BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

I guess if we play with a very narrow front three, use BD and Gally to rough up the defenders and win headers and Dolan's pace to sit on the shoulder of the last defender and run on to flick ons and win second balls? 

That's clutching at straws and even then would leave Nyambe and Pickering very exposed. Baptism of fire for the new lad I guess.

Just now, booth said:

£5m and £7m on players he doesn’t trust with being the main striker. 

But it's the owners fault, not Tony's, that he spent a tonne of money, never plays them properly and will likely lose them for free with no value gained.

• Like 5

The game is still about crossing. Getting behind and wide and banging it across the box. Always will be. Look at how every team from Fylde to Man City play.

I like BB in his position.

But when you have a 6ft 5 lad on the other side who can’t dribble or cross but can head it and finish a bit with a 5ft lad in the middle who CAN dribble and cross… someone has been spiking the lemon cake.

If it works now finally after years of it not working then I suppose I’ll have to eat my hat.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

But it's the owners fault, not Tony's, that he spent a tonne of money, never plays them properly and will likely lose them for free with no value gained.

It’s both. Under normal owners Mowbray would have been sacked after the Brereton signing when we needed defenders.

But then normal owners wouldn’t have allowed him to do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Even Swansea starting eleven looks poor to be honest. Cullen in attack. Who's that? 

Swansea don’t look all that this season to me, lost a lot of players, new manager etc 

We’ve a chance to get a good result on the board.

Dolan hat trick of headers assisted by Sammy G

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Just seen the team - so that's 4 Academy graduates in the starting XI and all 7 (I'm counting McBride) subs.

This is the same team that wants to flog it's training ground and dismantle the Academy. You literally couldn't make it up. 

They don’t stand to make money on academy lads coming through. But a housing development….