BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

On 27/06/2022 at 15:33, tomphil said:

Whilst the work is welcome i think it's pretty standard stuff most clubs have to get on with.

Ewood is a bit awkward being where it is next to the river and the huge JW stand blocking out half the daylight.  However when you are cancelling games and losing grass that affects players (Mowbray excuse 1631) it simply has to be done.

Interesting. Have there ever been any proposals to rotate Ewood?

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also part of the budget for players taken up with players already here. What does that even mean?

And what's the point of Broughton if he has to go trailing back to Waggott for approval on everything?

Reading the above makes me fearful of another Lambert situation. I can all too easily  forsee a situation at some point in the season where Broughton and JDT simply walk out due to the sheer incompetence and bloody mindedness of their bosses.

Please God, can't they pull themselves together just once?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Got a reply and a meeting has been set up for a couple of weeks time with Waggott

Tread carefully Chaddy.  It's divide and conquer - you get cake they take your soul.

"Everything is great, look at what we have planned. Sign this NDA and send your friends to see me" 

The Church of Venky. Don't drink the Kool-Aid

As with all people, I judge Waggot on what he does, not on what he says he's going to do.

On entering Ewood against QPR, I fully expect to still see rust everywhere, paint flaking off stair rails, turnstiles not open, refreshment kiosks shut, and an exorbitant price list.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I hope you see through the bullshit and actually grill him 

You do realise who you are talking to? All Swag has to do is talk 'positively', which he will because he is the club's CEO and a snake oil salesman, and Chaddy will be eating out of his hand.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

As with all people, I judge Waggot on what he does, not on what he says he's going to do.

On entering Ewood against QPR, I fully expect to still see rust everywhere, paint flaking off stair rails, turnstiles not open, refreshment kiosks shut, and an exorbitant price list.

For once the club will not fail to meet your expectations. 

• Like 1

Wish this metaverse mob would kindly depart for there and leave me a world where I don't have to listen to them tbh. Can't price a meat and potato pie right but can download the Riverside as an NFT. Aye, righto.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GHR said:

Wish this metaverse mob would kindly depart for there and leave me a world where I don't have to listen to them tbh. Can't price a meat and potato pie right but can download the Riverside as an NFT. Aye, righto.

Just had to Google, ‘What Is a NFT?

For anyone of my age or similar (64), don’t bother. It may as well have been written in whatever language they speak in Borneo.

• Like 1

To  have fan engagement you need a fan base to engage with whether it's in stadium or on the web.

Is there some parallel universe in which Rovers have a substantial fan base desperate to acquire NFTs etc etc on a scale that makes it commercially worthwhile.

Well just maybe if we were a sustainable PL club.

Rebuild our fanbase and get to the PL first you fucking halfwits.

And sack that dipstick in Commercial before he totally destroys us. 

I have come across some insane ideas in my many years on this planet but these nutcases at Ewood have triggered me bigtime.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

For anyone of my age or similar (64), don’t bother. It may as well have been written in whatever language they speak in Borneo.

Non-Fungible Token.

Easiest way to describe an expert is if you play a racing game, you can buy an NFT that makes your car look like a Rovers car. That kind of thing.

Virtual equivalent of pointless tat.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

You need suspension of disbelief and then it all becomes clear.

A way of taking real money for something that cost nowt to make.

Think South Sea Bubble.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GHR said:

Agreed! My consistent response to 'Generation Tech' is to ask, "What happens if the power goes off?" 

Give me a good old fashioned analogue experience all day, any day of the week. Football is quintessentially a spectator sport, where the essence of the experience of being a club supporter can only be experienced in first person, in the open air in real time. (IMHO).

Bill Gates recently stated his belief that NFTs are "100% based on the "greater fool theory" - Google it - think Pyramid & Ponzi.

Factor in lack of legal recourse and lack of copyright strength to name just 2 of the flaws and there you have what the genius running Commercial is excited about, and presumably his immediate boss too.

#RightClickClub

Edited by AllRoverAsia

14 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

From what little I understand of it, NFTs are like those certificates you can buy to 'own' a star and name it. You can claim to have it, name it after your dog and all that, but you can't really do anything with it, or say any life found near it should pay you rent. You own the web address of the badly drawn computer generated picture, but not the actual picture, which can be copied, printed out, turned into a screenshot by anyone without any legal ramifications.

It's all a big con that sucks in the stupid people like Seth Green (the actor who does a voice or two on family guy), or another way to launder money.

• Like 3

As someone who works in IT, specifically Data Management, I can see the 'benefit' of NFT's for things such as the UCL final etc. However, they don't need to be an NFT. The tickets for Euro 2020 that were on an app worked perfectly well... NFT's are in short, a load of bollocks and their value will disappear as quickly as it's appeared, because it's essentially made up.

• Like 5

Yep another flash in the pan that will probably struggle to cover the cost of implementing it and paying wages for those doing it.

It's naff all to do with the football side of things and just another fad that keeps the commercial dept in wages and it will contribute nothing to the playing side of things.