BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quick update. 

Good meeting with Steve Waggott. good guy 

He answered all my questions and was very personable. 

the pitch has been improve and a number of areas have been stitched up to help the quality of the pitch throughout the season. So money has been spend on the pitch as others have said. 

ST sales have been good and better than start of last season first home game. I won't given exactly figures. Not my place to. 

I was happy what I heard about how the new footballing structure brought in(I said I agree and wanted this structure in place for some time) and how we identify players and scouting. I won't go into exact details as it not my place or position to. Just for the record I didn't asked for specific names or positions we want signings in as I didn't arrange the meeting for this purpose or wanted to asked those questions to him. 

I praised the club on keeping its Category 1 status and being the only club in the championship who has this. It is important part of the club football strategy going forward and vital for our club.  Spoken about the good prospects coming through now and how good it is for the future of the club 

Also just for the record I won't be answering any questions on the meeting. 

Have you been sworn to secrecy?

What questions did you ask?

Did you count your fingers after you'd shook hands?

Was he waving bye bye when you left?

Do you feel you've been sucked in at all?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I also find it strange @chaddyrovers that you feel that it is "not your place" to share season ticket sale numbers.

Did Waggott ask you to keep it confidential or is that of your choosing?

He has taken up a supporters request for a meeting and told you the number, if his intention was to keep it private then he has messed up by telling a fan in the first place!

I think even though he seemingly just gives people lip service that it is good that he is willing to meet with fans, although I do wonder if it is because he knows he can charm people with words to cover up shoddy actions. I might be remembering incorrectly but didn't you say @1864roverite that he was essentially slagging off Lenihan to fans saying how he is never a Premier League defender and he told him as such after the 7 nil loss? In my view, that sort of conversation is totally unprofessional and quite frankly unacceptable.

It also shouldn't be a pen pushing corporate suit CEO's place to decide on the likes of Lenihen that's for the football people to decide.

Either he's trying to squirm out of him leaving or he was the one non too keen on giving him bigger offers when they should have done, 12 months ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silas said:

Read like that to me too.

Money has been spent on the pitch came across like me telling my wife I've hoovered the living room.

Sure, the hoover entered that room, what it achieved while there is very much up for debate. 

Is that a euphemism? 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 12:11, MarkBRFC said:

I have a feeling you will come out of this meeting as a huge Steve Waggott fan.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quick update. 

the pitch has been improve and a number of areas have been stitched up to help the quality of the pitch throughout the season. So money has been spend on the pitch as others have said. 

ST sales have been good and better than start of last season first home game. I won't given exactly figures. Not my place to. 

I was happy what I heard about how the new footballing structure brought in(I said I agree and wanted this structure in place for some time) and how we identify players and scouting. I won't go into exact details as it not my place or position to. Just for the record I didn't asked for specific names or positions we want signings in as I didn't arrange the meeting for this purpose or wanted to asked those questions to him. 

I praised the club on keeping its Category 1 status and being the only club in the championship who has this. It is important part of the club football strategy going forward and vital for our club.  Spoken about the good prospects coming through now and how good it is for the future of the club 

As predicted 😁

• Like 4

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

We got the numbers for season tickets at the fans forum tonight. They’ll be in the minutes when they’re released.

I really hope there was one or two tough questions for Waggott at the Forum last night.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quick update. 

Could you divulge the questions that you asked, even if you aren't prepared to publish the answers?  Be interesting to know what subjects/areas you prioritised.

• Like 1

Waggott was always going to run rings around Chaddy, he's not got where he is without having the ability to schmooze people who could challenge him much more than Chaddy could - no offence intended. He'll never do more than window dress as that's what he is paid to do. Another symptom of the Venky disease, him and his ilk will be involved and around the club until the wretches sell. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

How much money did Wag earn during this meeting? Worth every penny. 

And how much has Swag paid for his season ticket? We will have supporters who don't earn much paying a lot for theirs but our man Swag gets free admission. He was picking up his complimentary ticket at Celtic on Saturday. And he's only on £300k.

10 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Waggott was always going to run rings around Chaddy, he's not got where he is without having the ability to schmooze people who could challenge him much more than Chaddy could - no offence intended. He'll never do more than window dress as that's what he is paid to do. Another symptom of the Venky disease, him and his ilk will be involved and around the club until the wretches sell. 

Totally agree.  No intention to belittle Chaddy, but Waggot will be in his element convincing people to like him.  An office based schmooze is his perfect environment. He's not got to his salary level without being able to win people over.  Most posters on here would probably struggle to really nail him in a one-2-one meeting - it would certainly take a huge amount of prior research and fact checking to ensure you went in well armed.  

