BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

Its match day and I still cannot see the option to buy from RoversTV a matchday pass to watch the Swansea game.

I can buy the full season International Video Pass at 170 quid.

I don't want that. I want to buy a single matchday pass to RoversTV to try it out.

So in summary ...... I will be watching the game and I will not have paid the 170, or anything else for that matter.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

First day of the season which is normally one of the best days in the football calendar. Every club starts off the same and dreams and aspirations abound but today my feelings are different. I'm going today having bought a season ticket this week but I just feel disconnected from something that's has been a fundamental part of mine, my families and friends lives for decades. There are many reasons for this but the common denominator in these reasons is the owners who have decimated almost every aspect of the club in their decade of destruction and today that will culminate in our lowest opening day attendance in decades. And I still hear of people (I don't know any personally) who believe that they are good for our club. It's incredible to think that lots of fans will be happy with a fourth bottom placing before a ball is kicked. Sad times indeed.

I expect Mowbray today to once again be too clever and come up with over complicated systems and tactics whilst having square pegs in round holes. Swansea are in a bit of disarray so it could be a first day six pointer. Wow.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They tweeted something about it not being shown as it had been selected for live overseas broadcast yesterday. Not sure if that was just for UK based subscribers or what though tbh as paid little attention!

My understanding is that applies to any countries which are broadcasting the game but Unsold/Dark countries (those which have no broadcasting agreement with the EFL) get it - as was the case with iFollow and is covered/agreed in the new RoversTV FAQs.

It not on in the UK as its a Saturday 3pm game post Covid broadcasting arrangements.

I most certainly would not pay the 170 quid season fee for the International Video Pass if there was any possibility of it not being shown where allowed.

A bit of arse and elbow at play here methinks.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

First day of the season which is normally one of the best days in the football calendar. Every club starts off the same and dreams and aspirations abound but today my feelings are different. I'm going today having bought a season ticket this week but I just feel disconnected from something that's has been a fundamental part of mine, my families and friends lives for decades. There are many reasons for this but the common denominator in these reasons is the owners who have decimated almost every aspect of the club in their decade of destruction and today that will culminate in our lowest opening day attendance in decades. And I still hear of people (I don't know any personally) who believe that they are good for our club. It's incredible to think that lots of fans will be happy with a fourth bottom placing before a ball is kicked. Sad times indeed.

I expect Mowbray today to once again be too clever and come up with over complicated systems and tactics whilst having square pegs in round holes. Swansea are in a bit of disarray so it could be a first day six pointer. Wow.

A WhatsApp group I’m in was absolutely buzzing for the new season last night. Fair enough, especially after the last 18 months.  I’m certainly looking forward to getting into my old pre match routine, couple of pints, the walk down Livesey Branch etc.

But the season itself? A three quarter empty Ewood (not today, as there will be plenty of walk ons, but certainly as the campaign progresses), the same stale people going through the motions, the undoubted fractious scenes in the stands, the probable resurrection of the disgraceful shenanigans over Brockhall and the decent chances of a relegation battle, just makes me feel completely deflated.

But hey ho, it’s my cross to bear and I’m clinging to the hope that one day, the club will begin to resemble a professional, proud institution again and there’s enough of a fanbase and infrastructure left to re-build from.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A WhatsApp group I’m in was absolutely buzzing for the new season last night. Fair enough, especially after the last 18 months.  I’m certainly looking forward to getting into my old pre match routine, couple of pints, the walk down Livesey Branch etc.

But the season itself? A three quarter empty Ewood (not today, as there will be plenty of walk ons, but certainly as the campaign progresses), the same stale people going through the motions, the undoubted fractious scenes in the stands, the probable resurrection of the disgraceful shenanigans over Brockhall and the decent chances of a relegation battle, just makes me feel completely deflated.

But hey ho, it’s my cross to bear and I’m clinging to the hope that one day, the club will begin to resemble a professional, proud institution again and there’s enough of a fanbase and infrastructure left to re-build from.

Today I am a walk-on for the first time in a while.

Don't know if this has been picked up anywhere else but Rovers have added a code of conduct applicable to today's game:

Code of conduct

Following the outbreak of Covid-19 the Club have made a number of changes to the way we operate.  We look forward to welcoming our fans back to Ewood Park for season 2021/22 but in order to assist us, and to help protect you, your fellow supporters and our staff, we kindly request that you follow the guidelines set out below:

• You must not attend any match if you are self-isolating or have symptoms of Covid-19.
  • You must provide contact details at the point of ticket sale and produce photographic ID prior to entry to the stadium if requested to do so. .
  • Supporters should try to observe social distancing in all parts of the stadium including car parks where able to do so.
  • Arrive early to allow sufficient time to go through all necessary entry procedures. Turnstiles will open 1½  hours before kick-off.
  • Before attending the ground, make sure you know where your entry point is.
  • We would ask you to continue to wear a mask on your approach to the entry point and at all times when in in public areas.
  • Avoid blocking stairwells or entry and exit points.
  • If you need to leave your seat, wait for a time when the gangway is clear
  • If you are in a concourse area, remain aware of the movements of others.
  • Maintain good hygiene – wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face whenever possible.
  • Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
  • At all times, children under 12 must be supervised by a responsible adultboth inside and outside the stadium.
  • Extreme care should be taken when shouting, singing, celebrating or otherwise.
  • Ensure that other members of your party have read and understood these guidelines.
  • Be respectful to those around you and mindful of individual circumstances that may differ from your own.
  • Only contactless payments will be accepted in the ground.
  • Should the ball enter the stands you should not throw it to a player or onto the field of play. To allow for sanitisation protocol to be adhered to it should be returned to a member of the ball team who will be clearly located at the front of all four stands.
  • You must not request players to participate in photographs/selfies or autographs either inside or outside of the stadium. Also, players will not be throwing shirts/gloves or other items into the crowd.

