BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

In answering your question I do not know what last years proposed works were on the pitch what I do know is this years work is enhanced, more lighting equipment to supplement the jw side of the pitch due to the height of the stand . There is a new boiler system and energy supply system , it’s greener and cost effective and helps the pitch recover quickly, the riverside had had drains reconfigured due to the overflows into the river adjacent to the stand and there is now a better fertiliser in place again to assist the pitch recovery. The new weave is across both ends of the pitch and should sustain it far better than it ever has in recent times . 
Inekll say again to the likes of Damo who persists in believing this hasn’t happened I’ve given you the specifics now go and disprove them because if you can then I can go out there in public and name and shame the people I have spoken to as being liars and I am sure the multimillion pound company won’t be too happy about that😅

With respect, you aren't a credible source - this isn't the lots in black and white is it?  You're an alias on a fans message board, people would be crackers if they just believed what they read on here.  I'm surprised the club haven't communicated the works done, particularly given the criticism levelled at them in recent years for the poor playing surface and the absolute state of Ewood generally. 

Would be good to have Waggot or the club communicate the works carried out,  

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I’ve given you the facts as I know to be true. You have given nothing to dispute it other than what you understand from speculation and rumour I would suggest that it is now for you to underpin your claim with factual evidence to disprove what I have outlined. If you don’t believe a full weave has been undertaken across the goalmouths, new additional Lighting, better and more expensive fertiliser and power management of the undersoil heating pop your clogs down to Ewood and get the answers first hand

So you're now changing the goalposts, the 'full' weave you've harped on about is only the goal areas now which most fans know as they did the same last season.

It seems only you know otherwise, I've done my research and can find absolutely nothing to back up your claims that you seem unable to evidence. 

I call BS lad, but please it's not for me to unearth your lies, on the contrary, it's up to you to prove your 'ITK' nonsense is accurate.

I'll wait for the predictable response. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

In answering your question I do not know what last years proposed works were on the pitch what I do know is this years work is enhanced, more lighting equipment to supplement the jw side of the pitch due to the height of the stand . There is a new boiler system and energy supply system , it’s greener and cost effective and helps the pitch recover quickly, the riverside had had drains reconfigured due to the overflows into the river adjacent to the stand and there is now a better fertiliser in place again to assist the pitch recovery. The new weave is across both ends of the pitch and should sustain it far better than it ever has in recent times . 
Inekll say again to the likes of Damo who persists in believing this hasn’t happened I’ve given you the specifics now go and disprove them because if you can then I can go out there in public and name and shame the people I have spoken to as being liars and I am sure the multimillion pound company won’t be too happy about that😅

As mentioned from my post earlier in thread, with sources and quotes:

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This was the article prior to the reconstruction at the final stages of planning:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19124191.rovers-ceo-outlines-2m-ewood-park-pitch-renovations-plans/

This was from the fans forum in May 2021:

"TS stated that at the last meeting the club were in the process of tendering for a complete reconstruction of the pitch at Ewood Park. SW added that a preferred supplier had been selected with a budget of close to £2m. Unfortunately, the economic situation in India and the amount of ongoing support the owners had been making through the pandemic meant that they were unwilling to approve the expenditure for a full refurbishment."

I may be mistaken and maybe that has happened, the total renovation, but I don't think so? If so then I hold my hands up but I suspect it would have been promoted on the official site and in the LT.

The intention was the first total renovation of the pitch in 30 years, costing £2m, but the owners were unwilling to fund it in the end.

Some of the improvements that you mention could be perhaps above the standard maintenance but they don't compare to the initially intended renovation.

Common sense also dictates that you wouldn't need to email/arrange meetings with the club to hear about such improvements. If the pitch was totally renovated as initially intended, then it would have been all over the website, the social media and the LT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I had a stadium tour on fathers day and the pitch was looking good, the guide also showed us the new weave and light units so can confirm 🙂

• Like 1

Whilst the work is welcome i think it's pretty standard stuff most clubs have to get on with.

Ewood is a bit awkward being where it is next to the river and the huge JW stand blocking out half the daylight.  However when you are cancelling games and losing grass that affects players (Mowbray excuse 1631) it simply has to be done.

Necessity rather than luxury and the only way to do it properly is ask the name over the door to pay the extra.  They don't lease it it's their asset and their responsibility for upkeep and so it can function as it should.

• Like 3

I think most football clubs have what they call 'desso pitches' now, or hybrid. In that artificial grass is stitched into the actual grass.

It is pretty popular across Europe due to the ever changing conditions. I wonder how much it would cost to install? I can't imagine it would cost over £2m. Does Ewood have this system or are we purely grass?
If we are grass only then we are about 10 years behind the curve. Which isn't surprising given the utter neglect the Owners and various board members have shown our grounds

We should all remember that maintenance and ground repairs fall outside the FFP rules. If Venky's wanted they could put us the best pitch money could buy; if they wanted to they could fix the leaks and renovate the Riverside.

They don't want to and that's the problem

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

have you email the club about the pitch improvements?

No need as it seems the weave is now only the goal area which was known from last season.

Appreciate your concern though.

• Like 1

I cannot comprehend why seemingly beneficial (non-routine) maintenance/improvement of the much maligned playing surface would not be communicated to the fan base.  Surely it would be seen as more positive news and a sign of progression  in this new era for the club.

Or perhaps it's just the fact that it may be viewed as a big step-down from the level of investment promised some 20 or so months ago....

• Like 5

Really dispiriting interview with Waggott in the LT today.

Lots of psycho babble, waffle and moaning about operating from 3 bases. (Sounds like Brockhall is still under threat if he gets his way eventually)  Edit: Do they communicate by telegram? Can they not pick up the bloody phone to one another?

Also part of the budget for players taken up with players already here. What does that even mean?

And what's the point of Broughton if he has to go trailing back to Waggott for approval on everything?

Sounds like an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy and Waggott trying to make it appear like he actually does something worthwhile and is indispensable.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really dispiriting interview with Waggott in the LT today.

Lots of psycho babble, waffle and moaning about operating from 3 bases. (Sounds like Brockhall is still under threat if he gets his way eventually)

Also part of the budget for players taken up with players already here. What does that even mean?

And what's the point of Broughton if he has to go trailing back to Waggott for approval on everything?

Sounds like an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy and Waggott trying to make it appear like he actually does something worthwhile and is indispensable.

If only those who give hope that positive change is afoot actually judged employees on performance.