Glen will probably give as good as he's got nowadays, but interested to know with the benefit of hindsight whether he felt out of his depth when he first met with whoever the fuck was in charge all those years ago. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

How much money did Wag earn during this meeting? Worth every penny. 

Based on the alleged £300,000 / yr salary and him having a 1 hour meeting with Chaddy, it cost Rovers roughly £150 for the meeting. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Totally agree.  No intention to belittle Chaddy, but Waggot will be in his element convincing people to like him.  An office based schmooze is his perfect environment. He's not got to his salary level without being able to win people over.  Most posters on here would probably struggle to really nail him in a one-2-one meeting - it would certainly take a huge amount of prior research and fact checking to ensure you went in well armed.  

Glen will probably give as good as he's got nowadays, but interested to know with the benefit of hindsight whether he felt out of his depth when he first met with whoever the fuck was in charge all those years ago. 

I certainly learnt a lot from each meeting,

Be that talking to Hunt, Newsome, Coar, Beamish ,Shaw, Agnew, Singh, Silvester, Myers, Silk, Cheston.

It was difficult at times especially when I became elected Chairman of the AG, as you'd have to put members thoughts across (which you didnt always agree with yourself) however you would address these with the same passion and delivery, as if they were your own thoughts.

That being said ,i'm quite a straight talker and will always say it as it is,  will re-direct a questions if I feel the answer is default and quite clearly not answering what is being asked.

I dont get overwhelmed in meeting with anyone, and remain respectful and professional in meetings. I always tend to have back up to questions I ask, which is why they always found life most uncomfortable and ultimately are no longer here. 

Responses are rather predictable, which means, I dont make the questions predictable.

I recall Paul Agnew sitting in Jacks chair and spurting how BRFCS, Twitter and the Action Group wont get rid of him. I did point out to him, that I will save that comment for a book, and would ask him his thoughts again in 6 months, however it would be unlikely he be still here. He was removed 4 months later!!!

I will add, everyone is different and whoever you meet in the main are welcoming. The fear that they may break off communication can play on your mind a little, but then you get over that, as you realise your time and effort is worth far more to you than being fed garbage

Given i'm no longer representative of anyone bar me, then I will certainly be asking everything which is currently concerning me

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quick update. 

Thanks for sharing Chaddy. Not much to report back seemingly, but it seems like you got some reassurance from the meeting. Hopefully we can all move on from this now as the repeated questions aimed at you are tedious in the extreme. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Haha, what a load of rubbish.  If a poster says he's going to meet the CEO of the club it's quite natural people are going to want to know what was discussed, especially considering the general lack of trust and confidence towards the boardroom.  You do know this is a message board for people that support BRFC don't you?  We're likely to be interested.   

Chaddy has come back as many would have predicted, with a glowing reference for Waggott, no information of any substance other than confirming bits of the pitch have been stitched and season ticket sales are a secret,  and a closed door approach of 'I won't be answering any questions on the matter'.  

As someone has staged, he would have been better keeping the meeting to himself, if he wasn't prepared to share anything. Before he went, I was thinking that he would fire some hard hitting questions at him and report back on here as to what his fidnigs were. Instead we know nothing more than we did beforehand.

Really, what was the point?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ruaney said:

As expected, Chaddy walks into a meeting with the CEO of our club. Doesn't share the answers given or even the questions asked.

And for what? Why tell us you're having a meeting in the first place? Almost like you love all the grief / attention you get 😂

What's most bizarre is, we know Chaddy, we know he didn't ask anything controversial or anything that would have been answered with sensitive information. It's borderline unimaginable that anything from the discussion needs keeping on the down-low. Personally, I think he isn't answering questions because he knows he can't handle them, not from any sense of secrecy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Haha, what a load of rubbish.  If a poster says he's going to meet the CEO of the club it's quite natural people are going to want to know what was discussed, especially considering the general lack of trust and confidence towards the boardroom.  You do know this is a message board for people that support BRFC don't you?  We're likely to be interested.   

Chaddy has come back as many would have predicted, with a glowing reference for Waggott, no information of any substance other than confirming bits of the pitch have been stitched and season ticket sales are a secret,  and a closed door approach of 'I won't be answering any questions on the matter'.  

That's what I don't understand. When anybody meets with Swag there should be no censorship of what is said as nothing confidential should be discussed. If anything of that nature is said then Swag should be hauled over the coals.

Otherwise what's the point of meeting and then keeping it to yourself?

• Like 6