Not interested in going today in the slightest. Seeing Mowbray’s gurning face in his pre match ramblings about opening day fixtures just puts me right off. Few weeks ago I thought I’d go regardless to give him shit when we churn out the usual dross and that’s clearly not the best attitude to go with in the first place but just can’t be arsed. Shambles of a club.

Lions vs saffas and England vs India for me today. 2 decent alternatives but if neither game was on something would be better then watching Mowbray’s Ewood park circus.

In fact out of 20 or so people I know that watch rovers (not together). Only 2 are going. Some aren’t in the area, others might go if hadn’t already made plans but the fact they’re even making plans speaks volumes of where rovers now rank in their lives.

Edited by matt83

Mixed feelings aboug today. I almost wish I hadn't been to the Leeds game, as its taken away from that first game back excitement 😂. Swansea are in a similar if not worse situation than ourselves. So we should be beating these lot don't care who or how. Get it done and get some signings in before deadline day. 

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Not interested in going today in the slightest. Seeing Mowbray’s gurning face in his pre match ramblings about opening day fixtures just puts me right off. Few weeks ago I thought I’d go regardless to give him shit when we churn out the usual dross and that’s clearly not the best attitude to go with in the first place but just can’t be arsed. Shambles of a club.

Lions vs saffas and England vs India for me today. 2 decent alternatives but if neither game was on something would be better then watching Mowbray’s Ewood park circus.

In fact out of 20 or so people I know that watch rovers (not together). Only 2 are going. Some aren’t in the area, others might go if hadn’t already made plans but the fact they’re even making plans speaks volumes of where rovers now rank in their lives.

I saw him on BBC Northern news on TV last night. They were doing a round up of the local championship clubs. Both of the managers at Blackpool and Preston were reasonably optimistic and enthusiastic about the coming season. Then you had Mowbray gurning his way through the interview.

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Just read the reply to the David Edgar thread . Attendance first home game 1973-74 season 8,600 ish. That's the level we could well be back to today.

I’d be astonished if get more than that. Opening day, unprecedented (outside of war) of not being a competitive game for 18 months by rights there should be 18,000 home fans on. I’m going for 7,500 home fans plus whatever Swansea bring. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Just read the reply to the David Edgar thread . Attendance first home game 1973-74 season 8,600 ish. That's the level we could well be back to today.

It really doesn't matter what the gate is, or the apathy that pollutes every thread on this site, thousands of Rovers fans will be heading down Bolton Road this afternoon delighted to be back after over 500 days in exile, I just wish I was one of them.

• Like 3

Looking forward to attending the first game although I don't think this squad is anywhere near strong enough.

Really hope we keep hold of Rothy as he does offer something most other players don't..... exciting play!

Kaminski

Nyambe      Leni         Ayala       Pickerin

Travis    Davenport

Dolan           Buckley        Rothy

Gally       Diaz

Edited after player fitness update from Tyrone 

Edited by Doug

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’d be astonished if get more than that. Opening day, unprecedented (outside of war) of not being a competitive game for 18 months by rights there should be 18,000 home fans on. I’m going for 7,500 home fans plus whatever Swansea bring. 

We always sell more than 1500 walk ons on a Saturday, I imagine there will be at least double that sold today - opening day, post lockdowns novelty etc, so with 6,000 ST holders, I imagine we might get close to around 10k home fans - still piss poor, and the most depressing thing is we will rarely sell that amount again for the rest of the season (the 7,500 home fans you predicted will very much be the norm).

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Looking forward to attending the first game although I don't think this squad is anywhere near strong enough.

Really hope we keep hold of Rothy as he does offer something most other players don't..... exciting play!

Kaminski

Nyambe      Leni         Ayala       Pickerin

Travis     Johnson

JRC            Buckley        Rothy

Gally       Diaz

JRC and Johnson are both injured and two weeks away from contention apparently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

It really doesn't matter what the gate is, or the apathy that pollutes every thread on this site, thousands of Rovers fans will be heading down Bolton Road this afternoon delighted to be back after over 500 days in exile, I just wish I was one of them.

It does matter what the gate is Gav. It is probably the truest barometer of where we are as a club. At a normal club low attendances would send shock waves through to the owners and senior management. We get excuses like 'we have tried' as an excuse for ther ineptitude. In fact I would be surprised if the owners had any idea on season ticket sales and attendances.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

In fact I would be surprised if the owners had any idea on season ticket sales and attendances.

They must have visibility of what the revenue figures are and how they're made up.

Whether they're actually bothered to understand or challenge them though is another matter.

• Backroom

The start of a new season is always something I look forward to on a general level. As far as Rovers are concerned I have no confidence in or respect for the management team, so my only hope for this season is that we somehow scrape enough points to survive. If Mowbray resigns or is sacked that is sadly likely to be the highlight of the season. Not holding my breath on that though. 

• Like 1