BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Dan Pike joined AFC Flyde on loan 

I struggle to figure out our strategy.

At RB we are a bit thin really. Nyambe, plenty good enough but occasional hamstring issues. JRC, highly injury prone and not a natural RB, can do a job but is better further forward. After that it's the kids, the only natural RB amongst them being Pike. Now being loaned out too far down the pyramid to learn much. I don't know if we turned down any interest from higher up during the window, but if we did it's fairly criminal. I can only assume we see Magloire and Carter as the back up options at RB.

Elsewhere we hung onto Butterworth, Vale and McBride, despite having more options in that area.

34 minutes ago, booth said:

wtf is going on?

We'd done the deal but the deals didn't get done.

How does that happen?

That’s the big question. Instead of people obsessing over who we missed out on, serious questions need asking. 

Typically nobody will be held accountable. It appears on the surface yet another absolute failing in the fundamentals of the day to day running of a football club.

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’s the big question. Instead of people obsessing over who we missed out on, serious questions need asking. 

Typically nobody will be held accountable. It appears on the surface yet another absolute failing in the fundamentals of the day to day running of a football club.

Well I think I have posted and would enjoyed asking questions or the this window transfer plan, why leave it so late to replace AA, how are transfer targets decide and is it true that we have transfer committee that decide transfer targets and if true who is on this committee? Plus why didn't sign the player who we flew in France? 

Andy Bayes

@AndyBayes

Tony Mowbray discussing deadline day. #rovers

BBC Sport Lancashire

@BBCLancsSport

“For other reasons, other than financial, these deals didn't happen. I felt pretty confident that we were going in the right direction and the team was going to be so much stronger” Transfer deadline day was "full of frustration" for #Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray #bbcfootball

Liar liar pants on fire!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I find it highly frustrating that TM won't elaborate on why they weren't signed. Don't get me wrong, I understand there could be legitimate reasons not to, beyond self preservation. It might cause some embarrassment to the player or their camp for instance, so it might be deemed unprofessional to spill (although not like the player needs naming). Generally speaking in normal times it can be best to hold back the particulars of why deals don't work.

But in the circumstances, with a window in which we sold our best player for a fair bit of money and failed to replace them, in a summer where we performed badly in the market relative to our need, where the fanbase are highly disillusioned, I really think this time we deserved to know exactly why we had who we wanted in the building on deadline day, yet it failed for non-financial reasons. He is suggesting it wasn't right for us, on our end, so why was this reason so important it outweighed our burning need to replace our main man?

I think he knows the reason won't hold up to scrutiny. I was half joking about the ripped jeans, but I bet it's something along those lines. He says they sat and talked football for hours and implied all was well at that point, so it's not even his usual character judgement thing.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I struggle to figure out our strategy.

At RB we are a bit thin really. Nyambe, plenty good enough but occasional hamstring issues. JRC, highly injury prone and not a natural RB, can do a job but is better further forward. After that it's the kids, the only natural RB amongst them being Pike. Now being loaned out too far down the pyramid to learn much. I don't know if we turned down any interest from higher up during the window, but if we did it's fairly criminal. I can only assume we see Magloire and Carter as the back up options at RB.

Elsewhere we hung onto Butterworth, Vale and McBride, despite having more options in that area.

Only a months deal and maybe Mowbray feels Carter and the lad from Brighton can fill in at rb if Nyambe or Jrc are out.Pike needs to play games, yes it is not a very good level but it will be more competitive than under 23 football

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 08:58, tomphil said:

I think hes probably been brought in with next summer in mind and an even bigger turnover of bodies.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray same excuses window after window, bla, bla, bla. Wish I could prove he was a fucking liar. Piss off and take maggot and Uranus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

It’s just white noise.

you had weeks to sign a striker, not a day. You lose your top striker and you sign no one, there is literally no excuse for it.

Yep, I was screaming at the vid asking Bayes to put that to him on the timeline. Nice and easy from good old Andy though, gotta toe the line.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LDRover said:

Yep, I was screaming at the vid asking Bayes to put that to him on the timeline. Nice and easy from good old Andy though, gotta toe the line.

Bayes loves Mowbray that much has always been clear, he chucks in the spongeballs for Tony to bat away without effort.

• Like 1

Listening to Nicko on Radio Lancashire about deadline day. Maja was the player “in the building”, choosing Rovers over Forest. Did the first part of medical but failed second part, supposedly an old stress fracture of the back showing up and  Rovers wouldn’t take the risk 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Listening to Nicko on Radio Lancashire about deadline day. Maja was the player “in the building”, choosing Rovers over Forest. Did the first part of medical but failed second part, supposedly an old stress fracture of the back showing up and  Rovers wouldn’t take the risk 

chaddy likes this. 

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

So going off that it wasn't due to the owners being unwilling to spend some of the money on a replacement for Armstrong.

Once again it is down to the people on the ground.Leaving it until the last minute when you are bringing a player over from abroad.He would have at least been 3 million we couldn't have found another striker for that money?