BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

13 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Chaddy has come back as many would have predicted, with a glowing reference for Waggott, no information of any substance other than confirming bits of the pitch have been stitched and season ticket sales are a secret,  and a closed door approach of 'I won't be answering any questions on the matter'.  

As people did in fact predict...

On 02/07/2022 at 14:30, bluebruce said:

You do realise who you are talking to? All Swag has to do is talk 'positively', which he will because he is the club's CEO and a snake oil salesman, and Chaddy will be eating out of his hand.

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

It also shouldn't be a pen pushing corporate suit CEO's place to decide on the likes of Lenihen that's for the football people to decide.

Either he's trying to squirm out of him leaving or he was the one non too keen on giving him bigger offers when they should have done, 12 months ago.

100%, not for him to be commenting on footballing matters.

Suspect it was a defensive mechanism to portray the player and/or his representative as having ideas beyond their stations. It works to an extent, the common impression that people have about Nyambe is that the fault lies at his agents door.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I certainly learnt a lot from each meeting,

Be that talking to Hunt, Newsome, Coar, Beamish ,Shaw, Agnew, Singh, Silvester, Myers, Silk, Cheston.

It was difficult at times especially when I became elected Chairman of the AG, as you'd have to put members thoughts across (which you didnt always agree with yourself) however you would address these with the same passion and delivery, as if they were your own thoughts.

That being said ,i'm quite a straight talker and will always say it as it is,  will re-direct a questions if I feel the answer is default and quite clearly not answering what is being asked.

I dont get overwhelmed in meeting with anyone, and remain respectful and professional in meetings. I always tend to have back up to questions I ask, which is why they always found life most uncomfortable and ultimately are no longer here. 

Responses are rather predictable, which means, I dont make the questions predictable.

I recall Paul Agnew sitting in Jacks chair and spurting how BRFCS, Twitter and the Action Group wont get rid of him. I did point out to him, that I will save that comment for a book, and would ask him his thoughts again in 6 months, however it would be unlikely he be still here. He was removed 4 months later!!!

I will add, everyone is different and whoever you meet in the main are welcoming. The fear that they may break off communication can play on your mind a little, but then you get over that, as you realise your time and effort is worth far more to you than being fed garbage

Given i'm no longer representative of anyone bar me, then I will certainly be asking everything which is currently concerning me

"Paul Agnew, sitting in Jack's chair"...It makes me physically sick!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Haha, what a load of rubbish.  If a poster says he's going to meet the CEO of the club it's quite natural people are going to want to know what was discussed, especially considering the general lack of trust and confidence towards the boardroom.  You do know this is a message board for people that support BRFC don't you?  We're likely to be interested.   

Chaddy has come back as many would have predicted, with a glowing reference for Waggott, no information of any substance other than confirming bits of the pitch have been stitched and season ticket sales are a secret,  and a closed door approach of 'I won't be answering any questions on the matter'.  

And so what? If you’ve got burning questions for Steve Waggot you’d be better placed to take some initiative and ask them, rather than pouring scorn on someone who has the initiative to set up their own meeting. Much easier to gripe and moan from behind a keyboard though isn’t it?

• Like 2

Very enthusiastic fan has meeting with very charming club executive… it was obviously only going to go one way, which is fair enough and I hope he got something out of it. I did something similar with JW back in the day

It more made me laugh how the he has had half the board eating out of his hands all week in anticipation of an actual forensic interrogation of the CEO, by Chaddy, in his own office 😁

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

And so what? If you’ve got burning questions for Steve Waggot you’d be better placed to take some initiative and ask them, rather than pouring scorn on someone who has the initiative to set up their own meeting. Much easier to gripe and moan from behind a keyboard though isn’t it?

This is true, I agree with you and tbf, it's something we should all bear in mind. I did wish Chaddy luck yesterday, appreciating that he had taken the time to email Waggott. But the fact that he's now come back the conquering hero and won't share any details is OBVIOUSLY going to get the backs up of a lot of people on here.  He did also say he would report back after the meeting, which barring a very shallow overview, he hasn't done. 

As others have said, why even mention it in the first place?  The fanbase is extremely frustrated, quite rightly in my opinion after 12 years of absolute shite from the ownership.   Others have come on here regaling their meetings with the wonderful Mr Waggott. before clamming up with mysterious, snipey answers should anyone dare to question their unwavering support of the current regime. 

• Like 2

Great things are happening at this club. Not on the pitch but behind the scenes just wait and see. I can’t tell you what though because it’s a secret and I pinky swore with Swag that I wouldn’t. Just wait and see. If only you knew  

The only issue is these sort of claims have a shelf life. I think Darren was the first that I can recall a couple of years ago being throughly impressed with meetings with club officials. What happened next - naff all. Then there was someone else with cryptic cloak and dagger everything is great comments. What happened next - naff all. Well not nothing we are entering a new season in 11 days with no signings having lost 6 first xi players. Now chaddy is impressed. Note the date because I tell you what will have happened by the 19th of July 2023 - naff all. 

• Like 5

Waggott is here to "handle" the fans. At the same time justifying his salary by screwing the same fans for every penny he can dream up. He turns up to fans meetings, appears in the Telegraph from time to time and will have a brew with people and tell them what they want to hear.

Before Waggott rocked up there was only Mike Cheston left to handle the media and fans, and despite trying their best to persevere with that it started to attract unwanted attention, especially when he publicly admitted the Coyle appointment had been made by someone else and presided over a series of comical meetings. They even wheeled Bob Coar out to make the numbers up.

But the important part is that the cowards in India and their lacky on the ground stay silent.

Nothing Waggott says is of any use to anyone. It probably isn't true and even if it is he can't promise or guarantee anything. He's a puppet for the real culprits.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Always happy to buy anyone a beer, and meet fellow supporters, feel free to say hello as im either in blues or fanzone at all home games

I’ll vouch for this - I always take a beer off him!

• Like 1

It’s probably better to think of Swag as more a con-man than CEO. He preys upon fans loyalty and the uses the power of persuasion to take advantage of unsuspecting fans by telling them everything they want to hear. There’s no shame in being fooled by him. Con artists often prey on people’s trust and willingness to believe what they wish was true.

For all those who have had one on one meetings with him, or group meetings in an environment of the trust or fans forum and were impressed by him. Just ask yourself what if anything he said that you liked actually came to fruition. I’d wager nothing. Or alternatively considering everything that’s happened on his watch pleases you then for the love of god raise the low bar of expectations. 

• Like 3

Many people have met Alan Nixon and said he's a nice guy happy to chat off record etc.

Nobody knows what's true and what isn't but we do know that on the record 75% of his stuff never comes true and a lot of it is made up.  That's his job he's a spin doctor so just apply the same principles to Waggot as at the end of the day his job is to spin and shield the club and others in it from further probing.

No need to look any further than the bumbling interview after the training ground stuff had been rumbled.  It was Boris Johnsonesqe.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Here's a thought for today.

During Waggott's tenure to date he has probably earned been paid more than lots of Rovers do in a lifetime of work.

Fixed that for you 😉

Lol, waggot probably thought he'd spoken to someone who'd won a competition and then spent the rest of the day a bit miffed that a fan who'd requested a meeting with him to ask some hard hitting questions didn't bother turning up.