BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

45 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Just read that journeyman Paul Mullin actually turned us down before joining the mighty Wrexham.

Now, it wasn't the most reliable source but that really hits home if true.

Probably says more about him than us to be fair. 26 years old, dropping to that league for money. 

5 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I think the only way that Sturridge or Carroll will get contracts is Pay as you play. a 12 month contract for one of them similar to the one that Rodwell had could be beneficial to both player and club.

Carroll is an awful one trick pony. No thanks!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Arent they owned by Deadpool or something and have big ambition plans to climb through the leagues?

I don't think Deadpool is a billionaire. And I don't think Wrexham are Blackburn Rovers. So I don't see how that should matter.

32 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Mowbray going nowhere......much as I hate to say.

I dont want either player but when someone said wages is a reason why not all I was suggesting there are ways to keep pay to a minimum

It sounds like he'd play anywhere if given the opportunity. He's damaged goods but I'm surprised a lower league team hasn't took him in yet.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think Deadpool is a billionaire. And I don't think Wrexham are Blackburn Rovers. So I don't see how that should matter.

If we offered Mullin a contract he would be here likewise if anyone else in the championship made him an offer.

I read an interview not long after he signed online and he only mentioned turning down league 1 and 2 no mention of the championship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Sturridge could do a job for us and inspire a few, it's a shame the club have lost all their ambition. Souness or Hughes would have been all over that. Talented player.

Souness or Hughes would never have put themselves in this sad scenario, both knew how to plan and both knew exactly what players they needed to improve the team/squad

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 17:20, chaddyrovers said:

possibly so. surely the only free agent position we should be looking at is a striker, Not much out there. 

Would we not be better using McBride or Burns or Vale as the 3rd/4th given that we haven't loan them out. 

Then in January look to secure a permanent striker signing within the first couple days of the window

I doubt we’ll sign someone within the first couple of days of the window, we don’t do business quickly here Chaddy mate!

Let’s just hope we aren’t in trouble come January, I still think the squad as it is will be good enough to avoid getting pulled into any danger but other than West Brom and Fulham this season the standard of the league is pretty weak and I can’t help but feeling if we had of replaced Armstrong and also replaced the manager earlier this summer, we’d have a shout of pushing for the top six.

• Like 2

On 03/09/2021 at 17:20, chaddyrovers said:

possibly so. surely the only free agent position we should be looking at is a striker, Not much out there. 

Would we not be better using McBride or Burns or Vale as the 3rd/4th given that we haven't loan them out. 

Then in January look to secure a permanent striker signing within the first couple days of the window

Reasonably we have to sign at least one senior striker. You can't go into a season with only two first team strikers who have played senior and scored at least a few goals.

In terms of league goals scored across squad we must be one of the lowest in the league, if not the lowest? In the team we have Gallagher who scored 6 last season and Brereton who scored 7. Beyond that several squad players chipped in 1 to 3 goals each. Only Dack - out till Jan - has any sort of scoring record.

That's a pretty amazingly bad situation. We're doing okay with the defenders and mids chipping in at the moment, but when the shoes on the other foot and were in a death spiral I really worry about us.

8 hours ago, Butty said:

I doubt we’ll sign someone within the first couple of days of the window, we don’t do business quickly here Chaddy mate!

Let’s just hope we aren’t in trouble come January, I still think the squad as it is will be good enough to avoid getting pulled into any danger but other than West Brom and Fulham this season the standard of the league is pretty weak and I can’t help but feeling if we had of replaced Armstrong and also replaced the manager earlier this summer, we’d have a shout of pushing for the top six.

Butty, I am saying what the club knows to done. We are deffo a striker shortly and I would be again targeting Rhys Healey as the striker I would want us to sign. Think he would score goals here and be 15-20 goals striker for us. 

Can't disagree about your last point Butty. I feel it was a massive opportunity missed. They tried for a different manager according to different sources

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Reasonably we have to sign at least one senior striker. You can't go into a season with only two first team strikers who have played senior and scored at least a few goals.

In terms of league goals scored across squad we must be one of the lowest in the league, if not the lowest? In the team we have Gallagher who scored 6 last season and Brereton who scored 7. Beyond that several squad players chipped in 1 to 3 goals each. Only Dack - out till Jan - has any sort of scoring record.

That's a pretty amazingly bad situation. We're doing okay with the defenders and mids chipping in at the moment, but when the shoes on the other foot and were in a death spiral I really worry about us.

Yes we should have signed a permanent striker this. 

Gallagher and Brereton didn;t play in 9 role so maybe now Mowbray has to they might score 15 goals this season

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Butty, I am saying what the club knows to done. We are deffo a striker shortly and I would be again targeting Rhys Healey as the striker I would want us to sign. Think he would score goals here and be 15-20 goals striker for us. 

Can't disagree about your last point Butty. I feel it was a massive opportunity missed. They tried for a different manager according to different sources

Yes we should have signed a permanent striker this. 

Gallagher and Brereton didn;t play in 9 role so maybe now Mowbray has to they might score 15 goals this season

It’s looking like Brereton might have to miss a couple of matches due to Chili too?? Can’t really afford to rely in two strikers /Dolan??( & youngsters) 

5 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

It’s looking like Brereton might have to miss a couple of matches due to Chili too?? Can’t really afford to rely in two strikers /Dolan??( & youngsters) 

Simply not good enough. I would be putting McBride or Burns on the bench but Rovers SHOULD have signed a permanent striker in this window. No excuses

Surely if he flew in, he'd previously known the figures we were offering. So why would it not have got done at that point? He had one look at Waggott? TM pulled out his tactics board and marker pen? 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2