BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Possession is overrated!

Screenshot_20210807-155435_Scores.jpg

As the data has consistently shown. Here we are winning with far less possession again. I wonder if there's a point at which the penny will drop for the manager.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As the data has consistently shown. Here we are winning with far less possession again. I wonder if there's a point at which the penny will drop for the manager.

Very few pennies drop for him. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’re getting the hair dryer treatment for not topping the possession chart. 

• Like 1

Dolan in the centre of the front three is a funny one. He does cause all kinds of disruption up there and adds an element of unpredictability. Works his ass off and harries. But he hasn't developed that clinical finishing knack yet (in fairness he didn't have all that many clear chances last season and still scored 3, so today might not be wholly representative and Arma has had the odd day like this too at 5 years his senior, but yeh he has been fluffing them today). He isn't big and strong either, although neither was Arma.

It's not where I see Dolan's future at all unless he becomes a clinical finisher and/or learns to read the game better  but I think playing him there might have occasional utility until we get someone else, especially in a stretched squad. Rather see Gallagher put there though and Dolan wide. Someone mentioned McBride but I think if we swap Dolan for him we lose that mobility that is unsettling Swansea.

I’ll say one thing: I’m a fiend for watching a side in blue and white play well and score goals. Stick it in my veins.

Lots of little things that could be picked at and you suspect Swansea aren’t a barometer for doing well in this league, but it’s just nice to see us play well, so far. Again for 45, please.

• Like 1