BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

We look hungry today and Swansea look leggy. I think our players are geed up by having the fans back in after so long, it must almost feel like they're making their debuts. I notice that so far in the Championship, no home team is losing today.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Dolan obviously has plenty of time in his career to improve and has all the fundamentals to succeed, but we can’t play a full season with him as the player getting the key chances. 

I mean he's never a #9. He provides nice energy out there, but he should never be leading the line at this level. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Hard to believe this is the same Rovers. Really quite fun to watch, it's like we're off the leash or something.

Obviously buoyed by the fans, who in turn are buoyed by being back.

I've really missed this.

• Like 2

Good first half. Excellent on the press, but have squandered too many chance. Should be 3 or 4.  Dolan and Buckley have been dynamite pressing but both have been poor in giving us an outlet from the back. SG looked a donkey the first 10.  Need to do better with the opportunities Swans are giving us. 

Our pressing game looking just as effective as it did at the start of last season. Credit where it's due, we have been excellent for the most part this half and should have at least two.

Much like last season though, that pressing game is hard to sustain for a full campaign. Without reinforcements it can't be sustained. The only players in the front 3 we have who we know can do it effectively are the 3 we have out (since Armstrong looks to be off). There's no way the same 3 can do that all season, and if Brereton got injured again like last season, then what?

It's not the only area we are thin in squad depth to be maintaining that intensity either. I don't think 5 loans are going to cut it, we simply have to be able to reinvest some of that Arma money, even if most of it gets swallowed by debt and contract renewals.

• Like 1