BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon saying we had Maja at Brockhall on Bank Holiday night. 

Poor do that we can't even sign young players that haven't set the championship alight previously.

And yes I know he was only a kid and has bags of potential, but it's still disappointing we can't sign someone as yet unproven in the championship.

54 minutes ago, booth said:

Poor do that we can't even sign young players that haven't set the championship alight previously.

And yes I know he was only a kid and has bags of potential, but it's still disappointing we can't sign someone as yet unproven in the championship.

Tbf he has only played 17 games in the Championship,  when he was 18/19.

He lit up League One, but not French Ligue 1. Surprised to see he was loaned to Fulham in the Prem back end of last season. Scored 3 in 15.

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf he has only played 17 games in the Championship,  when he was 18/19.

He lit up League One, but not French Ligue 1. Surprised to see he was loaned to Fulham in the Prem back end of last season. Scored 3 in 15.

The point still stands that he's a good league 1 player but won't come here. Poor do.

A new low I'd say.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I'd be inclined to believe Maja failed a medical, hasn't he had injury issues recently?

Or am I getting muddled with another player?

Maja is the one in the Sunderland documentary. Would have been a good replacement for AA for sure and a good season would have quadrupled his value. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Maja flew in for talks, didn’t happen , concerns on both sides , take that as you will 

off topic, I’d take Andre wisdom for centre back/ right back cover , didn’t know Derby had released him. Not a world beater but dependable , reminds me of baptiste

Do we need a center-back/right-back cover ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Maja flew in for talks, didn’t happen , concerns on both sides , take that as you will 

off topic, I’d take Andre wisdom for centre back/ right back cover , didn’t know Derby had released him. Not a world beater but dependable , reminds me of baptiste

why do we need another defender when we have more than enough cover for those areas. 

That would be waste of money to bring him in. 

If we have sold Nyambe and bring in Wisdom then fair enough but we didn't sell him. 

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Surely if he flew in, he'd previously known the figures we were offering. So why would it not have got done at that point? He had one look at Waggott? TM pulled out his tactics board and marker pen? 

Perhaps TM tried to crack a welcoming smile and Maja went straight back home.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do we need another defender when we have more than enough cover for those areas. 

That would be waste of money to bring him in. 

If we have sold Nyambe and bring in Wisdom then fair enough but we didn't sell him. 

Striker is still the priority by far, but we are weak in cover for RB.

Nyambe gets the odd injury, but JRC is utterly prone. There is every chance that when Nyambe is out JRC also will be. JRC also isn't that great defensively. And Nyambe is very likely a goner next season, so planning long term for that wouldn't be unwise.

After those two we have basically nobody. Carter has a little experience playing there, but has been mixed there in the first team so far. Anybody else is a square peg for a round hole (and JRC arguably is too). And I'd rather rim a goat than see Gallagher get wedged in there again, or Buckley for that matter.

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Striker is still the priority by far, but we are weak in cover for RB.

Nyambe gets the odd injury, but JRC is utterly prone. There is every chance that when Nyambe is out JRC also will be. JRC also isn't that great defensively. And Nyambe is very likely a goner next season, so planning long term for that wouldn't be unwise.

After those two we have basically nobody. Carter has a little experience playing there, but has been mixed there in the first team so far. Anybody else is a square peg for a round hole (and JRC arguably is too). And I'd rather rim a goat than see Gallagher get wedged in there again, or Buckley for that matter.

We have more than enough cover for the right back spot. We already have Nyambe, Pike, JRC plus Carter. How much cover do we need? 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have more than enough cover for the right back spot. We already have Nyambe, Pike, JRC plus Carter. How much cover do we need? 

2 of those are not RB they have just been tried there by Mowbray,by that logic we don't need a striker as we have at least 5 that have been played there by him.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was pretty clear that I don't consider injury-prone attacker JRC, nor inexperienced primarily CB Carter, to really cut the mustard as backup to occasionally injury-prone actual RB Nyambe. I didn't mention Pike but again he's very young, inexperienced, and an unknown entity at this level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So one actual RB and a kid yet to feature for the first team and one the manager still picks another kid (a CB) over him for that position. JRC is not a full back.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So one actual RB and a kid yet to feature for the first team and one the manager still picks another kid (a CB) over him for that position. JRC is not a full back.

For me that is enough cover. The Rovers are not in a situation to have fully established players, on the bench, for every position. The fact that Mowbray picks someone in front of Pike, means absolutely nothing in the real world. It says more about Mowbray than it does Pike.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me that is enough cover. The Rovers are not in a situation to have fully established players, on the bench, for every position. The fact that Mowbray picks someone in front of Pike, means absolutely nothing in the real world. It says more about Mowbray than it does Pike.

I agree and for me, I think JRC would be excellent right wing back if we played 3-5-2 formation. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just not as good as Nyambe.

On the right wing-back debate. I think, in that position, Nyambe is better at the defensive side of that position. But JRC is better at the attacking side. Neither are good at the whole position. I think Nyambe is a full-back, and JRC a winger. 

• Like 3