BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 7/8/21

Actually looking forward to the game and seeing what this young side can do.

As for the rest of it i pretty much feel like i did before Bowyers last season.  You hope it might be different but really you know exactly how it'll pan out.

And the worst thing of it all is listening to the main protagonist of it and watching the same stuff he churns out but tries to spin it under a different headline.

The hidden positives though are Corry Evans has been taken away from him as has Elliot Bennett. So that little bit of predictability is removed at least.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

First time I’ve posted on here for 18 months. I’m personally looking forward to today. I think the gate will surpass 10,000. I can only speak for my circle of mates but whilst a lot haven’t got season tickets, most are paying on the day today. Indeed a couple who were moaning that they weren’t going have buckled this morning. I sincerely hope that’s a pattern which follows amongst other local fans this morning. 

This is why it’s imperative Mowbray gets them fired up today (I have little faith that will happen!). We haven’t won the opener for 10 years. A win today and an entertaining game could boost season ticket sales. Swansea have had a torrid pre season and now is the best time to play them.

I’ve read through all the moaning and whining on here about various reasons why fans aren’t going. As tempting as it is to watch the cricket at home, I feel duty bound to go and support my local club. I accept the club are a complete shambles from top to bottom but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else today other than Ewood.

Across the Twitter and Facebook spectrum our fanbase is getting dogs abuse due to the pathetic 6k season tickets sold. Fans of Bolton, Coventry, etc who’ve sold a lot more season tickets than us, and had it a lot tougher than us in recent years, aren’t interested in the ‘venkys’ excuses. They just think we have a terrible ‘tin pot’ fan base.

I raise this hoping it at least galvanises 1-2 folk on here to cave in and get to Ewood today! 

• Like 9

Rovers Radio returns with the pre-match show at 12:00 today.

If you’re of a positive persuasion it might not be for you!

We do have a couple of guests though, and I had the pleasure of speaking to Michael Hodkinson about his new book chronicling the story of the East Lancs derby, as well as Scott Sumner from 4,000 holes.

Some good music too!

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

9242A5E8-B433-4000-B024-58BA8E4B631A.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, david brent said:

Across the Twitter and Facebook spectrum our fanbase is getting dogs abuse due to the pathetic 6k season tickets sold. Fans of Bolton, Coventry, etc who’ve sold a lot more season tickets than us, and had it a lot tougher than us in recent years, aren’t interested in the ‘venkys’ excuses. They just think we have a terrible ‘tin pot’ fan base.

You know, I used to really care what other fans thought of us, how they were often misinformed etc and needed correcting.

Now I really don’t, every club and fanbase has its unique issues. Crowds wax and wane everywhere (well, not here it’s been a fairly clear graph over a decade) over a whole host of issues. So today’s ‘tinpot club’ is some other one this time next year.

29 minutes ago, Doug said:

Looking forward to attending the first game although I don't think this squad is anywhere near strong enough.

Really hope we keep hold of Rothy as he does offer something most other players don't..... exciting play!

Kaminski

Nyambe      Leni         Ayala       Pickerin

Travis    Davenport

Dolan           Buckley        Rothy

Gally       Diaz

Edited after player fitness update from Tyrone 

Should definitely win with all those players!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Should definitely win with all those players!

Brilliant, I can't count now!! Age is taking it's toll me thinks, but it should've guaranteed a win!!

Kaminski, Nyambe, Leni, Ayala, Pickerin, Travis, Buckley, Rothy, Dolan, Gally and Big Ben...... that's 11.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ll be surprised if Ayala plays today.

I'm not editing it again I've already put 2 injured players in, then fielded 12 players....he's playing even if he has a broken leg!! 

Edited by Doug
  • Like 5

Well we have no new signings and according to the manager haven't worked on a style of play (and presumably alongside it tactics as they go hand in hand.) Anywhere else both would see heads roll, here it's business as usual. 

That said if we had to play anyone in said circumstances Swansea is as good as any. A new manager whose selling point is his philosophy over any achievements and a squad that has seen wholesale.changes too. All in all great first opponents for us. 

Ben will be on a high from his summer antics, the youngsters will have something to prove and be fired up. All in all I'm convinced we will get something from the game. Of course said enthusiasm won't last long but it will last longer than today, I feel especially given the opposition will be tentative. 

With both clubs liking to pass it around the back pointlessly I feel it could be a boring game but I think home field and enthusiasm will take us over the line. 2-1 Rovers. 

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'm not editing it again I've already put 2 injured players in, then fielded 12 players....he's playing even if he has a broken leg!! 

Is that a direct quote from Tony Mowbray ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

Travelling with my 5 year old for only his 2nd game today. We usually park around a mile from the ground.

Would we be able to park in one of the car parks directly next to the ground? Or do we require some sort of car parking season ticket for that? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by robbo_rovers
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You know, I used to really care what other fans thought of us, how they were often misinformed etc and needed correcting.

Now I really don’t, every club and fanbase has its unique issues. Crowds wax and wane everywhere (well, not here it’s been a fairly clear graph over a decade) over a whole host of issues. So today’s ‘tinpot club’ is some other one this time next year.

Coventry and Bolton fans having digs means absolute diddly squat they were ALL conspicuous by their absence at times in the past when their clubs were on the slide.

It is the hypocritical fickle nature of some fans of clubs like those who suddenly start getting the bollocks out when their clubs are on the up again.  Waste of space even entertaining them as you say.

Besides per head of population Rovers still have and always have had better support than them.  Coventry in particular even going back to their Prem days is shocking given the size of the place.

Feck em.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead

Do people really give a shiny shite what Bolton fans think? With the state of their accents? Christ. It sounds like someone from East Lancs has suffered some head trauma.

Gimps.

• Like 4

!!! just a heads up to the dozens of people/lazy cheap skates that normaly park on and around the animal trust/manxman car park(and grass😠).... 

The vets is now open 7 days a week so the carpark will be busy and full of pet owners so please use your brains and be considerate enough to park elsewhere so that you do not disrupt the vet practices goings on. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robbo_rovers said:

Travelling with my 5 year old for only his 2nd game today. We usually park around a mile from the ground.

Would we be able to park in one of the car parks directly next to the ground? Or do we require some sort of car parking season ticket for that? Thanks in advance. 

Parked at the Blackburn End Car Park season before last and it cost me £10 on entry.

• Like 1