BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

1 minute ago, damo100 said:

But has failed to back these 'improvements' up, similar to yourself.

Well if you don't trust the information posted by @1864roverite then that's down to yourself. Maybe email the club to asked whether these improvements have happened or get the fans forum at the next meeting to ask the question

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the pitch had undergone the full renovation that was initially intended prior to the owners unwillingness to spend money, it wouldnt require someone to email the club to find out about it!

Then until that poster has evidence to the contrary he they it should respect it until they prove otherwise seems to be a simple logical suggestion Ask a question and get an answer👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the pitch had undergone the full renovation that was initially intended prior to the owners unwillingness to spend money, it wouldnt require someone to email the club to find out about it!

Well if you want to know what improvements has been made to the pitches then why don't email the club and speak someone there to get the answer you want. 

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Then until that poster has evidence to the contrary he they it should respect it until they prove otherwise seems to be a simple logical suggestion Ask a question and get an answer👍

Are the works you mentioned that have happened the same renovation planned a year ago? They may be but based on nothing from the club on the website I naturally presume not.

Any improvements are paid by for the Riversiders who are squeezed to the bone with their 35% increase in 3 seasons. And topped up with the Waggot Tax supposedly brought in to avoid pie wastage! Still can’t get a Guinness Surger pump in the JW stand though even though they are selling cans of it at a fiver a pop.

#ShitOnOurOwn

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

The proof will be in the pudding next season let's see if the pitch holds.

If the club were carrying out the work or have carried out the work that Waggott promised then the club would let it be known.

The plan was to have a concert only a few weeks ago and I fail to believe in the timeframe the work which Waggott promised has been done.

More money might have been spent and more may have been done but not to the extent what was promised 2 year ago

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Waggot is not retiring nor is he leaving - he has a contract until 2025 and will stay unless removed by the owners

2025? Fuck me how’s he managed that. What a shame. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you don't trust the information posted by @1864roverite then that's down to yourself. Maybe email the club to asked whether these improvements have happened or get the fans forum at the next meeting to ask the question

Are you for real, if you 'trust' someone or not if you claim to know something so important I'd say backing that up wouldn't be a problem.

Are you working for Swaggot the pair of you?

• Like 1

If the failed football agent is contracted to 2025 then he presumably signed a new contract within the past year?

First mention of this new contract I've seen so how did that slip under the radar.

That must have blown Mowbray's remaining brain cell which is the only positive I can find it otherwise distressing news.

I suppose though that as shit attracts shit so Pune and Waggott are on that basis a good fit.

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

As I've pointed to before after Waggott has referenced this 'investment'

- is this voluntary spending to try and make things better, or essential maintenance costs faced by most modern professional football clubs ?

- how does this figure compare to rival Championship clubs?

It all sounds great until you realise that actually in the scheme of things this is probably just the bare minimum needed to keep things ticking along and probably enhanced by years of corner cutting making problems worse

The bare minimum is all we've had for twelve years. To pretend that what they're doing is anything other than that is just wishful thinking. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 05:35, RevidgeBlue said:

A - New manager and management structure

B - Substantial work done on the pitch and supporting infrastructure

C - You yourself posted some remedial works are to be carried out to the stadium.

A - well we have appointed a new manager after the completely useless last one was let go at the end of his contract. I guess that's just to be expected. Kind of what happens.

B - no it hasn't. Nonsense.

C - maintaining your property. Wow. Almost unheard of. Although lets see if anything actually happens.

Next you will be telling us the Venkys have undergone a recent QEGS education and have changed. Laughable.

On 25/06/2022 at 05:35, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely no idea what your beef with Gary Smith is and playing devil's advocate we are possibly seeing signs of the good things certain people were promised 18 months or so ago

18 months ago nobody knew that Mowbray would have a melt down. I am sure he would still be in situ if he had kept quiet and popped over to India this summer. 

So the potentially positive move of appointing a new manager was done out of necessity.

