BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford - everything we should be

Fantastic to see Brentford tonight.

What a collective spirit (club and fans).

Well done Raya - excellent and assured throughout.

We need a manager like Frank who can communicate and relate to the fans.  Oozes positivity and confidence.

Hope Pasha, Venky's were watching and realise just what could be.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

Just now, gumboots said:

They celebrated like they'd won the league! It's one game. They may keep doing it but who knows?

But wasn't it great.

Just what the feck do we have to cheer about!?

• Like 4

I think there is alot to like and alot we can learn from. However the academy side of things makes me really uncomfortable. Would hate to see us go that route.

The funny thing about it is, the fundamental difference is the manager. Enthusiastic, passionate and demanding. The opposite of TM. So much could be rectified by a simple change of manager..

• Like 7

For older fans,  it's utterly galling to see the likes of Brentford, Watford, Brighton, and up until recently Bournemouth, to my mind natural third and fourth division clubs, in the top division. Yes, I know they reflect the southern shift of wealth in the UK over the past 40 years but there's no reason except inept management why so many great northern and Midland clubs should be languishing for so long in the lower divisions. I don't think it's wonderful to see Brentford doing well - I resent it, because it should be us up there .  

• Like 6

Not really no.

Their manager is a wanker, the diving antics of many of their players disgraceful and now they'll have the influx of premiership bandwagon jumpers in the ground. Each to their own though, of course they are in a MUCH better position than us, certainly not everything I want to be though as a club!

On Raya, he was exposed many times in the championship so God help him in the prem. We have a much better keeper between our sticks, that's one thing we've definitely got over Brentford right now.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Brentford deservedly beat a poor Arsenal team. They reaction at the end was brilliant and why shouldn’t a club who haven’t been anywhere near the top division in my lifetime celebrate being back in the stadium and beating a top side (in a London derby ?) . Fair play to them. Fully deserve it. It might be a long hard season so enjoy it why you can . Banged a 20 on a Brentford win to so that’s millwall paid for . I just pray one day we see scenes like that back at rovers for any reason . COYB

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

BBC don’t see the irony of interviewing a family outside the ground before the game: “we we used to have a PL team and now this is our PL team, followed by a commentary line of “scoring in front of the Brentford faithful”.

Football is a mess. ‘Supporters’ are ‘consumers’ who are just expected to come and go with success and failure. If their team is in the PL then they are in “the club “ and it artificially inflates the number of people who suddenly call it their team. Average gates of 10k in the Championship.

Still, with only 16,000 fans at a season opening home game against Arsenal, (even if 90% of capacity) it just shows what a small club they are - a much smaller club than us. (Despite what people will tell you - including people well paid to work for our club).

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 3

The issue is that if the clubs mentioned above they are all managed by proper people behind the scenes who understand finance whereas Rovers are shockingly poor off the park. It’s atrocious how we are run across the board commercially we are shoddy and as for fan communication it’s just none existent 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Just what the feck do we have to cheer about!?

How about 20yrs of nights like Brentford had last night, pots in the cabinet, European football, watched some of the best players in Europe week in week out, had the best striker in the world banging in the goals, captain of England, I could go on.

We have a proud history and you should remember that.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

How about 20yrs of nights like Brentford had last night, pots in the cabinet, European football, watched some of the best players in Europe week in week out, had the best striker in the world banging in the goals, captain of England, I could go on.

I do but what a feckin mess now.

The point I was trying to make is what a small club like Brentford can do with proper management.

IMO, Waggott and Mowbray are 10th raters and way out of their depth and that is why we are in such a feckin mess.

You could sense the togetherness in the Brentford community (club, manager, players, fans).  We can and should be like that but sadly we are now a million miles away from that and we might never get it back.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

Keep those memories alive pal.....it's all we have left at present.

Club is a shambles now,a shadow of what we once were.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Keep those memories alive pal.....it's all we have left at present.

Club is a shambles now,a shadow of what we once were.

Sadly, this doesn't improve until these owners crawl back under the rock from whence they came......or preferably the rock falls on them!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gumboots said:

They celebrated like they'd won the league! It's one game. They may keep doing it but who knows?

To be fair they had played in the Premier league for the first time in their history. A new stadium, and fans back for the first time in months, and they deservedly won. Fair play to them and why not celebrate. That said I don't like their manager, I'm incredibly jealous of their success and club structure and I hope they go down 😂😂

• Moderation Lead

First time in the PL, new stadium, first game they’ve been able to see in the flesh for about 18 months and they beat an team historically in an different stratosphere to them.

We’d have gone wild too with the shoe on the other foot….

We actually broke off our family holiday in Scarborough to drive home, watch the game, and then drive back again the next morning (my Mum wasn’t too impressed, but as my Dad said, ‘we have no choice!’).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Hate to say it but the club who were everything we should be were (until their takeover); Burnley FC under Sean Dyche.

Hard-working, community club, no airs and graces, spending well within their means. 

They had similarities to us the decade before under Hughes (we were better of course!!! 😉) but seeing them be what we should be and where we should be while we turned up our noses at Neil Warnock to appoint Owen Coyle really brought home our self-inflicted regression under the Venkys. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Fantastic to see Brentford tonight.

What a collective spirit (club and fans).

We need a manager like Frank who can communicate and relate to the fans.  Oozes positivity and confidence.

Hope Pasha, Venky's were watching and realise just what could be.

I think Brentford has a very good football management structure with 2 director of football in place and with good scouting structure and knowledge. With an owner who has a plan how he wants to run the club and appointed the right people to their roles. 

Venkys and Pasha have enough to bring in this sort of set up over the last 10 years. They won't appointed a proper football experience CEO to run the club and bring in the proper footballing structure we need at the club. This is why I suggested we went for the Barnsley CEO in the summer to replace Waggott and bring in a proper footballing structure with DoF and Head Coach in place. Instead Forest went for him and he is there now. 

I would say that the fans were united last Saturday game and will support the players on the pitch. Its seem the majority of fans around me are in favour of Mowbray remaining as manager