000 and looks to have a lot more to his all round game for a full back, which you need these days. Nyambe is a very poor man's Wan Bisakka 

He wasn't the main culprit, however. Not arguing that he was awful on that goal, but he was trying to mop up the mess of the rest of the defence. Why was he there? Because our 27 central defenders had gone AWOL. He should have been covering one of two Luton players on their left but he got sucked into covering the player in the middle which none of the central defenders had picked up and who Travis preferred to watch stroll into the area unopposed rather than to run a little tiny bit faster to track.

So yep, not great from Nyambe but everyone else did just abnegate their responsibilities and left him holding the can. 

I don't think we'll get much for Nyambe, he's stalled badly in his career. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Surely he'd rather come to a mid-table second tier side in England than a mid-table second tier side in Germany?

no idea. 

40 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I don't think we'll get much for Nyambe, he's stalled badly in his career. 

Maybe we should have cash in on him this summer window considering that we wont get anything for him this coming summer