I don't see too many other 'signs of good things'. To me, insisting that the existing coaching staff were retained and poorly thought out ticketing prices indicate that nothing much has changed.  Venky's are still in charge remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The bare minimum is all we've had for twelve years. To pretend that what they're doing is anything other than that is just wishful thinking. 

That'll upset Waggots coffee cup crew.

He's a salesman, a middleman, if they throw down a new mix of grass seed he'll say it's a brand new pitch, that sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That'll upset Waggots coffee cup crew.

He's a salesman, a middleman, if they throw down a new mix of grass seed he'll say it's a brand new pitch, that sort of thing.

Fortunately I have no desire to spend any of my time in the company of such a person.

10 hours ago, damo100 said:

Are you for real, if you 'trust' someone or not if you claim to know something so important I'd say backing that up wouldn't be a problem.

Are you working for Swaggot the pair of you?

never met Steve Waggott at all. 

Like I said ask the club for clarification on whether 1864roverite info is correct. I have suggestion either you or others email or ask the fans forum to ask the question at the next metting

On the subject of the pitch, it did appear from the early photos released a month or so ago, that there had been work done on the goal areas. The vast majority of the pitch looked like it had been prepared for re-seeding, whereas the goal areas looked different.

Perhaps the goal areas only have been 'stitched'?

Edited by Wheelton Blue

53 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Hang on, it was you who spouted all regards the pitch etc, therefore I'd say it's for you to back this up, now stop swerving this.

I’ve given you the facts as I know to be true. You have given nothing to dispute it other than what you understand from speculation and rumour I would suggest that it is now for you to underpin your claim with factual evidence to disprove what I have outlined. If you don’t believe a full weave has been undertaken across the goalmouths, new additional Lighting, better and more expensive fertiliser and power management of the undersoil heating pop your clogs down to Ewood and get the answers first hand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Seemingly? There is lots in black and white. 

Can you point us to it?  With a quick google search all I can find is Sharpe saying pitch maintenance started earlier due to the cancellation of that festival (https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20222407.blackburn-rovers-set-portugal-trip-part-pre-season-plans/)

Then a load of info from September 2021, about them stitching bits of the pitch.... "Although I couldn't get the full refurbishment with the £2m funding that we needed, I will be looking at that over the coming months because I would like to get a Desso pitch in there. We've stitched a couple bits of it, the goalkeeping areas and some other areas with Desso but we still need a full refurbishment so we're looking for funding on that." ...Waggott, September 2021 - https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-ewood-park-waggott-pitch-21650777

I can't see anything on the Rovers website, despite looking back to the end of this season.... have I missed something?  Based on the above, there would be zero reason for Waggott to keep such an investment to himself. 

So, do we have a full Desso pitch now? 

Seeing as he admitted to seeing the fans thoughts about the season ticket prices, perhaps this topic may reach his eyes and ears too..... 

STEVE.... please, please provide an update on the standard/level of maintenance that has taken place this season?  Is the pitch now fully woven, or is it still 'a couple of bits of it' that are stitched? 

Edited by Jimmy612

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To clarify as this question was never addressed, just the cryptic going round in circles. This was a no? @1864roverite

In answering your question I do not know what last years proposed works were on the pitch what I do know is this years work is enhanced, more lighting equipment to supplement the jw side of the pitch due to the height of the stand . There is a new boiler system and energy supply system , it’s greener and cost effective and helps the pitch recover quickly, the riverside had had drains reconfigured due to the overflows into the river adjacent to the stand and there is now a better fertiliser in place again to assist the pitch recovery. The new weave is across both ends of the pitch and should sustain it far better than it ever has in recent times . 
Inekll say again to the likes of Damo who persists in believing this hasn’t happened I’ve given you the specifics now go and disprove them because if you can then I can go out there in public and name and shame the people I have spoken to as being liars and I am sure the multimillion pound company won’t be too happy about that😅